Support Hybrid's endurance discount is not working

Burk

Support Hybrid is supposed to give a passive endurance discount, up to 10% at tier 4. I decided to test it out using my ill/rad controller using EM Pulse's crash to get accurate numbers on how much endurance was used. The in-game numbers on EM Pulse for me lists an endurance cost of 14.88 with and without support equipped.

62223242_TrickeryEMPulseInfo.jpg.7450cd0a0da3f0f42cc2dddbc19bae96.jpg

Using EM Pulse on the RWZ dummies with Assault Hybrid equipped and no toggles running reduced my endurance from my max of 110 to 95.12, exactly the 14.88 endurance cost expected.

476765703_TrickeryAssault.jpg.a4d3f7d8448c0753139fa39de36209ea.jpg

Using EM Pulse again with a tier 4 Support Hybrid (which again is supposed to give a 10% discount) resulted in exactly the same result of 95.12 endurance.

1626956346_TrickerySupport.jpg.fba5030c5079fbc3684eefda6b31f68e.jpg

So, in conclusion, Support Hybrid does not seem to give any auto endurance discount.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

I noticed this as well, when I observed that the support passive was not appearing anywhere in combat attributes, specifically under 'endurance discount', like other endurance discount bonuses I have. As expected, if I unslot an endurance discount bonus, my endurance consumption (with some set toggles) increases. But slotting/unslotting support has no effect on my endurance consumption, as I would expect.

• Like 1

I too have experienced this issue, however I've noticed that the support core does provide the passive discount and it's just an issue with the support radial that is not functioning.

You can see in the pic the support radial equipped with no endurance discount.

19CBB4D5-953A-4AFC-889D-6B2312C18B3B.jpeg

Edited by cephaspete
  • Thanks 1

I'm not seeing how you think Core works. Testing on my mastermind who has Support Core T4, I got the following:

1904543517_Daigowithnohybrid.jpg.b83e5fb39c13c09e83e4e13c27fc92ce.jpg

1101132441_Daigowithsupportequipped.jpg.3b85528346e4e1827288e4b9e548a0c4.jpg

This was from using Tame Beasts on my pets in both cases. The endurance discount also doesn't show in combat attributes. I only have discounts from enhancement set bonuses.

1802806307_DaigoSupportnotinCA.jpg.1d2a7c07dfa6dd820062b4d666603b59.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

• 2 weeks later

Just tested this myself on both live and the test servers: Neither version of Support Hybrid is giving the Endurance Discount. This isn't just a sheet issue, but is provable in testing as well. Can we get a fix into Page 6 before it goes live?

I've looked through the information on the powers, according to the game's numbers, it's that the effect "Support Boost Very Rare" exists, but has no effects attached to it.

Each of the other "Support Boost" auto-powers from the Support Hybrid Tree has their endurance discount listed in the information, but for some reason this bonus is missing on the T4 Support Boost.

Support Boost Common awards its Automatic Endurance Discount:
image.png.d45863350d88b5592a7a0979088d5b74.png

image.png.a7d8ed5bdb87529aafc50c1a4ee208be.png

Support Boost Very Rare has no actual effects:
image.png.7534b8b1f1916d5c937a08218b79e422.png
image.png.1767fc1a4c82172be8ffea37e9009bb5.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Molubdos said:

I don't know if you noticed, but the combat attributes for this looks to show another bug, too. It's showing "Moderate Endurance Discount" as 2.43%, and "Support Boost Common" as 2.43%, but the total is shown as 2.75%, whereas the math I learned would add 2.43 and 2.43 to get 2.86, not 2.75.

3 hours ago, srmalloy said:

I don't know if you noticed, but the combat attributes for this looks to show another bug, too. It's showing "Moderate Endurance Discount" as 2.43%, and "Support Boost Common" as 2.43%, but the total is shown as 2.75%, whereas the math I learned would add 2.43 and 2.43 to get 2.86, not 2.75.

I would say that this isn't a bug, it's just that the numbers for Endurance Discounts are more complicated than they first appear.

As far as I know, endurance discounts from powers (including set bonus effects) are applied in a similar manner to endurance reduction enhancements, in that they improve the "efficiency factor" for the statistic rather than directly reducing the endurance cost. (Much like how 100% endurance reduction in a power halves its cost, as it is 100% more efficient, rather than making it free to cast.)

I've put more stuff on discounts into the spoiler below - feel free to DM me if you have further questions on that, so we don't get too off-topic.

Spoiler

A Peacebringer's "Conserve Energy" power is as below:

image.png.89e4f4a1fc43905b47da981cdeb2f288.png

And here are the effects with a "2.5% endurance discount" set bonus:

image.png.647f70ca405fa2e2fdff952bd2b4c27d.png

And also with the common boost of "2.5%":

image.png.5f5ba477142e5b18a91151f1f7f85216.png

The combined discount is found by adding together all of the "Strength to Endurance Cost" effects first to get the "total efficiency", then applying the total in the manner described above to get the true Endurance Discount displayed at the top of the section.

Each item on the list shows the discount from its bonus as if it were the only power with the effect, not as a numerical portion of the total combined effect.

So while it lists each discount, adding the values you see in the attributes window isn't actually what happens.

There does seem to be a bit of imprecision in the displayed values in cases, (The 4.75% from my earlier post should be 4.76% from my calculations) but they are accurate enough to give you an idea of how much powers should cost.

Again, feel free to DM me if you have questions on this.

On 3/24/2020 at 8:41 PM, Molubdos said:

I've put more stuff on discounts into the spoiler below - feel free to DM me if you have further questions on that, so we don't get too off-topic.

See, with the higher tier support core stuff like embodiment, that discount doesn't show up at all in the combat attributes. 

The bottom line would be:

The auto power, Support Boost Very Rare, granted when Support (Core/Radial) Embodiment (Tier 4) is equipped, does not have its "Strength to endurance cost" effect attached.

This means that the passive effect of an endurance discount doesn't work for this tier - other tiers of the Support Hybrid powers are not affected.

• Thanks 1

At least we've identified where the problem is. And it makes sense that Radial and Core T4s share the issue if they both reference the same auto power.

• Thanks 1

Any news on whether this has been fixed? I’ll stick to the -7.5% for now. Thanks to those who researched and reported this.

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

• City Council
On 3/24/2020 at 3:20 PM, Molubdos said:

I've looked through the information on the powers, according to the game's numbers, it's that the effect "Support Boost Very Rare" exists, but has no effects attached to it.

Each of the other "Support Boost" auto-powers from the Support Hybrid Tree has their endurance discount listed in the information, but for some reason this bonus is missing on the T4 Support Boost.

image.png.d45863350d88b5592a7a0979088d5b74.png

image.png.a7d8ed5bdb87529aafc50c1a4ee208be.png

Support Boost Very Rare has no actual effects:
image.png.7534b8b1f1916d5c937a08218b79e422.png
image.png.1767fc1a4c82172be8ffea37e9009bb5.png

Thank you for looking into this - it's now been resolved internally and the fix will be in an upcoming update. Please check your in-game email for a Bug Hunter badge 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!