January 2020 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hey everyone!

I hope you all have enjoyed the winter event so far! If you still need any badges then make sure you get them before next Tuesday (the 31st) as this is when the event will be ending.

Our legal fees this month are quite small and we do not have any additional expenses in January, so this month’s donation target will be more in line with where we were before. We have added a Google Voice line to our G-Suite account to have as our dedicated / registered phone number - this will be an additional $10 per month going forward.

December 2019

Last month we accepted $9203.16 in donations - $46.43 over our target for the month. The new Google Voice line cost us $7.24 through to January 1st but will be $10/mo going forward. Additionally, the two 1&1 IONOS charges that got cancelled in November charged us early in December, increasing our bill with them for December by $20.

Here is the breakdown of what the December funds went towards:

• $4,820.39 to OVH for our hosting
  • $3,607.05 to our lawyers for their services rendered from Sept. 30th to Nov. 8th
  • $96.00 for our Google G-Suite Business account
  • $75.00 to renew our Invision Community license
  • $50.00 for our 1&1 IONOS domain & outbound email services
    • This includes the two domain fees that got moved back from November
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira Cloud instance (10-user)
  • $8.34 for security / administration software
  • $7.24 for our Google Voice line through January 1st

January 2020

We received an invoice from our lawyers for their services rendered in November totalling $148.20; this will be paid in early January. We do not have any additional expenses in January and we have $20.70 overrun from December which will be applied towards the donation target for this month.

In total, the donation target for January 2020 is $5,102.69. Here is a breakdown of how the funds are allocated:

• $4,820.39 to OVH for our hosting
  • $148.20 to our lawyers for their services rendered since Nov. 9th
  • $106.00 for our Google G-Suite Business account
    • This includes the new $10/mo cost for the Voice line
  • $30.00 to 1&1 IONOS for domain services & outgoing email
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira Cloud instance (10-user)
  • $8.80 for the security / administration software

We have met our donation goal for January. Thank you for your support!

Our donation system will be open as of the time of this post with a donation target of $5,102.69 and will automatically close once that target is met.

The past 8 months has been incredible and we’re really excited to see what 2020 has in store. We hope everyone enjoyed the Holidays and has a great New Years; just remember to stay safe!

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Widower pinned and featured this topic

To the Homecoming Team,

I sincerely appreciate everything you've done to bring us Home. Everytime I hear about the donation window, I'm ready to donate my hard earned money, but it's always closed. To reach your monthly donation target, in a matter of MINUTES, EVERY MONTH, speaks volumes of the community and the love for this game. 

Again, thank you and /em salute. I'll continue to be Home and waiting my chance to finally contribute to the cause!

• Like 2

I was able to throw in a few duckets.  I am overjoyed every month when I see the donation goals met so quickly.  Proof positive that this community wants to see this game live on, and continue to prosper. 

Edited by Abraxus

What was no more, is REBORN!

Doh, i missed it this month..... 😣

I blame the holidays, as when i got back home, the donation window was closed...

Either way, a big thanks to our Homecoming team , and to all who contributed tonight! Hopefully i'll beat you to it next month!

Happy Holidays! 😆

• 2 weeks later

Found out just last night that this game is back,  I played this game from beta till it closed down.  I am very happy to see all the nice people who also loved the community and the game on here again.  I am right now downloading the game, and going to try my best to relearn some of the game lol, some of the little things are blurring in my memories.  I will also do my part and donate to keep this game alive and well.  Thanks for taking the time and effort to get this back up for us all.  Is there other ways to donate other than paypale? if so could someone list them?  thanks.

Edited by bbray

42 minutes ago, bbray said:

Found out just last night that this game is back,  I played this game from beta till it closed down.  I am very happy to see all the nice people who also loved the community and the game on here again.  I am right now downloading the game, and going to try my best to relearn some of the game lol, some of the little things are blurring in my memories.  I will also do my part and donate to keep this game alive and well.  Thanks for taking the time and effort to get this back up for us all.  Is there other ways to donate other than paypale? if so could someone list them?  thanks.

Paypal is the only way at the moment as far as  I know.  Homecoming is currently being run on a cost-only basis, so the donations are only usually open for a few hours until they meet the goal for the upcoming month.  Basically, you need to be around at the right time to catch them opening donations to get a chance to chip in.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Hi,

SubscribeStar takes Paypal and other methods of payments as I use this to support my content creators on YouTube.  This is worthy of a monthly donation. By doing so would support this game and the personnel that help keep it alive. I would like the ability to provide support in whichever way I can.   https://www.subscribestar.com/subscribestar

Regards

Nimbus Arena

2 hours ago, bbray said:

Welcome home! 

The donation window typically opens in the morning hours (depending on time zone) of the last Saturday of each month.  The announcement is typically made on their Discord, and this forum.  So, on the 25th of January, just watch those sources for the opening of the window, and jump in!

As for re-learning the game, you'll be not only surprised by how much you remember, but by how many of the subtleties you have forgotten.  But, there are guides in this forum, and Paragon Wiki is still out there for the rest (a link for it is right at the very top of this forum page).  Plus, if you have a question, feel free to ask here, or in Discord, or both.  Personally, I found it a nostalgic, and serendipitous to just jump in, re-create some of my mains from live, and do some missions, and street sweeping.  I remembered a bunch of things just doing that, but Paragon Wiki, and asking questions helped fill in the blanks.  It was a labor of love to re-learn this game, and get my first character to L50, and all of the Incarnate powers.  It continues to be that way, and is currently the only game I play, or have any interest in playing.

What was no more, is REBORN!

• Cipher unpinned and unfeatured this topic