SG/VG Recruitment Board

markofantares

SG Name: Young Warriors

RP/RP Friendly: Yes (RP/AE RP)). encouraged but not required. PG13 content. Also new RPer friendly

Theme/Era: Youth Center for Paragon's youthful hero

Redside/Blueside: Blue, but Young Warriors center is neutral ground.

Recruitment Message:

Are you new to your powers? Do you find your powers or ideas to make you feel separate from those around you? Do your differences make it hard to fit in? Well, we at the Young Warriors wish to help you. We are a youth center revolving around those who need a place to be themselves. We have a fully stocked center and, if needed, a place to stay. Our wants are to give the youths of Paragon a place where they can feel accepted and not feel as if they need to hide. We are not a group, but a family. We take care and help one another.

((The Young Warriors are a group revolving around those under the age of 22. Adults are usually there as counselors and assistance. We want this to be a place where you can be your inner child, or a safe place for those of the younger generation learning the game. We try to get together every Tuesday to do content, parties or meeting as needed.))

If interested, Our discord is https://discord.gg/zeysevTxBw Please read the rules of membership and submit an application. If you are not using discord, you may offline message me @Drandex if you prefer.

SG Name: The Protectorate
RP/RP Friendly: We are a heavy RP group that focuses on weekly/monthly plots & campaigns.
Theme: We mimic the MCU's Avengers in terms of general feel. That sort of "save the world" power scale dealing with major threats to the city.
Redside/Blueside: Blueside exclusively.

Timezone/Event Times: American timezones, most events happen around 8 or 9 PM Eastern

Recruitment Message: 
The Protectorate is a large, highly active, heavy RP supergroup, and we're looking to add new members to our roster!
We put a lot of focus on storytelling, and giving our members the tools to get involved, or tell their own stories if they wish!  Heavily inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe, we are always looking toward our next big adventure, and how we can shake up the status quo.
In Character, The Protectorate is based out of the top floors of the largest skyscraper on Peregrine Island, known as the Monolith.  From their headquarters, they work closely with Portal Corp, providing security and regularly assisting expeditions into new dimensions.  They also patrol the city, stopping threats and looking for opportunities to inspire hope among the citizens.
The Protectorate believes that a hero must not only inspire the people to be brave, true, and strong but to stand for what is right. They should be willing to lay down their very lives to protect it, and find strength in being a symbol others aspire to be. A member of the Protectorate isn't merely looking for the next bad guy to arrest, their goal is to bring hope and community to a world that should feel a little brighter. Even in the darkest of times, what good is saving the city, if those we save have no hope?

Contact Details: Join the discord and chat with us directly there. We love to get to know people, and keep most of our SG activities open to anyone, member or not.

OOC Details: The Protectorate has a long history - it was an SG back on the live servers, and it is one of the first SGs on Everlasting. We've been going strong since Homecoming launched, with a team of DMs that keep SG story arcs, AE missions, dice events, and RP hooks rolling all month long, every month. We love to coordinate with members to help get their character's story arcs in front of the other RPers, and put a high focus on making sure each character gets their moment to shine.

We use a custom dice system that is very easy to learn and works well with our RP events in game. The system rewards cooperation with others, featuring things like Superhero Combos and Heroic Moments to make sure you have every opportunity to show off your character's coolest moves against the supervillains.

And to top it off, we have one of the largest bases on Everlasting - a full scale 40-story tall skyscraper and accompanying complex, complete with all the amenities a superhero could ever need. It includes a listening post, briefing room, dorms, arena, workout areas, medical, brig, and more. Plenty of options for engaging in casual RP in between events!

OOC Expectations: We are looking for people who have an interest in getting to know us, and letting us get to know you. Our application process can take up to a couple of months - this gives us time to feel you out, make sure it's a good fit, let you meet people and see how we do things. Fear not - almost all of our RP activities are open to non-members and guests at any time, so even while you're in our long application process, you'll still be able to take part in everything we have going on.

If you'd like to meet us, ask questions, or submit an application, just join our discord!

https://discord.com/invite/coh-protectorate

screenshot_211009-19-03-19.jpg

Edited by firelightx

Everlasting server

Main Characters: Vigilance, Firelight, Chameleon

• 1 month later

Name: The Georgeworth T. Bonkspoon Academy of Bonkin’

Colors: red and dark blue with gold trim

Team: blue or red

Founder: Stickbonker (@Hertz in game)

Details: RP friendly but not required

A word from the founder: 

Hey dere, dis is Stickbonker. If you on Everblasting, you know dat I am a top-quality guy and also the mayor, prob’ly. I wrote dis mission about hot dogs, an’ I arrested Ghost Ship when it went fru Underpants Port. I got to da highest level ever (50) by only leveling up 49 times. I bet dat never been done before!

Anyway, it time to pass on all dis cunning an’ skill an’ cunning dat I got, so I startin’ dis academy. I made up a fancy name so it fit in wIf all dese fancy Ivy Leek schools dey got. We study art of bonkin’ in all various forms: stickbonkin’, rockbonkin’, techbonkin’, an’ all dat. I gonna build dis great base like a big fancy school, we gonna have grill in da back yard an’ a pool, it gonna be great.

