Spring Event badges are upon us!

Voltor

22 hours ago, Zhym said:

That's odd, because I just did the alignment switch method with my rogue who had already done Scratch's missions.

I just did some more testing on this, using hero/villain alignment changes instead of vigilante/rogue, on a character who had not done any of the missions on either side yet.  And after the first mission (from Ganymede), I got the same result @Aurora_Girl did: when I completed the first mission, the "Return to contact" mission disappeared as soon as I switched back to hero.  But then I did the mission from Scratch, switching alignments as needed, and I did get the badge when I was done.  So:

1. If you complete the Ganymede and Scratch missions solo using Null the Gull, you may not be able to talk to the contact to "complete" the first mini-arc after you're done, but it doesn't matter—you can still get the badge.
  2. When you complete the second set of missions (Scratch, if you've done Ganymede, and vice versa), you will get a chance to close out the mission with your contact after you switch your alignment back (you don't actually have to; you can go on your merry way, but you'll need to switch back to clear out the "Return to contact" mission from using up space).
  3. Once you've gotten the Handsome/Beautiful badge, either Ganymede or Scratch will give you the DJ Zero missions, depending on your alignment at the time, regardless of who you started and ended the two mini-arcs with.
Edited by Zhym

On 2/12/2022 at 6:57 PM, Zhym said:

That's odd, because I just did the alignment switch method with my rogue who had already done Scratch's missions.  Here's what I did:

1. Switched to Vigilante with Null
  2. Got the mission from Ganymede
  3. Ran the first mission, then entered the second mission and defeated a couple of enemies
  4. Left the mission, talked to Null and switched back to Rogue
  5. Re-entered the mission and completed it.  <-- At this point, I got the Handsome badge
  6. Switched back to Vigilante
  7. Talked to Ganymede, completed the mission.

The only reason I even had to switch back to blueside and talk to Ganymede at that point was to clear the mission from my list (and get referred to the DJ Zero missions).  

I just tried it and it didn't work. I didn't get the badge, but I did get DJ zero.

I started as a vigilante and got the second mission from Ganymede. I went into the mission progressed to the objective. Left, went to null and changed to a villain. Back in the mission, the objective exploded on it's own. I exited the mission with the exit button. Switched back to Vigilante. Talked to Ganymede and all he did was give me DJ Zero as a contact. 
Or am I confused and you need to do missions on both sides to get the badge? 

Edited by Chuckers
clarification

9 hours ago, Chuckers said:

Thanks.. it's been so long for me since I did these missions! And it's probably posted in the patch notes and I missed it...

It had been a while for me, too. I use Homecoming Badger to track badges. The site lets you "register" multiple characters if your one of our more eccentric folks that want all the badges on all your characters. The data is stored on your own computer. I just used the search function to select Events and went to page two. It is only my opinion, but if you choose to get serious about badge collecting - this site, in conjunction with the PopMenu from @AboveTheChemist found here are two invaluable tools. 

They are both free to use, aside from the time invested to add the badges you already have to your characters on the Badger site, and the time it takes to explore where your game files are to place the popmenu file in the proper place so it works as intended. 

As far as the pop-menu goes, since it is an add-on, done by a player, whenever there are new badges entered into the game, you'll want to re-visit these forums and ATC's link to check if and when he/she does the update. Unfortunately, some of our generous players get distracted by real life and may be unable to continue to do these kinds of things. Until then though, I intend to take advantage of their generosity, and suggest everyone else do the same. 

image.thumb.png.c34e4bb6702d50712ec561c382365d17.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 11 months later
On 2/7/2023 at 1:24 PM, Voltor said:

Just zoned in and received the messages from the Valentine/Spring event contacts in Pocket D. 

