Hide "First Appearance" date in description

3 minutes ago, boggo2300 said:

I honestly never notice it, if it comes up when I do an info, I just close the window since the toon in question has no bio

It certainly doesn't even have the minuscule usefulness it had on live here, since every character is created in "Issue 25" and the only real variable is the date

Still some like it, and it would be churlish to take it from them, when it could just be hidden

Its so dumb that I wait to make characters until certain dates so I can have a date with some kind of style to it. 

Which inevitably get ruined because it uses GMT or something.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Haijinx said:

Its so dumb that I wait to make characters until certain dates so I can have a date with some kind of style to it. 

Which inevitably get ruined because it uses GMT or something.  

it does use GMT doesn't it? the servers run on it so I'd assume so 😄

My sanity just asked me why we are having this discussion,  I had no answer

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

54 minutes ago, Burnt Toast said:

I like knowing when I created a toon...interesting to see how long it takes me to get them to 50. and other milestones. 

A character timeline of milestones would be kinda awesome actually

• Like 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

My complaint about it has to do with how it affects the tabs when viewing character information.

I used to be able to see if there was a description, and if there wasn't one, it would go to powers. I liked that - if you took the time to write something, I got to see what you wrote, but if you didn't then I could see what I was probably looking for in the first place (your powersets, so I could adjust my teaming expectations).

I'd be fine with it if it was at the bottom of the Powers tab, and the initial tab opened used the same selection process that I described earlier; I'd overlook it like I tend to skim set bonuses just to notice if they're present or not (wall of text set bonuses mean I'm fine if the team splits and everybody does their own thing; no set bonuses means I'm going to suggest everybody stay together).

Yeah it actually bugs me that I'm going to invest a ton of time in a character and have some random shitty date attached to him in his description so I'm actually tempted to wait for a somewhat significant date to create it... it's really dumb (and borders on OCD lol) but the option to not display it would put my mind at ease. I didn't even care too much before, but now it's like a dead pixel that I can't forget about @~@

While not anywhere near a "must do now", I'd love to see this go away as it's inaccurate for those who aren't new (well, in our minds since we started ages ago).

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

18 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

A character timeline of milestones would be kinda awesome actually

I super like this. It could be almost like what you see on those wikipedia articles for “key dates” in comic book characters’ timelines.

i could definitely see like an alternate tab that highlights “major events” like: “Defeated Veles and crushed a Skulls-run superadyne den in Kings Row,” or “Defeated Frostfire,” or various badge-earning events (“Went on the warpath against the skulls and arrested them in record number” for earning a badge for defeating X number of foes) It would be really neat to look back and see all the ways in which your character has grown and gained notice since starting out.

• Thanks 1

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

8 minutes ago, VileTerror said:

Sooooooo . . . permanently record the time and date of each Badge earnt, and have a toggle to switch the Badges tab from "Sort by Category" to "Sort by Date" instead?

sort of, a separate tab is what I was thinking, and with more milestones as well like I dunno when you hit every 10 levels or something, and completing arcs, like @safehouse said, marking when you “Defeated Veles and crushed a Skulls-run superadyne den in Kings Row,” basically when an arc gives you merits, it rates an entry

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

8 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

sort of, a separate tab is what I was thinking, and with more milestones as well like I dunno when you hit every 10 levels or something, and completing arcs, like @safehouse said, marking when you “Defeated Veles and crushed a Skulls-run superadyne den in Kings Row,” basically when an arc gives you merits, it rates an entry

So badges and souvenirs, then.

7 hours ago, siolfir said:

So badges and souvenirs, then.

and more, any other interesting things that happen to your character, and when, badges are badges and I love them, souvenirs are a waste of a tab that I don't think i've ever bothered to look at, bunch of random things without any real info why I should care, heck, I'd be cool with replacing the souvenirs tab with the character history tab, but I'm sure there are people out there who love it, so it's not fair on them to replace it, hence new tab

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

As long as it's optionnal to display all of that I'm fine. If I don't want any date attached to my character it'd be nice to have the option to turn all of them off completely. But it's clearly not a huge priority.

Would it even be possible to make this milestone system retroactive ? I'd settle for just the removal or hiding of the first appearance date personally.

17 minutes ago, Cervantes88 said:

As long as it's optionnal to display all of that I'm fine. If I don't want any date attached to my character it'd be nice to have the option to turn all of them off completely. But it's clearly not a huge priority.

Would it even be possible to make this milestone system retroactive ? I'd settle for just the removal or hiding of the first appearance date personally.

it should be the game is basically a collection of spreadsheets and databases so most things have a timestamp on them

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

There was an idea in the past that Souvenirs could unlock clickable items in your Base.  The 3D assets would be available regardless, but if you completed the Story Arc, then you could place a version of that 3D asset which other players could click on and read the Souvenir Text with your character's name in it.