Spring Event badges are upon us!

Voltor

So as of today, Feb 1 the Spring Event is running.  use the Paragon Wiki link below to read up on it in case you have forgotten it.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Valentine's_Day_Event_2012

A few details to note:

1.  You cannot auto complete the Scratch/Ganymede missions.  You must actually play both parts of them. 

2. The Valentine delivery missions are talk missions so don't bother with mission transporter.

3. Level One alts do not seem to be able to start the mission to revive Red Widow.

4. The Valentine costume pieces are already in the tailor, so you only need the Snaptooth mission for the badges.

5. Valentine tips drop randomly from any target at any level. So if you are level 50 and want to street sweep in Perez Park, you can still get the tips

Edited by Voltor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

25 alts with all the badges!

One further note about the Scratch/Ganymede missions. If you pre-clear the second mission before inviting someone of the opposite alignment to help with the click at the end, they won't get credit for the mission and won't get the badge (assuming they don't already have it). So you might want to check with them first to see if they need the badge and be willing to reset the mission, if you pre-cleared it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

Scratch/Ganymeded can be solo'd, you just have to have the mission as the active task, and then talk to Null the Gull to change your alignment. I also entered then exited the mission first, just to be safe.

How does this work exactly? 

Do you get the mission as a hero, set it as active, enter / exit mission, change alignment to villain, enter and finish mission? 

Or do you need to clear part of the mission as a hero and part as a villain?

56 minutes ago, Lockpick said:

How does this work exactly? 

Do you get the mission as a hero, set it as active, enter / exit mission, change alignment to villain, enter and finish mission? 

Or do you need to clear part of the mission as a hero and part as a villain?

Ganymede contact: start as a hero. Run the mission as a hero. Once you cannot proceed without a villain, if you are solo, you may then exit the mission and switch alignment at Null the Gull. Re-enter the mission and complete the villain objective. Then revisit Null the Gull to return to hero alignment before speaking with Ganymede again. 

Scratch: same but not the same. Start as a villain until the hero objective, switch to hero, and return to villain standing prior to speaking with the contact again.

Edited by Spider
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Common question regarding number of badges:

• Four valentines badges are only available now during the February event
    • Beautiful (female body type) / Handsome (male body type)
    • Partygoer  
    • Heart of Light (heroes) / Heart of Darkness (villains)
    • Widow Maker
  • Two valentines badges are available year round (see "Valentines Delivery Badges" thread) 
    • Match Maker
    • Missed Connection
  • One valentines badge is just a second chance at Snaptooth. He was previously available during the Winter Event.
    • Toothbreaker
  • One valentines badge is a gladiator unlock (for Snaptooth badge). 
    • Red Cap

Common question for contacts regarded how to unlock DJ Zero:

• Ganymede was immediately available to heroes. Scratch for villains. Both contacts' arcs must be completed.
  • Once I finished them, they directed me to DJ Zero.
  • DJ Zero led me to villainside contact Arbiter Hawk (Pocket D, red side). His hero equivalent is: Jessica Megan Duncan (Pocket D, blue side).

Advice given to me for Red WIdow mission:

Spoiler

Save 2 lives... get 3 obols. 

Ritual choices:

• Start with the obols
  • Place one obol in the circle
  • Let's start improvising
  • Cut yourself and bleed into the circle
  • Place the amber widow into the circle
  • Place 2 more obols
  • Uncork the bottle containing the dying breath.

Edited by Spider
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Yes I have noticed no major changes from when the game was live

Technically, since the snaptooth badge appears to be grouped with the spring badges that the winter event is the second chance for snaptooth, but no biggie.

The only major change comes from Nul the Gull instant alignment changes so that players can solo ganymede and scratch arcs and not seek a player of opposite alignment to complete. back in the day you had to do the alignment/morality mission and with the cool down time before shifting again back then, you had to team with another person to finish these arcs

Also I have observed that the widow Maker badge only awards to the mission holder, anyone else on the team that does not have the mission also will not get it.

