Seasonal Events - Stay at Home Orders

Troo

I misread the title and thought this would be a "Stay at home" themed event.

If you're caught outdoors twice in the same day you are banned.

If you're in a group with more than one other person you are banned.

Standing too close to another person nets you a ban.

Entering a supergroup base that is not your own gets you banned.

The reward at the end of the event is a badge for any account which did not get banned (badge name pending).

I don't think it'll take, to be honest.

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

Regarding “permanent” Holloween; would it be possible to rig the event so that Trick-or-Treating was possible in every zone, but only during the times when it’s natural night (i.e. leave the day/night cycle on... trick or treat runs from sundown to sunrise... sorta like that certain hunt for Vampyri on Striga Island)?

That would avoid the hated 30-days of night (after last October, I now appreciate how the live devs limited it to a couple of weeks) while still enabling trick or treating in all zones.

• Like 1

Without looking under the hood . . . my guess is probably.  But the amount of work it would require is unclear, and given that day-night spawns can sometimes show up at the wrong time of day, it'll probably be unreliable on top of that.

Null the Gull's Hallowe'en Zone is already a prime candidate for 365-day Hallowe'en, I think.  We'd just need to make all the various Hallowe'en critters become levelless, so they can scale to anyone and everyone equally.

"Just."  I honestly have no clue how much a pain that sort of coding might be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 4/8/2020 at 2:57 PM, ArchVileTerror said:

We'd just need to make all the various Hallowe'en critters become levelless, so they can scale to anyone and everyone equally.

"Just."  I honestly have no clue how much a pain that sort of coding might be.

If I had to guess, I'd say that it would require copying all of the relevant mobs into new entries in the database, then tweak the entries to make them autoscale -- the same thing had to be done for the Rikti mobs for Rikti invasions, and unless the Nemesis assaults were already coded and just waiting to be turned on, the HC staff did it for them. So it's certainly theoretically and technically feasible.

• Thanks 1

Invasion!

Starting… now, Rikti invasions will be taking place all over Paragon City and the Rogue Isles. They’ll be here for two and a half weeks - until server maintenance finally defeats them once and for all on Tuesday the 12th of May.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 3 months later

well played, that got you 2 likes.

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

• 3 months later

As much of the continent heads into additional lock downs and restrictions. Some bonus event or new content would go along way for the community.

3 minutes ago, Troo said:

As much of the continent heads into additional lock downs and restrictions. Some bonus event or new content would go along way for the community.

Hopefully the content in Beta goes live soon!

Outside that?  Well, there's actually some pretty good content in the AE.  Now finding it is the issue with the proliferation of farms and all.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I was thinking the same thing.

Additional promotion of the player created AE arcs maybe combined with piecemeals work. There is actually a ton of new content, it just needs a little promotion.

Not to be a naysayer, but I'mma hope that the content in Beta gets thoroughly tested prior to release, even if it might help people relax during this stressful time.

I encourage those who don't feel that they can wait to please go ahead and explore that content on the Beta Shard, and that way their exploration can also potentially yield positive benefits for the whole community through feedback!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

Not to be a naysayer, but I'mma hope that the content in Beta gets thoroughly tested prior to release, even if it might help people relax during this stressful time.

I encourage those who don't feel that they can wait to please go ahead and explore that content on the Beta Shard, and that way their exploration can also potentially yield positive benefits for the whole community through feedback!

Feedback closed today. There is a tighter timeline than some may think.

6 minutes ago, Darmian said:

Hopefully the content in Beta goes live soon!

Outside that?  Well, there's actually some pretty good content in the AE.  Now finding it is the issue with the proliferation of farms and all.

You've inspired a new thread. "Lockdown 2020: Badges, New Content & Issue 27" (work in progress)

• Like 1

Personally, I think we need to add more seasonal events rather than re-use others out of season.

I created a thread for new ideas before and contributed a Hurricane Season event idea.  A series of hurricanes cause power outages across the city (and in the Rogue Isles), and it would give an excuse to see enemies spawn in places they otherwise wouldn't as authorities are dealing with blackouts and increased crime.  A re-runnable mission arc where you join in the effort to restore power by collecting some items needed to get the reactor up and running again, and the main enemy of the event would be the Luddites, who are happy to see technology being brought down by the natural event.  Success in the mission arc grants a badge, but has no real bearing on the power loss as even if you restore power it quickly goes out again from some other factor (until the event comes to an end).  Some additional window dressing for the event would be to change how buildings appear at night, with most of the lit up windows staying dark when the sun goes down... also, if possible, just lay down an ankle deep layer of water in the low points of various city zones to indicate flooding has gotten out of hand.

The whole thing could last about 2 weeks as we head into Fall, so a little drama and adversity before the Halloween event gets to us, and no new assets need to be added... just use existing content in new ways.