Nice! Just saw the announcement on HC Discord channel.... can't wait to finish my work and log in tonight! I am putting this here because by the end of the event I always forget the date it turns off. February 28th.

image.png.ae217caab5988d1454a466295bcb2558.png

• Like 1

Spring Fling Event            
Partygoer Snaptooth mission from DJ Zero            
Heart of Darkness/Light Snaptooth mission from DJ Zero            
Beautiful Ganymade/Scratch missions            
Match Maker Deliver 7 valentines (from tips)            
Missed Connection Misdeliver 7 valentines (from tips)            
Widow Maker Jessica Megan Duncan/Arbiter Hawk arc 35          
Toothbreaker Defeat Snaptooth 5 times            

Here is my excerpt from my spreadsheet for this event. You can paste it (somewhere) to keep track of your 2023 event characters. 😄 

Also a reminder: The Valentine Tip missions are solo only, team members have never gotten badge credit.  Also they are Talk missions so Mission transport and Team Transport won't work

But an SG base with teleporters helps nicely for the ones that take you to Praetoria.   For others use the LFG teleport method.

Example: you need to deliver one to Swan.   She is next to Manticore, so open the LFG tab, select the Manticore TF and lock the team and click the green button.

Also be Vigilante or Rogue so that you can deliver Valentines to blue or redside contacts. 

• Like 2

25 alts with all the badges!

7 hours ago, Voltor said:

Also contacts for Widow maker badge mission should be available at L30+

Currently using Red Widow as a -1 punching badge to finish off my Cataclysmic badge since we can't kill her.

Though I suppose a faster way would be power level a char on my second account up to level 30, grab the mission to the end, then power them up to 50.

Then do the mission at level 50 so that more damage done per hit.  (At this point, I'm close enough to finish to just let my char finish up than take time to PL)

• Like 2

Widow Maker is for the mission owner only.

IF you get a Valentine Delivery that is for Ms. Liberty,  you have to go to Atlas you cannot use the version in Pocket D.

Noticed some dialogue change so that now you are given some vials of blood for the revival process for Red Widow.  The Conduit states that this is so no one uses their own blood which for years on live and I think for the first year of HC, the dialogue of the mission stated you had to use your blood. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/10/2023 at 10:40 AM, lemming said:

Currently using Red Widow as a -1 punching badge to finish off my Cataclysmic badge since we can't kill her.

Though I suppose a faster way would be power level a char on my second account up to level 30, grab the mission to the end, then power them up to 50.

Then do the mission at level 50 so that more damage done per hit.  (At this point, I'm close enough to finish to just let my char finish up than take time to PL)

And it worked pretty well.   I did PL a char to 30, grabbed the mission, then finished up to 50 for testing purposes.   Now if I was chasing the badge with another char, this probably would be a little quicker at a little over 1m per hour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lemming said:

And it worked pretty well.   I did PL a char to 30, grabbed the mission, then finished up to 50 for testing purposes.   Now if I was chasing the badge with another char, this probably would be a little quicker at a little over 1m per hour.

I like it, but the only problem I foresee is that once the event is over, you likely wont' retain the mission.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lemming said:

There is a low level mission from Officer Fields (given by Matthew Habashy) called "Stop the Vahzilok plot against the Promenade". The end boss Joseph Botte takes no damage until you destroy the Life Machine near him. Create an alt on a secondary account, lock XP, set difficulty to -1 and he should be level 1. Team with your badger, have only the badger enter the mish, drop from the team and wail on him (he will run around a lot so either keep him locked down or on follow). Just don't use any AoEs cause you don't want to accidentally blow up the machine.

Express Praetorian Valentine Delivery:

IF you get a Valentine that needs to be delivered to someone in Praetoria, you cannot LFG to them. However you could use your base teleporter to jump to the zone and travel to them. Or you can use the "Temporal Express" service known as Ouroborus.  Simply choose the right story arc,  warp to the contact, then quit the arc and then you can deliver the Valentine.

Praetor Duncan:  Arc 18.01 in the L10-14 range,  warp to Marauder, quit the arc, she is nearby

Praetor Sinclair:  Arc 18.25 in the L15-19 range

Nightstar: no story arc with her as the contact,  suggest Arc 18.25 then warp to Praetor Sinclair and quit the arc and travel to Night star.

