My map won't stay where I put it

Maagic

This has my OCD going into overdrive. I like my map to be on the right side of my screen, but every time I bring it up it's either docked in the center or on the left. Is there any way to make it stay where I put it?

Put it where you want it and try /wdwsave

If you do that and it moves, try /wdwload

I have all the option, chat and window saved and the loads incorporated in my bindfile so every toon has the same screen immediately.

• Like 1

Hi, have same problem and this has been asked about on these forums before.

That question was answered by a GM who said that this was an old known about bug with at present no resolution.

I have tried searching for that post but as usual my search foo is rubbish so failed miserably!

Sorry not to be able to help but at least you know you are not alone!

Cheers

Edit: Old brain apology, it was not the moving map, it was the moving Insps tray when zoning into missions I recalled.

I also have the moving map when I create a new alt and forget to do the bind stuff, duh sorry

Edited by Jacktar

1 hour ago, EmmySky said:

Put it where you want it and try /wdwsave

If you do that and it moves, try /wdwload

I have all the option, chat and window saved and the loads incorporated in my bindfile so every toon has the same screen immediately.

I do the same, and I've had my map situated on the right side of my screen for months and it never moves. I even adjusted its position a while back and it's stayed put in the new position without issue.

• 2 weeks later
On 3/5/2020 at 6:06 AM, Jacktar said:

Edit: Old brain apology, it was not the moving map, it was the moving Insps tray when zoning into missions I recalled.

I also have the moving map when I create a new alt and forget to do the bind stuff, duh sorry

That's what I came in to say - all the windows stay where put except the Insp tray.  It usually bumps up to the middle of the screen.

I'm going to try the /wdwsave & /wdwload on a bind.