Revival of a classic, the NEW FOTM. *edited

Camel

I wanted to post this in lieu of the changes coming to Dark Melee. Back on the Live servers, when Shield Defense came out, I immediately made a Dark Melee/Shield Defense Scrapper and have loved it ever since. I knew right away that the powersets combined would be incredible. And they were. Dark Melee had the heal that Shield lacked, and Shield had some AoE that Dark Melee lacked. It was a match made in heaven. Dark Melee also had Soul Drain and Shield had Against All Odds, two incredibly powerful PBAoE +damage buffs that could stack to stupid levels solo. 

Well.... It just got better. And by better.. I mean INSANELY better. I've tweaked my Dark/Shield/Blaze Scrapper's build many times, and with the new changes to the powers and the new IOs, I figured it was time for another makeover. I can confidently say, that as it stands now, this is one of the best, if not THE best Scrapper combos. It has it all. The buff that Dark Consumption received alone would have pushed Dark/Shield to top tier levels anyways, but the hidden gem is the new proc in Power Transfer. Not only did Dark Consumption become a nuke capable of hitting for over 1,400 damage with a critical (after a fully saturated Soul Drain and AAO buff) but the proc more or less turned this power into Reconstruction from the Regeneration powerset. It heals on average for 500+ HP and can heal for upwards of 700 depending on RNG. I predict some balancing will be done, so this may not be as awesome as it is. The build has perma Hasten and barely perma Soul Drain (the buff ends during the animation for Soul Drain) before a Force Feedback proc. Recharge is at 175% with Hasten active. HP is very respectable at 2,129 (with all 3 HP Accolades) and 1,861 without.  But give it a shot! I was going to keep this build all for myself, since Dark/Shield is my all time favorite build... But I wanted to share the love!

Some things to note, Dark Consumption and Fire Ball are not slotted the way you are about to see them slotted. I put those Sets in there to get a general Idea of what the numbers would be for recharge/resists. In Dark Consumption, I put 5 out of 6 from the new IO set, Synapse's Shock except for the IO that only gives End Mod. I slotted all the IOs at +5, the 6th slot was the chance for self heal from Power Transfer (the star of the show) this puts the values for the power at 84.5% Damage, 66% End Mod, 53% Acc and 89.9% recharge as well as an additional 15% movement speed from the "unique" IO from Synapse's Shock (which is actually kind of nice because I am using Sprint + Beast run on this build) Fire Ball has the entire set from the new Targeted AoE IOs, Bombardment. This set is wonderful and very appreciated in this VERY tight build for the added 3.75% ranged defense. Give this build a shot! I ran a +0x8 ITF with it in 44 minutes solo without any practice and it did wonderful! Here's the build! Let me know what you think if you try it out! 

Oh, and since it was on test, I ended up +5ing all my IOs that I didn't use catalysts on. This is only mandatory on the slotting for Dark Consumption IMO, and maybe the slotting for Stamina. 

Edit: As of right now, the changes to Dark Consumption have been scrapped (pun intended). This build will still function at a very high level even with that change. If you haven’t given Dark/Shield/Blaze a try, I would definitely recommend doing so! Before Dark Melee was looked at by the HC team it still did well at everything. Sort of a Jack-Of-All-Trades build with above average numbers in ST damage and durability. 

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Dark Melee
Secondary Power Set: Shield Defense
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Blaze Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(11)
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33)
Level 2: Shadow Maul -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(23)
Level 4: Battle Agility -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(33), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(33), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(34), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), RedFrt-EndRdx(34)
Level 6: True Grit -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(45), Prv-Absorb%(45)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(43), TchoftheN-Heal(43), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(45)
Level 10: Active Defense -- HO:Membr(A)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15), Rct-ResDam%(15)
Level 16: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Dark Consumption -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(19), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(19), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Empty(23)
Level 20: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(31)
Level 28: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Hct-Dam%(39)
Level 35: Shield Charge -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Dam%(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)
Level 38: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(39), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 41: Char -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(46), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(46), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(46), UnbCns-Dam%(50)
Level 44: Melt Armor -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 47: Fire Ball -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(48), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dam%(50), Empty(50)
Level 49: One with the Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(5), Mrc-Rcvry+(5)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(3), PrfShf-End%(3)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
------------

Edited by cazden121

16 minutes ago, Bronana16969 said:

How high were you able to get your max hp with that build? This is has always been a primary aim for me when building any room using Shield Defense. Obviously regen (my second big aim) can now be put on the back foot since +hp procs and siphon life are available.

