Please allow explosive arrow to ignite oil slick

1 minute ago, VileTerror said:

I always kind of felt that Acid Arrow should ignite the Oil Slick.  I mean, depending on which type of acid you're using, you can get an exothermic reaction when combining it with a lipid matrix.  Since the type of oil isn't specified either, we could potentially surmise that the two could react with one another to ignite.

I think it could work.

FWIW what I've always wanted for Trick Arrow is the ability to load up multiple arrows and launch the effects all at once in an opening salvo. 

3 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

Pretty much anything post-Cryptic

You didn't answer the first part of the question though.  Which explosions are you talking about?

I don't mind if Sonic and the fire-damage Water powers don't trigger Oil Slick, but I'm sure other people would object so I dare not suggest it. And to be fair, the whole idea of 'explosive' powers doing special fire damage vs flammable chemicals is about as logical a power dynamic as you can get.

This seems like a semantics argument though.  Not everything that is "explosive" = fire and even if that were the case, it's easy to just rename powers with terms like "eruption" or "blast".

And I wasn't talking about consistence with sonic powers or water powers.

I'm sure any GM will tell you otherwise :classic_wink:

And you don't.

It's called sarcasm my dude.

Don't know what GMs have to do with anything

And I guess you've been duped by the sarcasm woosh.  I know the guy was being sarcastic which was why I subsequently replied to the rest of his post the way I did.

18 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

Yes but Blazing Arrow is an Archery power. Trick Arrow doesn't have powers that light the slick.

Interestingly there is a power in Tactical Arrow that would though (Electric Net Arrow). 

That could also be why Tactical Arrow doesn't get Oilslick Arrow.

1 hour ago, VileTerror said:

I always kind of felt that Acid Arrow should ignite the Oil Slick.

Put a Positron's Blast proc for energy damage into Acid Arrow and it CAN ignite Oil Slick ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Right, which is why the IDEAL SOLUTION is to copy/paste Electrified Net Arrow from the Blaster Tactical Arrow into all of the Trick Arrow powersets to solve the problem of allowing Trick Arrow to natively ignite Oil Slick Arrow without requiring a power from outside the Trick Arrow powerset ... because Electrified Net Arrow natively does energy damage which would light the Oil Slick.

Adding a "token" Fire DoT to Explosive Arrow in Archery would also seem to be warranted, so that Explosive Arrow can also reliably light up an Oil Slick with the "splash" of Fire DoT as well.

• Like 3

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

2 hours ago, Leogunner said:

You didn't answer the first part of the question though.

This seems like a semantics argument though. 

And I wasn't talking about consistence with sonic powers or water powers.

Seems like no matter what I say you'll reshape your argument just for the sake of continuing it, so let's move on...

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

Right, which is why the IDEAL SOLUTION is to copy/paste Electrified Net Arrow from the Blaster Tactical Arrow into all of the Trick Arrow powerset

There has actually been some demand for this in the past, as well as putting Toxic Web Grenade on Traps.

Not for the sake of Oil Slick Arrow, of course, but to keep powers consistent, which i'm very much in support of.

LOL NO!! keep arguing and keep posting and keep bumping this thread up so maybe it will get some attention!  Debate on this thread has been.....spirited. But that is only the case cause we are all passionate about this game, there is nothing worse than being apathetic. Thank you to everyone who took the time out of your day and the effort to post about this! To quote a favorite Tom Hanks movie of mine, "May you live to be a thousand years old, sir!"

• Like 1

Incarnate Reactive Radial Interface, l believe, would Explosive Arrow and other AoE's make ignite oil slick almost every time.

• Thanks 1

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

If a single spark can ignite a gas leak, then I think it stands to reason any kind of explosive attack, whether it's a grenade, an arrow, or an EMP, should ignite an oil spill.

First off, as others have pointed out, if you DON'T have Archery, you don't have Blazing Arrow. Blazing Arrow is an Archery power, Oil Slick is a Trick Arrow power. Two completely separate power sets. It makes no sense why Trick Arrow wouldn't have a native ability to ignite its own oil slick. With that said, I agree with giving TA the Electric Net from the Tactical Arrow set, or even giving EMP Arrow a tiny bit of energy damage to help ignite it as well. My main is an Archery/TA Defender, and while I love him to death and will never stop playing him, I'll also never say no to giving TA a little more love.

Edited by GastlyGibus
  • Like 2

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

On 3/8/2020 at 5:03 AM, Tyrannical said:

I think candidates for this change should be Explosive Arrow, Frag Grenade, M30 Grenade, LRM Rocket and weapon mastery's old version of Explosive Shuriken. So it's not like we're changing much for players, but NPCs potentially so.

Since this change would affect both players and NPCs, it wouldn't count as a 'free gimmie' either, so I guess there's that.

Actually, near as I can tell, when NPCs have a power that mirrors a player, it doesn't mean they actually have the powers of the powerset so much as possess a copy and pasted rendition of that power with numbers potentially adjusted. And changing it for NPCs is a lot of individual work. I'm not saying I don't approve but the changes will not just be changing values for players and it'll automatically apply to NPCs. AE is probably a great example of this as those are not actually the same powersets linked to the player character creator (see assault rifle, devices, or forcefield sets) and just rough copies of the files in a separate location in the data.