IVY:  Arc 18.37 in the L20-24 range

Antimatter:  Arc 18.39 in the L20-24 range

Bobcat:  Arc 18.42 in the L20-24 range, or if you are already in Pocket D, use the portal there to warp straight to the Praetorian version of Pocket D and she is near your arrival point.

Neuron:  Arc 18.43 in the L20-24 range

Belladonna: Arc 18.45 in the L20-24 range.  Warp to the contact, quit the arc, she is in the room

Vanessa DeVore: Arc 21.22 in the L25-29 range

"Mother", Siege and Metronome should all be ones where you need to take a transport to them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Protip:   for the red side part of Spring Event, mission 1 could be used to farm the badge for defeating mages of the Circle of Thorns,  also while farming this mission your toon should easily obtain Valentine Tip missions.  As soon  as you get 3 tip missions, stop the farm and run the tip missions, then return to the farm and get more badge progress for CoT and more Valentine tips.  

Mission 2: whether it is the red or the blue version you are in a map loaded with Arachnos toops that can count towards the 200 needed for Spider Smasher badge.   Keep clearing level 1 and 2 of the map, gain 3 Valentine tips then pause the spider farm and run the tips.  Return to the mission and resume the farming and keep getting Valentine tips and progress on Spider Smasher badge.   You should rather quickly get the two Valentine delivery badges rather quickly as well as Spider Smasher badge.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 3:18 PM, Zhym said:

I just did some more testing on this, using hero/villain alignment changes instead of vigilante/rogue, on a character who had not done any of the missions on either side yet.  And after the first mission (from Ganymede), I got the same result @Aurora_Girl did: when I completed the first mission, the "Return to contact" mission disappeared as soon as I switched back to hero.  But then I did the mission from Scratch, switching alignments as needed, and I did get the badge when I was done.  So:

1. If you complete the Ganymede and Scratch missions solo using Null the Gull, you may not be able to talk to the contact to "complete" the first mini-arc after you're done, but it doesn't matter—you can still get the badge.
  2. When you complete the second set of missions (Scratch, if you've done Ganymede, and vice versa), you will get a chance to close out the mission with your contact after you switch your alignment back (you don't actually have to; you can go on your merry way, but you'll need to switch back to clear out the "Return to contact" mission from using up space).
  3. Once you've gotten the Handsome/Beautiful badge, either Ganymede or Scratch will give you the DJ Zero missions, depending on your alignment at the time, regardless of who you started and ended the two mini-arcs with.

I want to add my confirmation: I started Ganymede, in his final mission I used Null the Gull to become a Rogue and completed the mission. I then started Scratch, and on his final mission turned Vigilante to complete the mission. I believe this is when I got the badge. I always entered that final Arachnos mission and defeated at least one enemy before switching, I don't know if this makes a difference. I wanted the map to be instanced before I switched.

I then went to Ganymede to get the intro to DJ Zero, but I still had the Scratch arc in my mission list, so I changed to rogue to clear it out (otherwise he won't talk to a blue-sider). I then switched back to blue side (vig) but that was not necessary.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/14/2023 at 8:29 AM, Voltor said:

Noticed some dialogue change so that now you are given some vials of blood for the revival process for Red Widow.  The Conduit states that this is so no one uses their own blood which for years on live and I think for the first year of HC, the dialogue of the mission stated you had to use your blood. 

It was something about where some people could get triggered by the old text of "cutting yourself" to get the blood.  🙄
Though I forgot where I read that or who told me. I think this is the first year of the new text, so I'd say for the first 4 years of HC.

• Thanks 1

Spring Event is over,  you can no longer get the Handsome/Beautiful badge or the Widow Maker badge.

But you can still contact DJ Zero if you unlocked him as a contact.   You can contact him a total of 10 times throughout the year once unlocked, this has been this way since live.  So you can still get Snaptooth kills, and the reward table should still have Party Goer and Heart of Light badges and should still get Valentine tips

• Like 1