Is a "sell all" button possible?

I set everything at 100 (it takes 5 inf anyway so I pay my 5% that way).  After I type it in the first one I just start rapid fire clicking post....2 clicks per item....it lags a little but it remembers the 100 so I dont have to retype it.  Then pop to sold tab and get all inf and see how much you made!  Certainly not max profits but good enough for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmmySky said:

I set everything at 100 (it takes 5 inf anyway so I pay my 5% that way).  After I type it in the first one I just start rapid fire clicking post....2 clicks per item....it lags a little but it remembers the 100 so I dont have to retype it.  Then pop to sold tab and get all inf and see how much you made!  Certainly not max profits but good enough for me.

I'm talking about selling to NPC vendors, not on the market.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

It is tedious, but I cannot imagine how many people would file reports to the devs that they accidentally sold their pvp recipes. I consider this a cost of doing business.

True.  So they could include a confirmation box.  They already exist if you try to sell salvage that's used in one of your recipes to a vendor.  Just create a confirmation box for if you try to sell a rare recipe or salvage to a vendor.

7 minutes ago, molten_dragon said:

True.  So they could include a confirmation box.  They already exist if you try to sell salvage that's used in one of your recipes to a vendor.  Just create a confirmation box for if you try to sell a rare recipe or salvage to a vendor.

Yup, and there's an opt out box as well to stop from getting those messages in the future.  But I'm still willing to bet that people will opt out of the confirmation box, accidentally sell something they wanted to keep, and file complaints.  As it stands, you just click a mouse button a bunch of times.  Personally, I find that annoying, but it's a few seconds out of my life and until they can read my mind to know what I want to sell and what I don't, I'll stick with it.

Who run Bartertown?

42 minutes ago, biostem said:

Or implement some sort of "buy back" feature for vendors...

Fucking perfect. Now that I read it, it seems so obvious and ideal that I'm shocked it hasn't already happened. As far as I'm concerned, you win the thread. I realize it's not a contest, you still win. 

Edited by MunkiLord
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not having a buy back option is actually quite a significant oversight. I wonder why the original devs didn't think it was necessary?

That being said, if a buy back option is not easily implemented I'd be perfectly satisfied with a sell all common and uncommon options. Anything above that should really be dealt with on a individual basis really.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nekkidtruth said:

Not having a buy back option is actually quite a significant oversight. I wonder why the original devs didn't think it was necessary?

That being said, if a buy back option is not easily implemented I'd be perfectly satisfied with a sell all common and uncommon options. Anything above that should really be dealt with on a individual basis really.

Well, inventions and their associated recipes & salvage weren't there at launch, and SOs are very easily replaced, so they probably didn't think it'd be necessary...

16 minutes ago, nekkidtruth said:

Most likely. However the introduction of IO's and Salvage should have prompted a change in that line of thinking. Weirdos Lol

Given the kind of anecdotes I've heard regarding the "spaghetti code" that is CoH, it wouldn't surprise me if such a feature as a "Buy Back" option would require a lot of work.  I mean, you'd basically have to cache the last few transactions of every player...

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Yup, and there's an opt out box as well to stop from getting those messages in the future.  But I'm still willing to bet that people will opt out of the confirmation box, accidentally sell something they wanted to keep, and file complaints.  As it stands, you just click a mouse button a bunch of times.  Personally, I find that annoying, but it's a few seconds out of my life and until they can read my mind to know what I want to sell and what I don't, I'll stick with it.

I mean it's pretty easy to accidentally sell something you want to keep now, so the current system is no guarantee against that.  At a certain point, people have to be responsible for their own actions in the game.  Sure, some will file complaints, and the devs/GMs/whoever can just ignore those complaints.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, biostem said:

Given the kind of anecdotes I've heard regarding the "spaghetti code" that is CoH, it wouldn't surprise me if such a feature as a "Buy Back" option would require a lot of work.  I mean, you'd basically have to cache the last few transactions of every player...

Even in clean code, it's extra stuff and more opportunities for bugs and general mischief.  No sensible coder knowingly adds in more opportunities for bugs and general mischief.

1 hour ago, molten_dragon said:

At a certain point, people have to be responsible for their own actions in the game.

^^ This.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

41 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Even in clean code, it's extra stuff and more opportunities for bugs and general mischief.  No sensible coder knowingly adds in more opportunities for bugs and general mischief.

^^ This.

Any added code or features or changes adds in opportunities for bugs. The only way to avoid that is to never change or add to the code. 

Edited by MunkiLord
  • Like 2

Not to sound insulting, but why are people/players getting so lazy.   I can sell 7 trays of enhancements in like 10-15 second but I don't time myself so it might be off.  Back in the day, we only had 10 and it look like 3 seconds.  With patience, you can check your inventory to not sell the rare recipe or salvage, might not need it for one toon but your alt might.  Its just a few minutes of your time as CoH has such a simple double click.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

2 hours ago, molten_dragon said:

Because I'm playing a video game.  I get enough tedious tasks and boredom in the real world.  I don't need it in my games too.

If you notice selling enh/insp to contacts or stores you are doing it wrong

• Confused 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

Nest the various options like recipes, salvage, enhancements already are.

So:

• Enhancements
    • Training
    • Dual Origin
    • Single Origin
    • Invention Origin (which can't be sold anyway)
  • Inspirations
    • Small
    • Medium
    • Large
  • Recipes
    • Common
    • Uncommon
    • Rare
    • PvP
  • Salvage
    • Common
    • Uncommon
    • Rare

Then have a sell all button at the top of each category and a check mark that allows you to assign that type of loot as "Junk". Then the vendor has a button to sell "Junk" which sells everything you have set as "Junk", and you can manually sell the whole category if you want. Ideally also add a way to automatically seed sold "Junk" directly into the AH as well, not so much for common stuff but Rare and upwards sold to vendors.

14 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

you can sell a full row of 10 enh to a store in 11 clicks ffs

Which is 10 more clicks than I want it to take.  When I have 50 or 60 enhancements to sell, 150 pieces of salvage, and 40-50 recipes, it's a lot of clicking to sell it all.  That's boring and tedious, which I already voiced my opinion on.

• Like 1