Ninja Mastermind Attack Power Update

Yeho1980

I feel and I hope the Devs agree that three attack powers in the Ninja set are outdated and underwhelming. Let's look at the other mastermind power sets:

Beast Mastery - Summon beast to attack your enemies, that checks out.

Demon Summoning - Use a fire whip, my favorite and also the demonling uses a similar power.

Mercenaries - Rifle which is also used by your pets.

Necromancy - Dark blast which is also used by the Grave Knight.

Robotics - Pulse Rifle while the pets use a similar weapon.

Thugs - Dual Wield which is also used by your pets.

Ninja - Arrows? What? None of the ninjas use arrows.

Also all of the other mastermind sets attack powers come with a secondary effect (knockback, -ToHit, damage over time, etc) while Arrows have none. I mean they could have at least given us an explosive arrow.

I would like to know if the Arrows can be switched out for Shurikens, that would make so much more sense. Your pets use shurikens and the powers already exist in the game. Dominators get Shuriken Throw, Trick Shot and Explosive Shuriken in the Martial Assault power set.

Edited by Yeho1980
  • Like 2

I don’t disagree with you but Genin USED to have archery when upgraded. This was removed later on and switched to staying with shiruken. I think it was because back on live Genin used to have more archery attacks and were functioning better as ranged pets and so they took an overall nerf.

that said, Shiruken, masterful throw or the chaining throw, and fistful of shiruken would be cool. Top it all off with a toxic DoT and/or -regen debuff to represent poisoned blades and we’re golden.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

I don’t disagree with you but Genin USED to have archery when upgraded. This was removed later on and switched to staying with shiruken. I think it was because back on live Genin used to have more archery attacks and were functioning better as ranged pets and so they took an overall nerf.

that said, Shiruken, masterful throw or the chaining throw, and fistful of shiruken would be cool. Top it all off with a toxic DoT and/or -regen debuff to represent poisoned blades and we’re golden.

I remember the problem being something like the Genin would get stuck using their bows and refusing to use their melee attacks. They would stay at range and not attack until their bow powers recharged. The problem was specifically centered around using the bow, so all their archery powers were replaced with shuriken attacks, but numerically they were the same, they just no longer had to draw a weapon.

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison! | Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers Telepathy | Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

The Strange Relationship between Damage Buffs and Damage Resistance OR "Why doesn't Power Boost work on Cold Shields!?"

Giving the player the same three shuriken attacks as Genin makes sense, so I'm all for it.

But I would also suggest reworking the powerset so Genin use the updates shuriken stuff from Martial Assault.

Power 1 - Shuriken Throw

Power 2 - Heavy Glaive (Martial Assault's Explosive Shuriken, without the explosion)

Power 3 - Explosive Shuriken (Classic version)

9 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

Giving the player the same three shuriken attacks as Genin makes sense, so I'm all for it.

But I would also suggest reworking the powerset so Genin use the updates shuriken stuff from Martial Assault.

Power 1 - Shuriken Throw

Power 2 - Heavy Glaive (Martial Assault's Explosive Shuriken, without the explosion)

Power 3 - Explosive Shuriken (Classic version)

Why not use trick shot for the middle attack?

11 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Also, @Redlynne what are your thoughts?

Did someone take my name in vain ... again ...?

Mastermind Ninja primary attacks

Snap Shot (ranged single target): 1s animation . 2s base recharge

Aimed Shot (ranged single target): 1s animation . 4s base recharge

Fistful of Arrows (cone): 1.17s animation . 8s base recharge

Dominator Martial Assault shuriken attacks

Shuriken (ranged single target): 1s animation . 4s base recharge

Trick Shot (ranged chain): 1.07s animation . 10s base recharge

Explosive Shuriken (target AoE): 1.67s animation . 12s base recharge

Given a choice between the two options ... I'd rather stick with using a bow on Ninja Masterminds (thanks).  The reason WHY I have that preference can be found HERE.

Now, if the arrows were given an extra effect beyond just merely (exclusively) Lethal damage, I wouldn't object (too strenuously).  I can even envision scenarios in which the buffing of Ninja Mastermind archery attacks ISN'T proliferated out to the Archery powers more broadly, so as to represent a dedicated "ninja" version of Archery being used.  Even something as simple as doing a Slow debuff (representing "poisoned" arrows that debilitate but aren't mez MAG powerful) that apply -Recharge and -Movement debuffing and thus enables use of the Slow sets in the archery attacks would be welcome.

That's about as far as I'd be willing to go on this topic.

• Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.