Can't rearrange character select list

Dragone

I try to move my characters on the list so my highest is on page one at the top. I tried to do that with a new toon but when I log off and back on it is back on the last page at the bottom. None of the toons stay where I move them to. Is this a known issue or is a setting been changed I need to correct?

• Like 1

• Is this a new problem?
  • Where is your game installed?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 4 weeks later

I have this issue as well, a few patches ago I was able to re-order my characters after a few tries now I cannot. I have not tried to modify the text file with the character order at this point though. I have COH loaded on my secondary data drive / storage and not my os drive.

On 11/7/2019 at 10:48 PM, Dragone said:

I try to move my characters on the list so my highest is on page one at the top. I tried to do that with a new toon but when I log off and back on it is back on the last page at the bottom. None of the toons stay where I move them to. Is this a known issue or is a setting been changed I need to correct?

Where is the game installed? You can try the below solution too, but if the game is installed into Program Files/Program Files(x86), it will have issues writing files into the installation directory.

3 hours ago, arithor said:

I have this issue as well, a few patches ago I was able to re-order my characters after a few tries now I cannot. I have not tried to modify the text file with the character order at this point though. I have COH loaded on my secondary data drive / storage and not my os drive.

Delete (or move out of the installation directory) the text file. This fixed the same issue for me.

• 2 months later

So today was the first time I tried to arrange my character list, and it doesn't stick.  It's installed under c:/users/myusername/Downloads/Homecoming, and there is no file anywhere called playerslots that people seem to refer to to store character order.  I tried creating one, logging in, moving characters around and logging back out, but the file was still empty and the characters not arranged still. Any ideas?

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 2:09 AM, _Kai_ said:

So today was the first time I tried to arrange my character list, and it doesn't stick.  It's installed under c:/users/myusername/Downloads/Homecoming, and there is no file anywhere called playerslots that people seem to refer to to store character order.  I tried creating one, logging in, moving characters around and logging back out, but the file was still empty and the characters not arranged still. Any ideas?

While some may bark that they play just fine, you should reinstall the game to something more like C:\games\COH due to how windows likes to protect things. The file you're looking for based on Your install will likely be in ~\Homecomming\[ACCOUNT NAME]\playerslot.txt.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 3:07 AM, Metatheory said:

See this thread - you have to create the playerslots file yourself using a specific format.

Actually, the game creates it, you just have to find it for the right account.

• 2 weeks later
  1. Reordering characters at the character selection screen does not persist once I leave that screen.
  2. If I manually edit the playerslot.txt file in notepad, that works just fine.
  3. "/buildsave" (from the chat window) gives me an "UnableBuildSave" error.

My install directory is in "c:\Users\MyName\Documents\Tequila\". Not sure if this extra information helps.