2,129 with all the +HP Accolades. 1,861 without.

Edited by cazden121

1 minute ago, MunkiLord said:

This is awesome. My big problem now is if I want to respec MunkiLord, my DM/SR, of I want to compltely reroll to DM/SD.

Both are going to be phenomenal after the changes. I have a hunch that Dark Consumption is going to be re-balanced. The numbers I've been seeing have the potential to be too high under the right conditions. But sometimes it also doesn't hit incredibly hard. I've seen damage numbers fluctuate between 400-2,400 depending on the situation. SR is easier to build, and you don't have to compromise for slots to get to soft-cap defense. But /Shield has more potential. I would say both if you have the time/resources. But I know you will not be disappointed with a well built Dark/Shield.

14 hours ago, cazden121 said:

I wanted to post this in lieu of the changes coming to Dark Melee. Back on the Live servers, when Shield Defense came out, I immediately made a Dark Melee/Shield Defense Scrapper and have loved it ever since. I knew right away that the two powersets combined would be incredible. And they were. Dark Melee had the heal that Shield lacked, and Shield had some AoE that Dark Melee lacked. It was a match made in heaven. Dark Melee also had Soul Drain and Shield had Against All Odds, two incredibly powerful PBAoE +damage buffs that could stack to stupid levels solo. 

Well.... It just got better. And by better.. I mean INSANELY better. I've tweaked my Dark/Shield/Blaze Scrapper's build many times, and with the new changes to the powers and the new IOs, I figured it was time for another makeover. I can confidently say, that as it stands now, this is one of the best, if not THE best Scrapper combos. It has it all. The buff that Dark Consumption received alone would have pushed Dark/Shield to top tier levels anyways, but the hidden gem is the new proc in Power Transfer. Not only did Dark Consumption become a nuke capable of hitting for over 1,400 damage with a critical (after a fully saturated Soul Drain and AAO buff) but the proc more or less turned this power into Reconstruction from the Regeneration powerset. It heals on average for 500+ HP and can heal for upwards of 700 depending on RNG. I predict some balancing will be done, so this may not be as awesome as it is. The build has perma Hasten and barely perma Soul Drain (the buff ends during the animation for Soul Drain) before a Force Feedback proc. Recharge is at 175% with Hasten active. HP is very respectable at 2,129 (with all 3 HP Accolades) and 1,861 without.  But give it a shot! I was going to keep this build all for myself, since Dark/Shield is my all time favorite build... But I wanted to share the love!

Some things to note, Dark Consumption and Fire Ball are not slotted the way you are about to see them slotted. I put those Sets in there to get a general Idea of what the numbers would be for recharge/resists. In Dark Consumption, I put 5 out of 6 from the new IO set, Synapse's Shock except for the IO that only gives End Mod. I slotted all the IOs at +5, the 6th slot was the chance for self heal from Power Transfer (the star of the show) this puts the values for the power at 84.5% Damage, 66% End Mod, 53% Acc and 89.9% recharge as well as an additional 15% movement speed from the "unique" IO from Synapse's Shock (which is actually kind of nice because I am using Sprint + Beast run on this build) Fire Ball has the entire set from the new Targeted AoE IOs, Bombardment. This set is wonderful and very appreciated in this VERY tight build for the added 3.75% ranged defense. Give this build a shot! I ran a +0x8 ITF with it in 44 minutes solo without any practice and it did wonderful! Here's the build! Let me know what you think if you try it out! 

Oh, and since it was on test, I ended up +5ing all my IOs that I didn't use catalysts on. This is only mandatory on the slotting for Dark Consumption IMO, and maybe the slotting for Stamina. 