Dere’s a couple rules we got about joinin’ dis academy. Your name gotta have BONK in it, an’ stickbonkin’ ain’t a metaphor for nuffin’ nasty. (Dat a common phallacy.)  It also gonna be much funnier if it all one word, wif first part ending in K sound.

Here some ideas to get you started:

• Quarkbonker could be atomic guy.
  • Darkbonker could be somet’ing too.
  • Sharkbonker sound totally cool.
  • Hackbonker could be sword guy.
  • Mechbonker could be dis killer robot guy, I dunno. Maybe he got rocket boots.
  • Thinkbonker could be a psionic guy an’ shoot mind farts at people.

You get da basic ordeal. Dere ain’t no requirement dat you as smart as me, or dat you talk all fancy an’ dat, or if you red or blue or male or female or what. Bonkin’ academy welcome all kinds. Only thing is, we don’t allow nobody to join if dey one of dose beercats down at City Hall dat always pushin’ people around wif pencils. Dey always makin’ up so many rules! All dis red tape dat dey do is makin’ life hard for da people on da street. At da Academy we don’t mind givin’ out rules, but we draw da line at people tellin’ us what time of day to do.

If you wanna know official Stickbonker uniform I can tell you dat too.

Anyway, send a message to @Hertz in game to join up on da ground flop of dis new supergroup.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

• 3 months later
On 5/27/2019 at 9:05 AM, Warhead2067 said:

SG Name: House of Cards

RP/RP Friendly: Friendly, not Required

Theme/Era:Playing Card theme group

Redside/Blueside: Blue

Recruitment Message: We are just a themed group wanting to make new friends and team together.  Pick a card and make a toon.  No restrictions other than colors.  Please stick to the red and white or black and white color scheme.  Face cards can add gold and blue.  Look for Ace of Spades, 2 of Diamonds, or 7 of Clubs in game or send me a message for more info.

Hello,

I am interested in finding someone who would like to co-lead this group with me.  So far I have just been making toons on my own.  I had recruited a few but so far those recruited are not regular players.  Would like someone who can help grow the group.  Please let me know if you are interested.

• 1 month later

Group Name: Night Hall

Alignment: Hero/Vigilante/Rogue (some restricitions may apply)

Roleplay: Heavy

Discord:  (none yet)

Recruitment Officer: @Zephyr Star, or character Lady Domino, @Rastille or character Rustbane

Recruitment Message: Welcome to the mysterious Night Hall, a haven for mutants that need a home, or a place to feel safe from the world where they may be treated poorly. Located in a pocket dimension, mutants and their friends can feel free to enter the house unencumbered. 

((Hello! Lady Domino here. I am looking to start a mutant-centric RP group! I would love to have an intimate collection of roleplayers interested in grouping for missions, task/strike forces and events, and hopefully start storylines within the group! While the main idea is mutant RP, I wouldn't turn any character's origin away within reason. I hope to garner some interest to get this off the ground! I will be posting random recruitment ads in game! Send me a DM here or in-game for more info.))

Edited by Zephyr Star

• 2 months later

Group Name: Pastfinder’s Shop of Magic ( PSoM )
Alignment: Brrrrrrrrrr… ( Wheel of Fortune -soundeffect ) it really depends: PSoM try not to break the law, but if and when they do, they avoid getting caught. And when they do get caught anyway, they Marin themselves out of trouble. Ok, if not total villains by intention, they are moral-fluid people.
Roleplay: RP heavy.
Discord:  ( must pass discord interview to join discord )
Recruitment Officer: @iynx ingame, iynx#5276 discord
Recruitment Message:              

Pastfinder's Shop of Magic -the FIRST magic shop in Paragon City run by Kamala Haaska,  a woman of extremely diverse heritage and social justice- is seeking to rearrange their personnel by parting ways with every current employee and hiring new inclusive staff by intersectional hiring principles. If you are of an oppressed minority, and know something about magic, look up at this… actually don't. Kamala, you are going to kick me out just because you found out about a new fashionable trend and want to gain more public appreciation? After all these years I put my hide in the line to save you from scandals you got yourself into because of your own arrogance and stupidity? All these years I served you loyally and put up with your unbearable attitude, and now you get rid of me because of physical characteristics I was born with and which I cannot change. Knowing that you are too lazy and dumb to read this before it goes to print, let this be my last FU to you before you fire me and get someone else to replace me. -your future former employee, Michael.

OOC: PSoM is seeking active, RP-heavy players with a sense of humor. The shtick is to make money: get stuff to sell, get customers, make good customer relationships and sell stuff and services making profit, Discord-server is used to keep up with purchases and sales. Task/Strike Forces or normal missioning is not the thing PSoM does; they rather poke into ongoing plots and take every opportunity to make money and gain power. Think of Pawn Stars mixed with What We Do In The Shadows dictatored by a magic-savvy undead cross-breed of Gordon Ramsay and Sanna Marin.

Pastfinder's shop of Magic is located in King's Row, Paragon City.

Screengrab1.thumb.png.acecce463745dbc94b08d324e015af9c.png

Onh-wardshh, my loyal mee-nions!