Hybrid: Assault

Lockpick

59 minutes ago, Dimenz said:

It kind of depends on what you want. As a blaster you might want the Radical pets for the healing. Of course you can eventually have the option for both and can switch as needed.

You're thinking Lore. Hybrid Assault is the +dam vs doublehit, and I think the consensus was the +dam is better most of the time, the doublehit is nice for ATs with lower modifiers or who are going to run into the damage cap (Kinetics, Warshades, VEATs) since it will bypass the cap for them.

I go doublehit on every alt, simply because it's an unique source of damage.

+DAM you can get through build, buffs, insps, amplifiers... and the Hybrid +DAM requires you to keep those stacks up for full effect.

Doublehit is like an extra ~2 damage procs for free, no matter what.

2 hours ago, nihilii said:

I go doublehit on every alt, simply because it's an unique source of damage.

+DAM you can get through build, buffs, insps, amplifiers... and the Hybrid +DAM requires you to keep those stacks up for full effect.

Doublehit is like an extra ~2 damage procs for free, no matter what.

Agreed. I also think we collectively tend to overestimate how frequently we will be attacking. Yes if you are non-stop attacking a single stationary target as a blaster/scrapper/etc you will do a bit more damage using the +dam option. But in more realistic gameplay I have found the doublehit usually wins out due to mobility, the value of burst damage, having to use other non-attack powers, and so on. It also has the added benefits of diversifying your damage type(s) and being able to exceed the damage cap.

• Like 2

If you’re still earning Emp merits after this next one, why not eventually make both and see.

Alternatively, head over to Pineapple and try out both (it’s free). That will definitely give you the answers that you seek.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Double hit if you're at or near your ATs damage cap. +damage if not regardless of the AT IMO.

A blaster at damage cap is still at damage cap. The only way to do more damage is by ignoring cap with double hit, procs etc. +damage goes into cap #s while double hit does not. A kin can put most ATs at or near cap if my memory is correct. If you run solo (mostly) and aren't at cap then +damage most likely.

Maximum Damage:

Brute 775%

Blaster, Corruptor,
Scrapper, Stalker 210% at level 1 – 500% at level 21+

all others 200% at level 1 – 400% at level 21+

Source - limits

Notes:

1. Attacks do 100% damage to start with (i.e. base, or 1x normal), not 0%. The amount of Damage bonus needed to reach the cap is 100 less than the cap itself.
  3. These maximums apply only to effects that increase the amount of damage an attack delivers. Reductions to an enemy's Resistances can cause that enemy to suffer damage beyond these maximums. So can effects that cause attacks to deliver damage more than once, such as Containment, Scourge, and Critical Hit.

A Blaster for instance has an actual cap of 400% not 500% since attacks "do 100% damage to start with".

I use combat attributes to monitor my +damage percentage. 

Edited by TechPappee
Added 'notes'
  • Thanks 1

I fell into the following rule:

Dam modifier > 1 use core.

Dam modifier < 1 use radial.

Reading here makes me question the validity of this rule but really at that level it really only matters when you're trying to get that last couple seconds knocked off your pylon times.

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I fell into the following rule:

Dam modifier > 1 use core.

Dam modifier < 1 use radial.

Reading here makes me question the validity of this rule but really at that level it really only matters when you're trying to get that last couple seconds knocked off your pylon times.

My tests with blasters also fit this rule and I use Core.

Furthermore, if there is a Kin on my team using fulcrum shift well, who cares if I have assault core or radial?  Whatever I'm shooting is dying either way.  But when I'm solo or not buffed fighting an AV or GM, I do want to maximize my damage, in which case, core is the better option.

Also note, that the damage from radial is not a "double hit."  It's just a damage proc for a fixed amount of damage.  

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

6 minutes ago, siolfir said:

Right, but it's called Doublehit in the description, thus my use of the term.

image.png.ac7e50b11671a88f02fe1a9c51018371.png

I'm not saying you called it the wrong thing.  I'm telling everyone who doesn't know it's a proc that it's not a double hit.

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow