What did the papa tomato say to the baby tomato?

Ketchup!

This is what I want to say to my Pet every time I play one of my Controllers/Doms. These pets are so slow that more often than not, mobs are dead before my pet gets there.

What can be done about this?

• Haha 2

The pet *speed* is just fine.

The problem is that you have to drag the pet into its aggro range - since it tends to be following you (and will sit there out of range because it doesn't "see" the targets.) Bigger issue with Ice and Earth, I think, than something like SIngularity (more ranged than malee.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

7 minutes ago, Greycat said:

The problem is that you have to drag the pet into its aggro range - since it tends to be following you (and will sit there out of range because it doesn't "see" the targets.) Bigger issue with Ice and Earth, I think, than something like SIngularity (more ranged than malee.)

I can't see how the pet speed is fine, especially in caves. I can click on my pet and he will still be traveling towards me, but way off in the distance. Once my pet catches up, I have no issues getting my pet involved in the battles...for me that is not the problem, it's getting the pet to the room that is the problem for me.

This is not limited to caves mind you, this can happen in warehouses as well. I am more than happy to make a video if you like so you don't have to take my word for it.

Might be pet specific, I'm remembering them being fairly close (barring using travel powers to cross a zone or something.)  Or just my perception. *shrug*

I just seem to recall them usually being there, but standing two feet behind me watching me fight.

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

Might be pet specific, I'm remembering them being fairly close (barring using travel powers to cross a zone or something.)  Or just my perception. *shrug*

I just seem to recall them usually being there, but standing two feet behind me watching me fight.

For me, this happens more often on teams that move quickly, that wipe out mobs fast and move to the next. Solo play this is not an issue at all. Or the rare times I play on teams that take a bit to take mobs out, such as teams with not-so-great dps, this is not an issue. This is more common with high DPS teams who move from mob to mob like they are speed bumps rather than a challenging mob. So this is also a factor in play.

Hmm. Give them a MM-style leash? If they fall too far behind they teleport next to you?

(I wouldn't *argue* with the speed increase, mind you.)

Edited by Greycat

10 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I can't see how the pet speed is fine, especially in caves. I can click on my pet and he will still be traveling towards me, but way off in the distance. Once my pet catches up, I have no issues getting my pet involved in the battles...for me that is not the problem, it's getting the pet to the room that is the problem for me.

I've noticed the same problem. If you have Sprint active, or have a few +movement set bonuses -- much less be using a travel power -- you will easily outdistance your pets and have to wait for them to catch up. This isn't much of a problem when solo except with tightly timed missions, but on teams, the rest of the team can easily have whacked a spawn and moved on before your pet catches up.

MM pets have an automatic "resummon closer" ability if they get too far from their summoner, but that doesn't always help, and it seems as if you stop just before they decide they're too far, so they're running from their last "resummon" point. Non-MM pets don't seem to get that; they just keep running, and only get a catch-up when you zone or go through a door.

Barring taking Recall Friend and using up a pool choice just to pull your pet to you, your only options are to wait, or to spend the end/rech time to resummon the pet, and if it dies in the first five seconds of the fight, you're stuck waiting for the recharge because you had to use it to get the pet to you.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Greycat said:

Hmm. Give them a MM-style leash? If they fall too far behind they teleport next to you?

That would for sure make a difference I think. Although, isn't that more effective outside rather than in missions?

Possibly more noticeable outside, but if they're falling behind on your teams enough for you to notice - well, I suppose it would depend on the leash "length." It would have the side benefit of pulling the pet to you if the reason they're falling behind is getting stuck on/in geometry, as well.

Edit: Though I wonder if a pet "speed buff" would also help things like group fly - though I'm thinking more MMs there.

Edited by Greycat

How about any Pets you summon gain a Movement Speed increase on par with whatever Speed their owner currently has?  Might be a nightmare to code, but basically:  If the Fire Controller has Super Speed turned on, then so do all their Imps.

• Like 2

Although, the joke used in the original post of this thread does sort of remind me of the Commissar from Warhammer 40K.

There's an idea to replace Serum!  Execute:  Kill one of your own Soldiers to cause all the others to HURRY THE HELL UP!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Greycat said:

Me, getting the absolute shit kicked out of me by Nemesis: "please dark servant, help me"

Dark Servant, stood next to me: "not my problem bro"

the pet ai really stretches the definition of the word "intelligence" sometimes, it would be nice if they attacked the first enemy that harmed you, and then go about their merry little way once they're within range.

• Haha 1

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

Matching travel powers sounds good, however, I don't think Super Jump would help in a cave map. I know coding could be an issue here, however, coding sounds like it's going to be an issue no matter how we go about this; but...wouldn't it make things much simpler if we had a TP power for pets only that was instant cast? One click and all pets (MM, Contoller, Dom) would instant cast with a flash of light and put them right next to the caster. Throw it on a 30 second cooldown (to avoid spam and possible misuse as a tool to troll others with the flash or abusing the collision mechanics) and name it (joking) "GET OVER HERE!"

Edited by Solarverse

Hell . . . maybe make the actual Pet Summoning Power do that.  If the Pet(s) are still alive when activated, Teleport them to the specified location.

Yes, that would throw the Power on to Cooldown, but I'd be okay with that as a potential trade-off for the feature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VileTerror said:

Hell . . . maybe make the actual Pet Summoning Power do that.  If the Pet(s) are still alive when activated, Teleport them to the specified location.

Yes, that would throw the Power on to Cooldown, but I'd be okay with that as a potential trade-off for the feature.

I agree. I would most certainly be fine with the cooldown side effect.

• Thanks 1