Super reflex questions

Tingglebells

Yes getting the accolades will help. Also should be noted that SR is a late bloomer because it doesn't get AoE defense till level 35. But once you get all 3 toggles it doesn't take much investment to get to the soft cap. 

Edited by Broken_Prey

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"- Chesty Puller US Marine Corps

I find that first I get to the softcap via powers, no set bonuses necessary.  The next decision then becomes whether to use sets bonuses for a very high recharge build or to focus on building for max survivability.  I've found I typically go for survivability.  I never really felt my end usage at lower levels was anymore problematic than any other randomly picked paring of sets.  Some are easier and some can be more rough.

2 hours ago, Aracknight said:

I added a powexec practiced brawler to my target enemy near keybind and it did wonders for making me less annoyed with clicking PB.  Since im always hitting the target button anyway, i can now basically assume its on or even double stacked.

Have fun.

Interesting, I  actually stopped placing PB on auto as it tended to interrupt what ever I was doing.  Every now and then I get reminded I forgot to click it.  I'd get bounced across the map by some KB as a reminder.  Interestingly I  rarely got mezzed which says something about about the amount of KB vs mez in the game.

if you're adventurous, you can take /SR all the way up to icap Def levels on all 3 positions (59%+) w/o Agility, & still have great +Rech along with decent +Res & well over 3/1 End Ratio. because mine is Spine/SR, i did take Conserve + Body Mastery to cover the Quills/Tough/Weave toggles, but i didn't add slots & honestly never need Conserve. i added Rune & took Rebirth for the nastiest Incarnate & late-game stuff. everything else in the game is a cakewalk at that point, so you can go Musculature/Spiritual & Assault easily.

SpineSR Scrap - base.png

16 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Interesting, I  actually stopped placing PB on auto as it tended to interrupt what ever I was doing.  Every now and then I get reminded I forgot to click it.  I'd get bounced across the map by some KB as a reminder.  Interestingly I  rarely got mezzed which says something about about the amount of KB vs mez in the game.

Me too!  It's exactly why I added PB to my target_enemy_near bind lol.

I'm MA and keep storm kick on auto, with the scrapper +critical strike chance.  Then i follow it with whichever attack is up next, whether dragon's tail, eagle's  claw, cobra strike, or crane kick.  Very few minion and even LT rank require a third atack.  Switching to the next target lets me keep PB up with a single keystroke, and i dont find i need hasten with Quickness and 5 LOTG recharge bonuses.  

To each their own tho.  I have a good time with my Scrapper, which is whats important  🙂

Edited by Aracknight
Typo
  • Like 1

SR is a great set.  You can comfortably  survive most content at level 50 with a fairly basic build.

Scrapper SR though has poor level progression.  You don't get your AOE defense toggle until level 35.  

Making leveling up and exemplaring  sometimes dicey.  The Brute progression is much better.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
On 11/12/2019 at 9:44 AM, Broken_Prey said:

Also should be noted that SR is a late bloomer

This.

But once you get there it makes it all worth it.  I get bored with sets that bloom early.

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."