Incarnate Trials - Solo?

_NOPE_

Does anyone know if it's even possible to start an Incarnate Trial completely solo?

Context: I've gotten my main up to Veteran Level 32, with ALL of my slots unlocked AND filled with tier 3 Incarnate abilities... COMPLETELLY SOLO. I wanted to test and see how hard it would be to do this on a FF/Elec Defender without EVER teaming with a single other person. Not only did I do it, I did it fairly easily. But, the trudge through getting those very rare tier 4 abilities has been very slow and painful, I think I've only got two of them so far, grinding through the Veteran Levels for Empyrian Merits. It'd be MUCH faster if I could solo iTrials, but I haven't figured out how to work the GUI to make that happen, if it's even possible!

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!

Screenshots would be awesome for the process... again, if it's even possible.

• Like 1
I'm out.

I'm not Obi-Wan, but you don't need to do iTrials to get the t-4 parts you want. There are arcs in DA that award the same reward tables that an iTrial will. The biggest difference is you can set the difficulty for the DA arcs, but the iTrials will be +4 by default. And you can redo the arcs through ouro. The Heather Townsend arc is the first, and by most accounts the fastest of them. 

That said - if you really want to try an iTrial solo, the only way would be to get the required minimum, say 8 for a lambda, and have the other 7 quit while you remain. If you try to queue it solo, it will state you lack enough people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I doubt that the BAF is soloable, if only because it would require you to be in several places at once.  And my understanding is that it's the most basic of the series. 

• Thanks 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

You need 8-12 people to start a trial, depending on which one. However, once the trial is started, they don't need to stay in. This is a recent change, trials used to automatically fail if you didn't have a certain amount of people on the map. 

Whether or not it's actually possible to solo a trial is another matter. I've successfully duo'd a few of them and have only one failed attempt at a solo Lambda (couldn't take down Marauder in time). 

With that said, farming Burden of the Past is probably your best bet if you're only interested in the incarnate rewards. 

Edited by Corruption

I seriously doubt Lambda is solo-able even using the team queue then everyone else drops.  You have two areas you need to be to get the temp powers in the time limit, and between beating down Marauder AND all the adds I don't see it happening.

BAF is a flat no way, you'll fail on the prisoner escape even if you manage to take down the first AV solo, then after that you'll have to take both AV's down at the same time.  I'm not sure one person could handle the prisoner escape even if the mobs were gray.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Solo incarnate trials would run into a couple of issues, primarily most (or all?) of them have a timer to complete. The AVs are always AVs, and if you can't take them down fast enough you fail. I have a hard time seeing Force Field/Electric Blast outputting enough DPS to do that.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

By the way! You are still only VL32. You still get Merit awards every 3 levels, so you don't even have to worry about specifically grinding merits and salvage overmuch. Just play normally and level and by VL50 you should have enough merits to craft at least one set of T4s, unless you've been trading merits for threads or something...

Thanks everyone. I was trying to do the iTrials entirely for the merits to get the T4s, nothing to do with the trials themselves. I've got all six slots unlocked, and T3s in all of them, except I think I have two T4s by now, so I've got four T4s left to go. So I was looking for a way to "farm" the Empyrean Merits. It looks like that guide that @Omega-202 pointed to will solve that, as it points to the arc that @Ukase and others pointed to, so thanks for that everyone!

I'm out.

20 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

You can also run it at +4/x8 and it’s still quick but not as boring since you get a few good fights in.  Takes me about 20-25 minutes that way and you pick up lots of threads to boot.

i've taken to running the first and third mish on 0/1/no and the second and final on 4/8/with. good mix of speed and xp and you avoid having to chase on the tsoo boss spawn. with difficulty macros it's a quick switch too. 

6 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Thanks everyone. I was trying to do the iTrials entirely for the merits to get the T4s, nothing to do with the trials themselves. I've got all six slots unlocked, and T3s in all of them, except I think I have two T4s by now, so I've got four T4s left to go. So I was looking for a way to "farm" the Empyrean Merits. It looks like that guide that @Omega-202 pointed to will solve that, as it points to the arc that @Ukase and others pointed to, so thanks for that everyone!

I would also suggest Apex/Tin Mage speed runs.  With a solid team, you can finish both in less than 45 mins and grab some Empyrean Merits and salvage as well as regular merits.  

I know its not solo, but they really don't require much teamwork or discussion with the team (especially TM).  I've carried plenty of anchors through those TFs.  

I'm doing it all solo, for concept. It's the principle of the thing. I don't want my Excelsior version of The Philotic Knight to team... EVER. I know it's weird, especially for an FF Defender, but I wanted to prove, at least to myself, that it's still totally viable as a solo hero, from level 1 to level 50+, all the way to "completing" the character with the highest tier Incarnate abilities.

So far, it looks like I'm proving it just fine. But that won't work if I try to "cheat". I just needed a path to do it without teaming, I have no issues doing the work itself.

I'm out.

1 hour ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

i've taken to running the first and third mish on 0/1/no and the second and final on 4/8/with. good mix of speed and xp and you avoid having to chase on the tsoo boss spawn. with difficulty macros it's a quick switch too. 

Why would you want to take longer getting to the roll?

1 hour ago, DarknessEternal said:

because the empy drops from leveling are huge for tier 4'ing everything, so snagging exp where it doesn't add too much time is a plus to me. i'm still only killing the mobs i have to so it only adds 3 or 4 minutes. but basically it's just what i've settled in on as my particular sweet spot. ymmv

On 10/31/2019 at 10:25 AM, DarknessEternal said:

The way I see it, there is a fixed time cost (travel time, cutscenes, etc.) of about ten to twelve minutes, whether or not you run it at -1/0 or 4/8.  For me, the incremental rewards in terms of threads, xp, and most importantly boredom-reducing fights, is worth the extra time.

Who run Bartertown?