Super Reflexes?

Nemeroff

I got a sj/sr stalker to 50.  Don't recall it being all that hard, but I mostly grouped and rarely soloed.  It is the hardest of my 50s to get back into after time away, but I don't think that has anything to do with super reflexes.  I scratch my head deciding which toggles to have on or off.

Course I'm a blaster masquerading as a stalker.  Hit it, hit it again, keep hitting it until it stops, then hit it again to make sure. 

• Haha 1

Having played an SR character from live, the big thing with SR is that his has a lot of positional defense and... Actually, that's honestly it. Even other issue 0 sets offer more in terms of survivability options like Invul, dark armor, stone armor and ice armor offering resistance, defenses, AND a self-heal. Fiery armor offered more offensive options along with resistences and a a self-heal and a self-res. And having branched out from SR to /nin, willpower, shield defense, rad armor, and bio armor, I can tell you SR does what it does well. It's defenses don't fold like a paper tiger when looked at funny by anything with -Def, it has +perception and -perception resistance which, ho boy, lemme tell you: try tanking when you can't see anything to taunt, and it has confusion protection (my bioarmor guy tried to run the Villain Side New Praetorian arcs. Fighting Awakened was a freaking nightmare).

But I do feel SR could be better as a powerset, and especially as a tanking set, because others just... offer more.

2 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

Having played an SR character from live, the big thing with SR is that his has a lot of positional defense and... Actually, that's honestly it. Even other issue 0 sets offer more in terms of survivability options like Invul, dark armor, stone armor and ice armor offering resistance, defenses, AND a self-heal. Fiery armor offered more offensive options along with resistences and a a self-heal and a self-res. And having branched out from SR to /nin, willpower, shield defense, rad armor, and bio armor, I can tell you SR does what it does well. It's defenses don't fold like a paper tiger when looked at funny by anything with -Def, it has +perception and -perception resistance which, ho boy, lemme tell you: try tanking when you can't see anything to taunt, and it has confusion protection (my bioarmor guy tried to run the Villain Side New Praetorian arcs. Fighting Awakened was a freaking nightmare).

But I do feel SR could be better as a powerset, and especially as a tanking set, because others just... offer more.

I'm sorry, but this is erroneous.

Sr has

Debuff resist

Scaling damage resist

Increased movement speed

Increased recharge

Slow resist

It has been shown time and again to be one of the most potent late game scrap, tank and sentinel sets. It also does this with less slotting than others, allowing more flexibility. My SR characters are nigh unkillable 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

I'm sorry, but this is erroneous.

Sr has

Debuff resist

Scaling damage resist

Increased movement speed

Increased recharge

Slow resist

It has been shown time and again to be one of the most potent late game scrap, tank and sentinel sets. It also does this with less slotting than others, allowing more flexibility. My SR characters are nigh unkillable 

The debuff resistance I brought up as one of it's strong points (especially having played /nin), I did neglect to mention most of the other things, and I did say SR does what it does well, but when it doesn't, that scaling damage resist honestly is going to feel more like a joke than some saving grace. When the RNG stops favoring you for a moment, or god forbid if the enemy has a lot of auto-hit attacks (like the Talons of Vengeance have with their damn prophetess) you really really feel SR's limits, and I'd go so far as you say you're going to feel it more than with Shield Defense which has +max HP and actual resistances it can fall back on, it's going to be felt more than Praet Clockwork against a willpower character.

In otherwords: SR's only sin is specializing a bit too much in a game where some of the better performing sets are more well-rounded.

I should also note I'll only argue SR would underperform on tanks because of their built in role, scrappers, brutes, and stalkers aren't married to being unkillable but rather killing other things quickly, a tank doesn't necessarily have that option (at the moment) and with SR, the more you have piled on you, the bigger the chance you're going to start bleeding is. But, it's been ages since I've played my SR scrappers and brute from live, and my only example on this server is an BS/SR scrapper I have on redside. So, maybe things are different even outside of IO set availability. (which, I sincerely stress against focusing on as I believe this game is still balanced around SO builds)

8 hours ago, Redlynne said:

SR Defense is fantastic ... except when it's NOT ...

DE Quartz Emanator drops

Rularuu Eyeballs

Mind Control ...

... you get the idea.

Gorram Ruin Mages in Posi 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Don't forget Cimerorans.  They debuff defense.  If you don't get hit, you're fine.  But as soon as you get hit, you lose some defense and that leads to a cascade failure and, before you know it, you're dead.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Don't forget Cimerorans.  They debuff defense.  If you don't get hit, you're fine.  But as soon as you get hit, you lose some defense and that leads to a cascade failure and, before you know it, you're dead.

SR gets 95% DDR.  It laughs at their puny debuffs.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ironblade said:

The ITF is one of the places you can really see /SR's power

In fact if anyone doesnt get how good /SR can be they should run an ITF with one (apart from the BS auto hit Nictus on Rommy at the end a /SR scrapper could easily tank an ITF)