Patch Notes for February 25th, 2020 (Issue 26, Page 5 - Build 1)

The Curator

UNIQUE: Chance to Heal Self (2 PPM)

since we are getting this.. can you finally fix the kheldian io self heal..its suppose to work with each attack.. but it doesn't. 

IRON ASCENSION - ALL HUMAN PB

IRON-WIDOW - WIDOW

IRON BLADE - PSI/NINJA BLASTER

IRON RAIN - WATER/MA BLASTER

14 hours ago, 33053222 said:

My only thought that I don't understand is why it is Dark Melee got the immense buff whereas Energy Melee, classically described as the all-time-worst melee set for its extremely long animation times and less-than-stellar AoE was unaffected by this patch. It could be that it will take more time or have to use a different animations, but I am genuinely curious as to why this particular set is not getting the recognition it deserves. 

Because D comes before E in the alphabet.

• Haha 1

On 2/25/2020 at 1:23 PM, Captain Powerhouse said:

Dark melee was first because it was the easiest to adjust as it had powers that could simply be buffed for AoE. Martial Arts and Energy Melee are also due AoE buffs but those are harder since they only have one AoE power and the Stalker versions have nothing, so it will require fancier special mechanics or blurring the cottage rule a bit.

My MA/DA Stalker unicorn will be happy to see any blurs that you come up with.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

On 2/25/2020 at 2:23 PM, Captain Powerhouse said:

Dark melee was first because it was the easiest to adjust as it had powers that could simply be buffed for AoE. Martial Arts and Energy Melee are also due AoE buffs but those are harder since they only have one AoE power and the Stalker versions have nothing, so it will require fancier special mechanics or blurring the cottage rule a bit.

You know "Storm Kick"  was originally just like flurry/maul originally but as was crap was changed to single target, you may have an option there, Im sure the original animation is in the files somewhere.

I like the concept of the new support powerset.  I went to make one on the test server, but keep crashing to desktop while leveling it up at Ms. Liberty.  I also CTD'd leveling up a DM/Shield Brute at Ms. Liberty, so I'll hold off on test for now.

That said, I cannot wait for the changes to DM to go live; DM is one of my favorite sets, but it pains me to see how it (and EM) got left behind.  I don't play stone melee, but that is also another set I rarely ever see.

I also am excited for the RP'ers (I play on Everlasting, but don't really RP), they love the thematic stuff (e.g. origin pool powers, etc).

While I am sure it is brought up elsewhere, are there current or future plans for costume sets/pieces - or even "fixing" of various costume-related issued (e.g. clipping, re-ordering/re-naming categories, etc)?

I didn't get a chance to read the notes on Shock Therapy - WOW! I'm VERY excited to try out this set... depending on how it plays, I might have to switch favorite Defender primaries, as it would be more thematic with my usual /Electric secondary...

• Like 1
I'm out.

On 2/25/2020 at 10:09 AM, Waypoint said:

Interesting. I'll have to find it. It just never seems like even kinetics manages to keep the mob from still attacking. 

I asked that question a while ago and got some really great responses.   Really informative.

• Jimmy changed the title to Patch Notes for February 25th, 2020 (Issue 26, Page 5 - Build 1)
  • Jimmy locked this topic