Hero Plan by Hero Hero Designer 2.23
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Dark Melee
Secondary Power Set: Shield Defense
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Blaze Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Smite -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(11)
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(33)
Level 2: Shadow Maul -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(23)
Level 4: Battle Agility -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(33), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(33), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(34), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34), RedFrt-EndRdx(34)
Level 6: True Grit -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(45), Prv-Absorb%(45)
Level 8: Siphon Life -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(43), TchoftheN-Heal(43), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(45)
Level 10: Active Defense -- HO:Membr(A)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15), Rct-ResDam%(15)
Level 16: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Dark Consumption -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(19), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(19), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Empty(23)
Level 20: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36)
Level 26: Soul Drain -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(31)
Level 28: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 32: Midnight Grasp -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Hct-Acc/Rchg(37), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Hct-Dam%(39)
Level 35: Shield Charge -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Dam%(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42)
Level 38: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(39), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 41: Char -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(46), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(46), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(46), UnbCns-Dam%(50)
Level 44: Melt Armor -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 47: Fire Ball -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(48), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dam%(50), Empty(50)
Level 49: One with the Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(5), Mrc-Rcvry+(5)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(3), PrfShf-End%(3)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
------------

Derp, is that you?  Ole Derp?

• Haha 3

I still think TW/Bio is top tier but I can definitely say this is a close 2nd only because it is still going to be about 20 seconds recharge on DC with radius of 8 whereas TW is always ready to pound with AoD + Whirling and better ST, but I can absolutely see this being a spawn nuker to ground enemies up and basically farm the game.

2 hours ago, Gauntlet_Prime said:

For some reason the data link doesn't work for me.  Any chance you can post the brick-o-text version so I can copy it into mids directly?

When I have access to a computer with my files on it I will do that!

3 hours ago, 33053222 said:

I still think TW/Bio is top tier but I can definitely say this is a close 2nd only because it is still going to be about 20 seconds recharge on DC with radius of 8 whereas TW is always ready to pound with AoD + Whirling and better ST, but I can absolutely see this being a spawn nuker to ground enemies up and basically farm the game.

In terms of sustained, raw DPS TW would win, for sure. The AoE burst potential is unreal on DM/Shield and the two sets combined offer a total package. I only have extensive experience with DM/Shield though. All I know is Soul Drain + Dark Consumption + Shield Charge + Fireball is whacky. And at + 0 there is a small chance that you can kill an entire mob, bosses included, with only Soul Drain and Dark Consumption. I managed to do it once on the wall in Cimerora. Had to do a double take, but the boss was hit for 2,400, I repeat, 2,400 damage from Dark Consumption. Blew my mind. And it recharges in 18-20 seconds? To be fair, I did pop a blue inspire to make sure I was at 100% endurance.

On 2/29/2020 at 11:41 AM, ninja surprise said:

I'm putting Dark Consumption back on my DM/Ice Armor scrapper!  Energy Absorption will keep my End topped up so I can use DC for the attack!

That sounds like a very fun combo. Was going to roll a new DM Scrapper once the changes go live. Might do DM/Ice now. 

25 minutes ago, crkohl said:

That sounds like a very fun combo. Was going to roll a new DM Scrapper once the changes go live. Might do DM/Ice now. 

Dm/Ice, DM/Fire, DM/Radiation, DM/Dark and DM/Shield are all great combos. I would recommend any of those. You won’t be disappointed! DM/Anything is pretty good! 

11 minutes ago, cazden121 said:

Dm/Ice, DM/Fire, DM/Radiation, DM/Dark and DM/Shield are all great combos. I would recommend any of those. You won’t be disappointed! DM/Anything is pretty good! 

Oh don’t get me wrong I have plenty of experience with DM! My main on live was DM/Invuln, and my main on HC is DM/Shield. Got a DM/DA Brute I may revive as well with these changes.

Edit: Thinking a DM/Fire Brute may be in my future as well...that sounds super fun.

Edited by crkohl