Level Shift Combat Attribute

TyrantMikey

In the Combat Attributes window, under Base, you can view and track Level Shift

I was helping another hero on the Help channel figure this out the other day. We determined that his Level Shift should be 3: Since the base Level Shift value displayed in the Combat Attributes window is 1, each of his two T4 Incarnate Abilities should have produced a Level Shift value of 3. However, Combat Attributes->Base->Level Shift shows 1.

Is this attribute bugged? If so, how do we go about reporting it? Is this a "low-hanging fruit" issue that could be fixed by the devs?

• Like 1

On Excelsior : Plasma Fury (Fire/Fire Blaster) - Prodigal (WP/SS Tank) - Terra Forma (Earth/Storm Controller)

The additional level shifts apply only to i-Trials and Incarnate-level zones, and Dark Astoria is the only one of those I'm aware of.  Consequently, you'll only see the level shift values greater than 1 in i-Trials and Dark Astoria.  Everywhere else, you'll see only the 1st level shift value.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Level_Shift

Edited by Rathulfr
Added reference link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

16 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

The additional level shifts apply only to i-Trials and Incarnate-level zones, and Dark Astoria is the only one of those I'm aware of.  Consequently, you'll only see the level shift values greater than 1 in i-Trials and Dark Astoria.  Everywhere else, you'll see only the 1st level shift value.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Level_Shift

So, if I understand this correctly, the Level Shift Combat Attribute will reflect the higher attribute when a level-shifted Incarnate enters Dark Astoria or an i-Trial. Is that correct?

• Like 1

On Excelsior : Plasma Fury (Fire/Fire Blaster) - Prodigal (WP/SS Tank) - Terra Forma (Earth/Storm Controller)

Just now, TyrantMikey said:

So, if I understand this correctly, the Level Shift Combat Attribute will reflect the higher attribute when a level-shifted Incarnate enters Dark Astoria or an i-Trial. Is that correct?

Correct.

• Like 1

@Rathstar

• 1 year later
On 12/9/2019 at 10:28 AM, Rathulfr said:

Correct.

So how does that account for people who display as +3 in the open world?  Is THAT a bug?

• Like 1

Virtue Shard:

Quick Shot Kid

Liberty Vanguard

Gleaming Spark

Shadow Squirrel

1 hour ago, KalSpiro said:

There are plenty of people I've seen with +3 in Atlas, Pocket D, The Hive, and right now in Echo Plaza.

I am doubtful about Atlas Park.  I can tell you with certainty that characters in Atlas Park will normally show 50+1 because I just checked.  Maybe someone who is on an iTrial league with people already on the trial map will show as +3?  I'm skeptical of this, but who knows.

Ouroboros:  50+3

Echo Plaza:  50+3

Atlas Park:  50+1

All checked by me just now.  I didn't bother checking Pocket D because I would guess it works like Ouroboros so no surprise.  I also didn't bother checking the Hive because it takes longer to get there.

Edit:

Okay, I went and checked Pocket D to be sure and it shows 50+3.

Also, if there's any confusion, I was checking *BOTH* the Level Shift combat attribute *AND* the information displayed to other players when they target a character.  I did not check The Hive because I don't have a character high enough level to get in on my second account.

Edited by Ironblade
  • Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

1 hour ago, KalSpiro said:

There are plenty of people I've seen with +3 in Atlas, Pocket D, The Hive, and right now in Echo Plaza.

You didn't see anyone +3 in Atlas nor The Hive.  +3 is only displayed in Pocket D, Ouroboros, Dark Astoria (sans Echo), and Echo Plaza.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Apparition said:

You didn't see anyone +3 in Atlas nor The Hive.  +3 is only displayed in Pocket D, Ouroboros, Dark Astoria (sans Echo), and Echo Plaza.

Basically, it's +1 in any of the "legacy" or "classic" zones in Paragon City and the Rogue Isles, while it's >+1 in any of the newer zones configured without the level shift limiter (Pocket D, Ouroboros, the new Dark Astoria, Echo Plaza, iTrials, RWZ [I think], etc.).

• Like 1

@Rathstar

• 2 years later

hello everyone, I see everyone is talking about how to shift plus 1, 2, and 3. so how do I get get shift to plus 4 or did they do away with plus 4?? I remember back in the day or at least a while back they was level 54 toons (50 plus 4). just wondering what happen to them or are they still going on, if so how do I get from plus 3 to plus 4. thx so much

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Game Master
3 hours ago, knightbaby85 said:

hello everyone, I see everyone is talking about how to shift plus 1, 2, and 3. so how do I get get shift to plus 4 or did they do away with plus 4?? I remember back in the day or at least a while back they was level 54 toons (50 plus 4). just wondering what happen to them or are they still going on, if so how do I get from plus 3 to plus 4. thx so much

You buy an ultimate inspiration from Luna which gives you a +1 level shift up to 50 +4

• Like 4

• Game Master
23 minutes ago, Snarky said:

This MFing topic been necro’d twice a year apart.  

I am nailing a post it to my ghouls head to remind me to bring it back next May…

I'd normally agree with you and lock this as a necro thread but the information is still relevant and people still ask the same question, so it does serve a purpose

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

This MFing topic been necro’d twice a year apart.  

I am nailing a post it to my ghouls head to remind me to bring it back next May…

Irony: Undead bloke complains about necro-threads. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

On 5/8/2024 at 5:38 AM, GM Crumpet said:

I'd normally agree with you and lock this as a necro thread but the information is still relevant and people still ask the same question, so it does serve a purpose

yup. I see the +3 in Atlas Park from time to time but I just assumed they were visiting while they have an active mission in DA.

26 minutes ago, TheMoneyMaker said:

yup. I see the +3 in Atlas Park from time to time but I just assumed they were visiting while they have an active mission in DA.

I just tried this - took a character with all 3 level shifts, started an Ouro flashback arc, went to DA, then LRT to Atlas while still in the flashback. Checked with another account to see how they look in Atlas and it says 50+1.

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)