Getting all contacts that are introduced?

Idiotfool

So, I decided to roll a badge hunter and I'd like to know how I can get all of the contacts that can be introduced. For Matthew Habashy, for instance, he can introduce Officer Fields and Sondra Costel. How can I get both contacts, if he is the only one that introduces them, and I have to choose?

Thanks!

Just now, Ulysses Dare said:

I'm trying to remember if there's any other forking content like that where you have to pick one contact and never get an opportunity to chose the other. Off hand, I can't think of any.

Killing certain NPCs in missions while villain-side are minor forking paths, but they don't seem to have any real impact.

Many of the old blueside stories had multiple contacts for the same arc.  so even though you never talked to them you did the story,  It has only gotten more confusing since then.  One good resource is...Ouroboros.  Take a high level character and double check each level range to ensure you have all the major arcs.  This is NOT all the story arcs in the game, but it helps.

5 hours ago, Idiotfool said:

I want everyone as a completed contact.

Not possible.  At least on blueside, there's a number of arcs with multiple contacts.  Once you've done the arc, you won't (can't) another contact with the same arc.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

I love this commitment to completionism.  But the City does not work that way.  In some ways it is indeed a real world, messy and strange.  I recently attempted this redside and got all content through 30, and some 30-35.  THen I 50'd the character.  I have done it on Redside a few times back on live.  It has gotten more complicated since then and there is added content.  I never succeeded on Blueside.  It is a freaking spaghetti ball of Nemesis plots over there.  

Now I content myself with getting to know the stories and contacts in a game.  The enemy groups and their tactics.  The rooms and their quirks.  Maybe I do not have a toon that has every contact as a good relationship (which is impossible anyway.  Redside you automatically burn a half dozen contacts and they hate you by the end of their arc, and Blueside uyou kill/lock up at least one)  But I do know that on any alt I can have a reasonable idea of who someone is and what they are offering.  I buy into the Ouro storylines.  I am not a mender, more like a meddler in the time stream.  Then someone comes through afterward and it is like I never saved the dam, killed the entire ship of Longbow, or retrieved the loa bone.  odd place the city.

• Haha 1

I think the OP should set a more reasonable goal like collecting all the mission Souvenirs instead. Due to the way the 10-20 game is structured Blueside it is not possible to get all contacts. This has been explained above; there are only a few story arcs in the 20 range and they are given by multiple contacts depending on your Origin. Once a contact for your Origin offers that arc you will not be sent to the other contacts that offer it.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Souvenirs indeed.  the character I said did all content to 30+ has 98 of them currently.  badge for 100.  But I moved on.  Altitis, you are a cruel mistress.

I think a more Meta version is just badging.  I have only recently became interested in Badgers.  It is VERY time consuming.  The rewards are plentiful, bragging rights are visible, and it speaks to the inner scout in all us geeks. (get the badge get the badge, go on GET IT )

• Like 1

And you'll never have all 'completed' contacts because Jenni Adair was never finished so she stops about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up the bar.  Drives me nuts its not a whole 'completed' bar.  Anyway, good luck to OP in filling your goal as much as is possible.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Snarky said:

Many of the old blueside stories had multiple contacts for the same arc.  so even though you never talked to them you did the story,  It has only gotten more confusing since then.  One good resource is...Ouroboros.  Take a high level character and double check each level range to ensure you have all the major arcs.  This is NOT all the story arcs in the game, but it helps.

As I remember it, there were two contacts for every combination of level range and origin (which is only relevant to the extent of guiding what enemy groups you face in their missions; low-level Science contacts will pit you most often against the Vahzilok, for example) -- Hugo Redding and Dr. Trevor Seaborn in Steel Canyon both give out the mission series that includes the "Rescue the Mystic from the Circle of Thorns" mission that gives the Spelunker badge, for example, so you will only ever get one or the other as a contact, not both, to ensure that you don't get the same missions twice.

47 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Souvenirs indeed.  the character I said did all content to 30+ has 98 of them currently.  badge for 100.  But I moved on.  Altitis, you are a cruel mistress.

I think a more Meta version is just badging.  I have only recently became interested in Badgers.  It is VERY time consuming.  The rewards are plentiful, bragging rights are visible, and it speaks to the inner scout in all us geeks. (get the badge get the badge, go on GET IT )

There's a badge for souvenirs. 😜 Plus all the badge missions are in Ouroboros now. I just went back and picked up a few. I'm now a Dam Hero my friend.

• Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

On 3/15/2020 at 10:43 AM, srmalloy said:

As I remember it, there were two contacts for every combination of level range and origin (which is only relevant to the extent of guiding what enemy groups you face in their missions; low-level Science contacts will pit you most often against the Vahzilok, for example) -- Hugo Redding and Dr. Trevor Seaborn in Steel Canyon both give out the mission series that includes the "Rescue the Mystic from the Circle of Thorns" mission that gives the Spelunker badge, for example, so you will only ever get one or the other as a contact, not both, to ensure that you don't get the same missions twice.

It is actually worse than that.  At the 5-9 & 10-14 level bands, there are 3 contacts for each origin.  At the 15-19 level band, there are 4.  There are 6 at the 20-24 level band.  It drops down to 2 (with only 1 for Natural origin) at the 25-29 & 30-34 level bands.  It goes to 1 (with 1 additional for the Rikti) at the 35-39  & 40-44 level bands.  In addition there are the Hollows, Faultline, Striga, Croatoa, & RWZ zone arc contacts, plus all of the newer content contacts.

For the origin contacts, you are not supposed to be able to get introductions to more than one origin contact at each level band.  But this has become a bit glitchy.  Occasionally my characters have received introductions to additional origin contacts through the Valentines Day mission contacts - & perhaps even through the Contact Finder.  But if the completist goal is the get all of the blueside contacts in the game, & to fill their bars completely, this cannot be realistically done. 

I would note that it would also be extremely redundant, as each origin contact in a level band has access to the same well of missions, so you would be running the same hunts & door missions (timed & untimed) repeatedly.  It is also possible to glitch yourself out of the story arcs that the origin contacts offer, as I believe they are coded to be only be done (non-Ouro) once - & I have had instances where a character who had access to 2 origin contacts of the same origin ran every mission the contacts would offer, but neither would offer the story arc (presumably because they each "thought" that the other had done so.)  My character missed out on running The Bonefire Plot from the 10-14 Natural contacts because of this glitch, & had to run the arc through Ouro to get the Skulls bandana souvenir.

It is certainly an achievable goal to get introductions to a contact of every origin in each level band & run all of their story arcs & missions, by turning off xp at the top of each level band.  I do this regularly - although I no longer bother with the hunts, which feel like pointless filler to me.

Edited by Mister Mass

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

• 2 weeks later

So, my guy is level 7 and I've run all available contacts in King's Row and in Port Oakes. However, I never was introduced to Ron Hughes or Juan Jiminez in King's nor Detective Jose Brogan and a sprinkling of other contacts in Atlas Park.

Any idea why? If I chose the wrong contact and missed Brogan, that's one thing, but why won't Becktrees introduce me to Ron in KR?

image.thumb.png.219965f9dcc20c691224e966ae23f357.png

I want this list full...

2 hours ago, Idiotfool said:

So, my guy is level 7 and I've run all available contacts in King's Row and in Port Oakes. However, I never was introduced to Ron Hughes or Juan Jiminez in King's nor Detective Jose Brogan and a sprinkling of other contacts in Atlas Park.

Any idea why? If I chose the wrong contact and missed Brogan, that's one thing, but why won't Becktrees introduce me to Ron in KR?

image.thumb.png.219965f9dcc20c691224e966ae23f357.png

I want this list full...

Ron Hughes and Juan Jiminez don't have their own story arcs, they use the same pool of shared missions for KR.  Since you don't have those two, I would guess that you have instead been introduced to Linda Summers, who is the third contact in the pool there.  AFAIK, for those types of carbon-copy contacts you'll only ever get offered one of the set, because they have the same missions.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

1 hour ago, ArchVileTerror said:

The way the game is programmed, it's impossible to get them all.  Simple as that, regrettably.  You get a limit of 5 Contacts per 5 level range, but there are 10 possibly Contacts in each range.  You're always going to miss out on at least half of them on a single character.

Interesting. It's not like the stories are especially engaging, but it's a bit disappointing that I can't run through more of them.

1 hour ago, Grouchybeast said:

Ron Hughes and Juan Jiminez don't have their own story arcs, they use the same pool of shared missions for KR.  Since you don't have those two, I would guess that you have instead been introduced to Linda Summers, who is the third contact in the pool there.  AFAIK, for those types of carbon-copy contacts you'll only ever get offered one of the set, because they have the same missions.

Not quite carbon copies, but I definitely see repetition between the "arcs" of the generic contacts. I ran Linda, first, and by the time I ran the missions of Samuel Pierce, and I'd already met Lt. Wincott and run The Hollows missions. Pierce gave me four or five street sweeping missions to get rid of Vahz. I guess having 5 more contacts do that would get annoying, but the code was already in place and it would obviously be intentional for the player to go through those boring missions "Just because" so it's weird that they built in the restriction, to me.

Edited by Idiotfool

• 3 years later

When you get to a zone on either side, look at the map and see if there are any icons up showing a contact has a new mission (even for those you have not met yet). So lets say 3 are showing. If two are the same origin, then once you accept a mission from one - the other icon on map will disappear. 

Find Contact is great if you have not been introduced to a contact in the new zone you are in. Just remember find contact shows only SOME of the contacts in your zone or next one up. And it also shows contacts you have not met yet. That does not mean they have missions for you. Worse case you just speak to them and see they don't have a mission, but now you know where they are for the future.

I tried to do it all but I saw that was pointless. So what I do is prioritize hero story arcs over regular missions wherever I can. And then when I need to gain some xp and don't want to move onto next hero story arc mission, I'll do a few regular missions or radio missions.

I'm not doing anything from Gold side, other than the Shining Stars arcs. There is soooo much to do just with normal blue side, I'll save gold contact for praetorian characters.

Even if you only do one mission and some exploration, its good to visit EVERY ZONE, including Hazard and Trial zones (as most have at least a few missions).

When I reach 50, whatever missions/arcs I missed I can do at my own pace.  Also, don't forget to visit the PVP  zones and cooperative zones - they have a lot of cool suff. And Trials and Taskforces are always fun and you get a lot of merits from them.

Have fun! Good luck!

3 hours ago, Xalon said:

When you get to a zone on either side, look at the map and see if there are any icons up showing a contact has a new mission (even for those you have not met yet). So lets say 3 are showing. If two are the same origin, then once you accept a mission from one - the other icon on map will disappear. 

Find Contact is great if you have not been introduced to a contact in the new zone you are in. Just remember find contact shows only SOME of the contacts in your zone or next one up. And it also shows contacts you have not met yet. That does not mean they have missions for you. Worse case you just speak to them and see they don't have a mission, but now you know where they are for the future.

I tried to do it all but I saw that was pointless. So what I do is prioritize hero story arcs over regular missions wherever I can. And then when I need to gain some xp and don't want to move onto next hero story arc mission, I'll do a few regular missions or radio missions.

I'm not doing anything from Gold side, other than the Shining Stars arcs. There is soooo much to do just with normal blue side, I'll save gold contact for praetorian characters.

Even if you only do one mission and some exploration, its good to visit EVERY ZONE, including Hazard and Trial zones (as most have at least a few missions).

When I reach 50, whatever missions/arcs I missed I can do at my own pace.  Also, don't forget to visit the PVP  zones and cooperative zones - they have a lot of cool suff. And Trials and Taskforces are always fun and you get a lot of merits from them.

Have fun! Good luck!

did you just necro answer something 3 years later?