The least resisted common damage type?

DR_Mechano

Ok I'm actually kind of curious, which is the least resisted easily available to players (this rules out toxic and Hamidon special since that is truly the least resisted damage type since nothing in the game has resistances to it) damage type?

My personal bet is either Fire or Negative since there are so few groups that resist that heavily. I know most people think Psi but while Psi resistance isn't common early-mid game it gets very heavily resisted at endgame with things like Robots, Rikti, Carnies, Seers etc. all having massive Psi resistance.

Just try to avoid banished pantheon and dark (negative) is good.  I remember nightmares about being a dark defender and trying to solo banished pantheon missions back during live game.  Especially those death shaman who then summon 2 more that don't even give you any exp.  

4 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Hmm...I honestly thought it would be psy.  Interesting.

The problem with Psi is that when its resisted, it's HEAVILY Resisted. Rikti, Robots, Carnies, Seers and a few others all have Psi in the 80-90% range and you see a lot more Psi resistance one you get into the higher tiers and Incarnate content.

By Contrast Negative is only resisted heavily by like...I think Ghosts and Banished Pantheon with all the others either being weak to it or not resisting it at all.

However the advantage Psi has is that I think it's the least resisted amongst AVs with only the Clockwork King a few others that resist it heavily, most of the non-going Rogue focused stuff has very little resistance to it and makes certain EBs/AVs (like Marauder, Hero 1, Statesman etc.) a cakewalk because they hugely resist everything but Psi when they pop Unstoppable.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DR_Mechano said:

The problem with Psi is that when its resisted, it's HEAVILY Resisted. Rikti, Robots, Carnies, Seers and a few others all have Psi in the 80-90% range and you see a lot more Psi resistance one you get into the higher tiers and Incarnate content.

By Contrast Negative is only resisted heavily by like...I think Ghosts and Banished Pantheon with all the others either being weak to it or not resisting it at all.

However the advantage Psi has is that I think it's the least resisted amongst AVs with only the Clockwork King a few others that resist it heavily, most of the non-going Rogue focused stuff has very little resistance to it and makes certain EBs/AVs (like Marauder, Hero 1, Statesman etc.) a cakewalk because they hugely resist everything but Psi when they pop Unstoppable.

This explains my personal experiences then with my psy toons.  Thank you!

On 2/9/2020 at 9:57 AM, DR_Mechano said:

That's an exaggeration.  The Carnies as a collective enemy type have a 20% resistance to psychic damage.  Malta and Council robots have 60%.  The psychic spider bots are a little less than the typical robot.  The minions in those groups do not resist psi by 80% to 90%.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldskool said:

That's an exaggeration.  The Carnies as a collective enemy type have a 20% resistance to psychic damage.  Malta and Council robots have 60%.  The psychic spider bots are a little less than the typical robot.  The minions in those groups do not resist psi by 80% to 90%.

I didn't even realise Carnies have any. It's really not an issue... 

Malta robots, yeah, I get it, but it's really not the life-or-death thing that people assume. It also bypasses defence against a number of enemies, which is handy. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Yeah, I don't find psi nearly as resisted as people make it out to be. Yes, council and malta robots are very resistant, but even incarnate robots are not as resistant (they are resistant, but not to the degree). When you do fight something which pops unstoppable or MOG, psi is damned handy (though somehow on my last Manticore TF, it seemed that the PP MOG now defended against psi, which isn't right). 

1 hour ago, drbuzzard said:

(though somehow on my last Manticore TF, it seemed that the PP MOG now defended against psi, which isn't right). 

Somewhere on the Crey Industries forums, the Paragon Protectors are rejoicing that they finally got MOG buffed like they'd been asking for for years.

• Haha 4

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

1 minute ago, Grouchybeast said:
1 hour ago, drbuzzard said:

Yeah, I don't find psi nearly as resisted as people make it out to be. Yes, council and malta robots are very resistant, but even incarnate robots are not as resistant (they are resistant, but not to the degree). When you do fight something which pops unstoppable or MOG, psi is damned handy (though somehow on my last Manticore TF, it seemed that the PP MOG now defended against psi, which isn't right). 

Somewhere on the Crey Industries forums, the Paragon Protectors are rejoicing that they finally got MOG buffed like they'd been asking for for years.

It slows down runs, wrecks everyone's fun, turns missions into a slog, it's way outta whack, you miss all your attacks, it's MoG, MoG, MoG!

• Haha 3

On 2/8/2020 at 5:03 PM, siolfir said:

There's a thread somewhere that I'm too lazy to search for that ended up taking all the mob resistances (and vulnerabilities) and generating an average that showed that negative was the least resisted in the game.

Yep.  This was known back on live, also.  That's why I took Void for my Judgement power.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.