As to the Valentine's delivery badges being year round, I wouldn't take that for granted and recommend every work those badges now while the Valentine tips are easily obtained, rather then the redside glitch

Minor note: I had an alt of mine PL'd  from 25 to 30 to obtain the Valentine mission from Ms Liberty, turns out you can get the mission from her if you have dinged Level 30 but not yet trained to 30.   However the mission is still level 30 so yes, training to 30 is still recommended.

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2020 at 8:06 AM, Spider said:

• Two valentines badges are available year round (see "Valentines Delivery Badges" thread) 
    • Match Maker
    • Missed Connection

Valentines Delivery Badges thread is here:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/11537-valentines-delivery-badges/

On 2/2/2020 at 8:06 AM, Spider said:

• One valentines badge is just a second chance at Snaptooth. He was previously available during the Winter Event.
    • Toothbreaker

Toothbreaker is FAR easier to obtain during the Spring Event:

Spoiler

1) Enter the mission and find the mission objective.

2) Wait for Snaptooth and minions to come to you.

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

Spring event as a whole is the easiest of the holiday events.

I would say winter is the next toughest due to the Lord Winter league part of it, and th monotony of getting 200 presents for toy collector.

Summer event is harder then both winter and spring due to the foes you face in the collisieum and that you are level capped at mid level.

The hardest event imo, is Halloween.  One zombie invasion should get you those four badges, finding jqck and eochai is fairly easy though jack appears to still be the rare spawn,  trick or treat can be challenging for low level characters, plus the grind of getting the three costume badges, the Halloween tip mission needs to be done multiple times but can be ghosted.   The main thing is the banner event. With enough people you could get all badges in one event but willlikely have to wait for a couple of the events to get them. Then there is Dr Kane's mansion.

Halloween has the most badges of the events as I recall.

• Like 1

• 11 months later

On 2/14/2020 at 3:06 PM, Display Name said:

Valentines Delivery Badges thread is here:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/11537-valentines-delivery-badges/

Toothbreaker is FAR easier to obtain during the Spring Event:

Reveal hidden contents

1) Enter the mission and find the mission objective.

2) Wait for Snaptooth and minions to come to you.

I'm trying to get the Toothbreaker Badge in this years Spring/Valentine Event but DJ Zero has nothing to say to me...

5 hours ago, socom242 said:

I'm trying to get the Toothbreaker Badge in this years Spring/Valentine Event but DJ Zero has nothing to say to me...

Did you run the missions to obtain the handsome/beautiful badge?  If not then he wont talk to you.

Also you can only run his snaptooth mission 10 times

• Like 2

I skimmed the thread and didn't see it pointed out, though it's mentioned in the mission text itself.  For those who like playing Praetorians, Scratch and Ganymede are available contacts while you're still in Praetoria.  The missions treat Resistance members as Heros and Loyalists as Villains, so you can recruit the appropriate Praetorian to break the lockbox/cauldron as well.

From what I can tell though, Praetorians can't do the Valentine deliveries or the Red Widow story arc.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

14 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I skimmed the thread and didn't see it pointed out, though it's mentioned in the mission text itself.  For those who like playing Praetorians, Scratch and Ganymede are available contacts while you're still in Praetoria.  The missions treat Resistance members as Heros and Loyalists as Villains, so you can recruit the appropriate Praetorian to break the lockbox/cauldron as well.

From what I can tell though, Praetorians can't do the Valentine deliveries or the Red Widow story arc.

There are a few deliveries that take you to Praetoria (Neutropolis and First Ward), but I can't confirm the tips drop for goldsiders.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• 1 year later
On 2/2/2020 at 7:03 AM, Spider said:

Ganymede contact: start as a hero. Run the mission as a hero. Once you cannot proceed without a villain, if you are solo, you may then exit the mission and switch alignment at Null the Gull. Re-enter the mission and complete the villain objective. Then revisit Null the Gull to return to hero alignment before speaking with Ganymede again. 

Scratch: same but not the same. Start as a villain until the hero objective, switch to hero, and return to villain standing prior to speaking with the contact again.

Sooooooooooooooooo.

Just tried this, and can report it doesn't work: once I completed the mish and got the reward, the mish disappeared from my missions tab after swapping alignment and I couldn't turn it in to Ganymede.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

On 2/4/2021 at 1:48 PM, Glacier Peak said:

There are a few deliveries that take you to Praetoria (Neutropolis and First Ward), but I can't confirm the tips drop for goldsiders.

Vday tips drop, but eventually you'll get ones that say "We don't talk to people from other dimensions" and will not be able to do more.  Can't dismiss.

• Thumbs Up 1

Method to get the Handsome Badge unlocked in a fairly quick manner:

1. Your Main account with badge seeking character logged in

2. Drone/alt account with toon  that does not have Handsome badge already. 

3. Team up the alts,  drone gets the Ganymede mission, badge hunter completes it.  

4. Drone gets next mission, badge hunter enters it and door parks in it while drone speaks to Null and goes Rogue and then enters the mission.  Badge hunter gets the key. Drone speeds to lock box and smashes it.

5. Drone and hunter exit and Drone shifts back to Hero or Vig alignment and speaks to Ganymede then back to Nul to Rogue again.

6. Drone gets mission from Scratch, badge hunter clears it quick as it is just defeat boss+guard.

7. Drone gets next mission, both hunter and drone enter.  Drone door sits, badge hunter gets key and smashes cauldron.

Both get handsome badge and both can talk to DJ Zero for Snaptooth missions.

Fastest time for me to the above: 10 minutes.

DJ Zero can be contacted 10 times as always for the Snaptooth mission, however unless they made a change you can call him anytime of the year as long as you have not reached the limit of 10.  Thus new alts you make through the year could go get heart of light, party goer and V-tips from the snaptooth missions and Toothbreaker badge as well.  This has been this way since event released on live.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/11/2022 at 5:02 PM, Aurora_Girl said:

Just tried this, and can report it doesn't work: once I completed the mish and got the reward, the mish disappeared from my missions tab after swapping alignment and I couldn't turn it in to Ganymede.

That's odd, because I just did the alignment switch method with my rogue who had already done Scratch's missions.  Here's what I did:

1. Switched to Vigilante with Null
  2. Got the mission from Ganymede
  3. Ran the first mission, then entered the second mission and defeated a couple of enemies
  4. Left the mission, talked to Null and switched back to Rogue
  5. Re-entered the mission and completed it.  <-- At this point, I got the Handsome badge
  6. Switched back to Vigilante
  7. Talked to Ganymede, completed the mission.

The only reason I even had to switch back to blueside and talk to Ganymede at that point was to clear the mission from my list (and get referred to the DJ Zero missions).  

Edited by Zhym
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/11/2022 at 11:50 PM, Voltor said:

Method to get the Handsome Badge unlocked in a fairly quick manner:

1. Your Main account with badge seeking character logged in

2. Drone/alt account with toon  that does not have Handsome badge already. 

3. Team up the alts,  drone gets the Ganymede mission, badge hunter completes it.  

4. Drone gets next mission, badge hunter enters it and door parks in it while drone speaks to Null and goes Rogue and then enters the mission.  Badge hunter gets the key. Drone speeds to lock box and smashes it.

5. Drone and hunter exit and Drone shifts back to Hero or Vig alignment and speaks to Ganymede then back to Nul to Rogue again.

6. Drone gets mission from Scratch, badge hunter clears it quick as it is just defeat boss+guard.

7. Drone gets next mission, both hunter and drone enter.  Drone door sits, badge hunter gets key and smashes cauldron.

Both get handsome badge and both can talk to DJ Zero for Snaptooth missions.

Fastest time for me to the above: 10 minutes.

DJ Zero can be contacted 10 times as always for the Snaptooth mission, however unless they made a change you can call him anytime of the year as long as you have not reached the limit of 10.  Thus new alts you make through the year could go get heart of light, party goer and V-tips from the snaptooth missions and Toothbreaker badge as well.  This has been this way since event released on live.

Can confirm DJ Zero gives the 10 Snaptooth missions any time of year as long as he's unlocked and the arc has been started. 

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png