Power Wormhole

VV

10 minutes ago, VV said:

So, if you have a Grav/EA Dom and you pop Power Up, will it increase the magnitude of the Teleport on Wormhole? 

No.

Power Boost for Dominators

Self:

• +98.34% Str(Stunned) for 15s
  • +98.34% Str(Sleep, Confused, Terrorized, Immobilized, Held) for 15s
  • +98.34% Str(SpeedRunning, SpeedFlying, Heal, Absorb, ToHit, Endurance) for 15s
  • +98.34% Str(All Defense) for 15s

Notice the lack of a booster for Teleport MAG.

In fact, according to my recollection, there is NOTHING in the game that will boost Teleport MAG above what is specified in individual powers.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I agree that teleport mag resistance needs to be reworked or a means to boost the mag of a tp for/wormhole. Especially in PvP where players will slot tp protection.

It would be great to pop a power up, or maybe some kind of tp critical chance to teleport up to an AV. It would allow for more usage overall.

On 12/30/2019 at 4:02 AM, oedipus_tex said:

The mag in Wormhole needs to be fixed, or, perhaps, boss resistance to Teleport lowered. The fact that you cant TP +4 bosses with Wormhole seems like a miscalculation.

You need to be fixed. Wormhole is working as intended. 

On 12/31/2019 at 6:49 AM, mbre2006 said:

You need to be fixed. Wormhole is working as intended. 

If you had any idea how many years I have heard "Wormhole is working as intended..." And here we are with its current, much better implementation.🙂

There is no particular reason the power shouldn't teleport +4 bosses. I doubt if the original devs even thought about that aspect of the power. When Gravity was updated late in the game's life, there certainly wasn't a "I'm setting the Teleport Mag to this value for a specific reason" conversation. The value was just kept as-was, and as we know from the history of Gravity Control, as-was was cobbled together without much attention to animation time, practicality, or the scenarios found in game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

honestly, wormhole is the reason i love gravity so much, but it is extremely frustrating when only half the group gets ported, i feel like it needs a slight accuracy buff.  it misses quite often while leveling and even when I/o'd out it suffers from misses, perhaps i need to grab tactics on all gravity toons i make.  or at least buff the animation a bit so when i am using it i dont have to charge in first all the time so the animation finishes before all the dudes are dead.

Edited by Chrome

hmm my proposal for wormhole is for the teleport foe to be auto hit and the stun to roll a tohit.

I love the power so much, it is among the most powerful feeling choices in this game. However, when it leaves 2-4 enemies behind that isnt optimal. 

also should be able to port anything including AVs when the triangles are down up to +4

12 hours ago, VV said:

That's weird, I don't noticing it missing all that much. I mean, I figure the 5% is gonna get you no matter what. But it seems to pull solid more often than not.

I also haven't had a problem with it's accuracy, but I take maneuvers and tactics on almost all my toons. The TP mag though, why on Earth can I not TP +4 bosses? I can stun them, hold them, confuse them, fear them, immobilize them, but not TP them? It makes no sense. I like to slot wormhole with a kb to kd IO too, that way the mobs just fall straight down in a nice little pile for AOEs.