Katana Display Bug

Crysta Clear

Weapons for the Katana powerset have a weird display bug where they don't appear at certain times, for anyone but the player of the character. While you will see your own katana just fine, all the time unless it's sheathed, just like any other weapon powerset.

However, other players cannot see your sword unless you're animating at the time. When you're in idle stance with your sword out, other players just see your empty hands in katana stance! The sword appears for a split second while you're animating the drawing of the weapon, and it suddenly and instantly appears the moment you start to animate an attack or power, but once you return to idle stance, it is gone.

The same bug existed on Resurgence forever, and they never could fix it, but maybe our lovely GMs here can? ^-^

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later
On 7/21/2019 at 5:31 PM, ValkyrieLummi said:

I have this issue too. If it's my graphics settings, I would love to know!

It isnt, it will be a setting somewhere in the code, just requires someone to find it, it effects all weapons that use those models including ninja blade, katana, ninja training and ninja tool mastery so its literally all of them using those models so it will be whatever is flagged for those models into those powersets. Other weapon sets are unaffected, mace, axe, staff, what have you.

23 hours ago, Jaguaratron said:

It isnt, it will be a setting somewhere in the code, just requires someone to find it, it effects all weapons that use those models including ninja blade, katana, ninja training and ninja tool mastery so its literally all of them using those models so it will be whatever is flagged for those models into those powersets. Other weapon sets are unaffected, mace, axe, staff, what have you.

Just came here to report a similar issue with Ninja Tool Mastery. I don't see any weapon at all; completely invisible to me at all times. And no option to change it in the tailor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
  • 11 months later

Just adding....Devs thought they addressed this several months ago for Katana animations, but mine remains totally borked for Katana scrapper as well as Ninja Tools on a Sent.

I don’t think we should expect to see this fixed any time soon, if at all.

• Sad 1

hmm. here's a thought. could you try fiddling with your graphic settings to see if makes the katana appear? I'm sure you've tried a rescan of the front loading assets, so I'm thinking it could be related to the graphic settings. I'm on the lower end of the settings spectrum because of my ancient computer, and the katana on Sentinel Ninja Mastery has been fine for months. 

16 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Not sure exactly when it changed but my Ninja Mastery Sentinel has had a visible Katana for awhile now, along with tailor settings.

Have you checked with other players? It's more that other people don't see it while you do

@archaelia - Torchbearer :: Pure Sunlight | Pure Starlight | Pure Voidlight | Pure Magic | Pure Radiation | Pure Diamond | Hyperline | Skittles | Wyndra | Stellagirl | Persephone Yin | Cilatra | Trance Gemini | Cyan Essence | Voidweaver | Zael | Multiplicate | Clanket | thiccuracy | Galaxy Gem | Infinite Rose | Nightflower | Hot Sands | Sandweave | Jetfuel | Plasmahead | Ice Chest | Internal Locus | Danger Dancer | PPD Parks Ranger | FDPC Cryoforce | Black Silver | Vanguard Viper | Arrowdyne | Adam Adrenaline | Violet Velocity | Hypervoltage | Star Huntress | Kat Huntress | Violet Vycanthys | Edge Witch | :.

4 hours ago, Six Six said:

hmm. here's a thought. could you try fiddling with your graphic settings to see if makes the katana appear? I'm sure you've tried a rescan of the front loading assets, so I'm thinking it could be related to the graphic settings. I'm on the lower end of the settings spectrum because of my ancient computer, and the katana on Sentinel Ninja Mastery has been fine for months. 

According to my friends in my SG they can’t see my blade on my Katana scrapper or my Ninja Sentinel except at the beginning of the animation sequence.  It appears fully visible to me at all times however.

Its an acknowledged bug per the Devs and they’ve tried to fix but it hasn’t been addressed yet.