Water blast skippable powers

DethStryke

You can skip either Aqua Bolt or Hydro Blast since you're not a Sentinel - I usually prefer the T1 over the T2 but -spd and knockdown is a bit handier than -def this time around.

But that's about it.

Dehydrate's better than it looks at first glance. It's incredibly IO-compatible and while the heal's not that strong unless you burn tidal power, it's still loaded on a sort-of-T2 attack.

Water Jet does look crappy at first-glance; a slightly faster cast, slightly weaker T2 (whereas dehydrate's just a bit stronger and slower cast instead). But thing is, it's one of your better ST attacks thanks to the ability to double-tap it at full Tidal. You don't need to give it high recharge - the double's what it's for.

Dehydrate is awesome, you can put 3 Thunderstrike, 1 Achilles, 1 Theft of Essence, and 1 damage proc in it, and you get to debuff Defense and Resistance, Heal yourself, and regain Endurance. Oh, and do damage.

I would skip Hydro Blast, because I use the T1 or T2 more to call in the Tides, and since they both give 1 Tidal Power, I use the faster-animating one. But if you take Hydro Bolt instead, I think it can slot a Force Feedback proc, so that's a fine choice also.

Water Jet is fine, don't slot Recharge in it and use the the auto-recharge to fire it more often, and put procs in it. It does good damage with procs. Otherwise it's just average.

• Like 1

This is the slotting I use for Dehydrate ... and it WORKS really well at 3 stacks of Tidal Power.

Alternatively you can use Dehydrate at 2 stacks of Tidal Power (in order to get to 3) and then do Water Jet for the double tap.

Level 12:    Dehydrate    
Theft of Essence - Healing: Level 27
Theft of Essence - Accuracy/Healing: Level 27
Theft of Essence - Accuracy/Endurance/Healing: Level 27
Theft of Essence - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
Theft of Essence - Chance for +Endurance: Level 10
Touch of the Nictus - Chance for Negative Energy Damage: Level 30

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• 2 weeks later
On 2/27/2020 at 3:41 AM, Redlynne said:

This proc is a complete game-changer for water blast - it turns Dehydrate into a mega sustain power.

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

4 hours ago, Gulbasaur said:
On 2/26/2020 at 9:41 PM, Redlynne said:

This proc is a complete game-changer for water blast - it turns Dehydrate into a mega sustain power.

Aye ... 😎

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• 1 month later
2 hours ago, Nferno said:

Has anyone slotted Whirlpool with Defense Debuffs? If so, any luck or is it useless for this?

I’ve always slotted for damage/recharge and then added one or two -resistance procs. It does respectable DoT and is even better on a Corruptor.

Whirlpool is a very good dps power, and very useful, but it suffers from a huge flaw... trying to place it in a fight.
I use a macro that drops it right at my feet, since I fight in melee range a ton, and it acts sorta like clatrops in that mobs start running around in it instead of attacking as much. and in combination with ice patch it does a decent amount of damage, plus a -res proc.

but if you don't want to mess around with placing it and the macro, I guess it's skippable.

• 1 month later

To resurrect a dead topic, I use whirlpool as something like a temporary hurricane- it pushes mobs away and damages (hurricane does not) but doesn't last long. I can even place it near some squishy allies or those rezzing unsafely, to provide them more coverage. I find it very useful, just not always in every fight. I would not skip it, personally. YMMV. As a defender, I do use the Defense Debuffs, at least one, to get that added protection. For a corrupter I go for more damage.

I skipped steam spray on mine.  I like whirlpool and use it often and felt 4 aoes was too many to use.  Did I really gimp myself skipping steam spray?   I felt like after 3 aoes I was on single target clean up and a fourth aoe wasn’t needed.  

Guardian survivor