December 2019 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hey everyone!

Winter is upon us and so too is the Winter event! In case you haven’t read the patch notes or seen it in-game for yourself yet - snow has covered Atlas Park, presents have been scattered throughout our beloved city, and the Winter Horde have arrived! You can read more about it here.

As per tradition on the last Saturday of each month, it’s time to go over our finances and donations over the past month and the upcoming month.

November 2019 Breakdown

Last month we accepted $9,071.36 in donations - $36.06 over our target for the month. We had some additional charges in the past month which includes a 1-year DocuSign subscription which will allow us to handle more of our legal documentation ourselves (reducing our legal costs going forward) and a new business address from UPS to act as our primary business address.

Here is the exact breakdown of what the October funds went towards:

• $4,820.39 to OVH for our hosting
    • + $9.97 to sync the billing for the new A-1 purchased in October
  • $4,251.75 to our lawyers for their services rendered up to Sept. 30th
  • $240.00 for a 1-year DocuSign subscription
  • $157.00 for our new business address from UPS (6-month renewal term with setup fee)
  • $137.76 for some domains (used for our new legal documentation)
  • $96.00 for our Google G-Suite Business account
  • $30.00 for our 1&1 IONOS domain & outbound email services
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira Cloud instance (10-user)
  • $8.80 for security / administration software
    • Up $1.85 from previous months

image.png.a5daf25c5378850d0b1b22ab63945b36.png

December 2019

We have received the next invoice from our lawyers totaling $3,607.05 which will be paid in early December. We will be including an additional $509.49 this month refill the contingency fund from the additional one-off expenses in November (DocuSign, domains, and UPS). Our monthly (recurring) operating costs have increased by $1.85 as cost for the security / administration software previously mentioned increased slightly. Otherwise, our other monthly (recurring) operating costs have not increased since October.

In total, the donation target for December 2019 is $9,156.73. Here is a breakdown of how the funds are allocated:

• $4,820.39 to OVH for our hosting
  • $3,607.05 to our lawyers for their services rendered from Sept. 30th
  • $509.49 to cover the one-off expenses in November (DocuSign, domains, and UPS)
  • $96.00 for our Google G-Suite Business account
  • $75.00 for our Invision Community renewal (6-month)
  • $30.00 to 1&1 IONOS for domain services & outgoing email
    • We’re hoping to eliminate this after December
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira Cloud instance (10-user)
  • $8.80 for the security / administration software

Our donation goal has been met. Thank you for your support! The next donation window will open at the end of December.

Our donation system will be open as of the time of this post with a donation target of $9,156.73 and will automatically close once that target is met.

Thank you for your continued support; 2019 has been an amazing year and we couldn’t be happier to have our City and community back. We hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving and enjoys the Winter festivities. If you’re traveling for the holidays then please be safe!

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Yay! I got in to donate. I miss the window sometimes. 😊 Thank you so much for all your hard work. Our son (now 27 years old) got CoH for his birthday in November 2004 and by the end of Christmas break the entire family was hooked. November 29, 2012 was a very sad day in our house.

Our kids are all in their 20s now and we're all logged in right now, playing together, just like the old days. Life is good.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Donated. I know it's Christmas but come on.  Everyone just give a little

• Like 2

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

• Widower pinned and featured this topic

Hi.

When is the due date for reaching the target donation amount? We are doing really well raising donations considering this is a Black Friday / Cyber Monday weekend, but the spendfest could also slow donations. 

I already donated $10 US dollars as I do each month. ☺

Edited by MoggieCanada
I cannot spell the word already ;(
  • Like 2

Just now, MoggieCanada said:

Hi.

When is the due date for reaching the target donation amount? We are doing really well raising donations considering this is a Black Friday / Cyber Monday weekend, but the spendfest could also slow donations. 

I alreafy donated $10 US dollars as I do each month. ☺

There is no due-date per se.  The donation window stays open until the amount needed is reached.  Then, it automatically closes.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

6 minutes ago, erickalkbrenner707 said:

I finally donated for the first time ever.  reason it took me so long is that every time i got ready to donate it was closed,

Yeah, these days the target goals are higher, due to the legal fees being incorporated.  Lawyers are expensive, and with something as complex as what is being negotiated with NCSoft, I'm guessing that represents a significant amount of hours.  We all have our fingers crossed that it is successful (and hopefully, soon), but if there is a silver lining to be had, the higher monthly goal allows the donation windows to stay open longer, and thus, more folks have the opportunity to donate!  😎

• Like 4

What was no more, is REBORN!