Seasonal Events - Stay at Home Orders

Troo

Anyway we could run some of the seasonal events as folks are looking at stay at home orders for the next ___ weeks?

Maybe there is something appropriate Homecoming wide.

I'd be in favor of the randomized zone events or Halloween in Spring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Ooh, a lag-fest. 😃

Ran a few incarnate trials like Posi's stay off the green, Mothership, and the Magistrate with a league, since, yeah there are tonnes of people on now enough to form leagues. Awesome fun. the unavoidable lag was part of the fun. 

The league leaders took longer just trying to organise all of us than the actual run. 😃

Maybe a rerun of the Rularuu, Nemesis, or Council invasions?

Better yet - Issue 2 Winter Lords.

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

15 hours ago, ArchVileTerror said:

I am also in support of Hallowe'en in Spring!

As am I! It's by far my favorite event.

• Thanks 1

Actually, if the Halloween Event can be turned on and left on in selected zones rather than affecting ALL zones blueside and redside ... I'd recommend enabling Halloween as a permanent event in The Hollows and Perez Park for blueside ... and in Port Oakes and Cap Au Diable on redside (since these two zones are the two halves of the same island).  That way, blueside and redside always have zones that you can go to for Trick or Treating, but they won't be zones that you stay in "forever" as you level up.  Note that a permanent night in Port Oakes would enable continuous ghost spawns at Fort Darwin for the Ghost Hunter badges.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

14 hours ago, Troo said:

Makes sense, got an alternative?

Disliking your idea or noting it's flaws does not create any requirement that an alternative be proposed.  That odd notion has arisen to give the proponent an 'out' to avoid taking up the burden of defending their proposal or working to improve it.  It's become popular because it takes essentially no effort.

4 hours ago, Redlynne said:

That way, blueside and redside always have zones that you can go to for Trick or Treating, but they won't be zones that you stay in "forever" as you level up. 

It's a workable idea...  but level locking ToT to low levels isn't going to be popular.  (It's probably the best overall solution though.)  I think I'd prefer top level zones because of the easier availability of toons to exemp people up.  But at least Blueside that means PI, FF, or Bricks - busy, popular, zones.

Blueside, I think I'd go for IP if you want a "just passing through these levels" zone.  Other than as a TF staging area, it's not a zone that sees a lot of use and there's lots of room for ToT teams to spread out.

• Confused 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

The biggest problem with always-on Hallowe'en is that you can only trick-or-treat on doors which are your level.  If Port Oakes (for example) was one of the only places to Trick or Treat, then you would need to team up with someone between levels 5 and 15 (or 2 and 18, depending if the +/-3 rule applies).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:
21 hours ago, Troo said:

Makes sense, got an alternative?

Disliking your idea or noting it's flaws does not create any requirement that an alternative be proposed.  That odd notion has arisen to give the proponent an 'out' to avoid taking up the burden of defending their proposal or working to improve it.  It's become popular because it takes essentially no effort.

I'm simply thinking of something that could keep things interesting while folks are stuck at home.

Your dislike of an idea didn't bug me, I simply followed up to ask if there was something you'd like instead or prefer since you were pretty specific regarding Halloween.

• Thanks 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

3 hours ago, ArchVileTerror said:

The biggest problem with always-on Hallowe'en is that you can only trick-or-treat on doors which are your level.

Flashback to those levels using the Pillar of Ice and Flame ...?

IifneyR.gif

Perhaps, but I imagine quite a few players would not appreciate having their Powers locked out from Exemplaring down.

I do like the idea which has been expressed other places where the Atlas Park Hallowe'en Zone is -always- operating with the Hallowe'en Event rules, and that any enemies spawned in the Zone operate under the Always Level Appropriate Rule we see with other Zone-wide events like Invasions.

• Thanks 1

Well, it's a bit extreme for a solution but ... Echo of {fill in the blank} could be done for all zones through Ouroboros (your time travel destination before Milliways!) so as to access ANY zone during Halloween.  This would then enable year round Trick or Treating without overwriting all of the "main" zones with Halloween thematics.

• Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

How about pick a coop zone and allow a special event. 4 zones each with a different special event. Then shuffle what zone has what special event. I'll cover any increased sever costs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Troo said:

How about pick a coop zone and allow a special event.

Would anyone seriously care if the Rikti War Zone was a permanent Halloween Event zone?

IifneyR.gif

Why not have Halloween all the time in Echo: Dark Astoria?

You could also have lots of Rikti invasions in Echo:Galaxy City or Echo : Rikti Crash Site

Might make those Echo zones more useful without affecting Prime Paragon City.

What others could we do?

Edited by Aracknight

On 3/26/2020 at 8:55 AM, Redlynne said:

Actually, if the Halloween Event can be turned on and left on in selected zones rather than affecting ALL zones blueside and redside ... I'd recommend enabling Halloween as a permanent event in The Hollows and Perez Park for blueside ... and in Port Oakes and Cap Au Diable on redside

Oh god, please no. I enjoy running characters through the Hollows. This would make me avoid it like the plague.

If there was *any* consideration given for "Where should we put permanent events," I would sincerely hope they'd do the sensible thing and *put them as echo-type zones in Ouro.* Or use Null. Ouro would make more sense.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

The only reason NOT to put a permanent Halloween event into one of the existing Echo zones is that all of the Echo zones are blueside.  To my knowledge, there are no existing Echo redside zones.

Of course, that could be easily fixed making an Echo Halloween: Peregrine Island and an Echo Halloween: Grandville pair of zones ... but I'm not sure if doing that is within the capability of the dev team (it might be, but I have no way of knowing for sure).  One of those things that's easy to SAY in a post, but perhaps not so easy to DO in implementation in the game engine.

• Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Echo: Dark Astoria is accessible from redside.

Having a week or two of Halloween in spring or Christmas in July sounds fun, but I'm not necessarily a fan of the idea of leaving events on permanently. Part of what makes the events special is their limited availability. I wonder if participation would suffer during an event's typical window if folks know they can just run the content at their leisure at any time of year. The former would likely be less taxing on the HC team as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 3/28/2020 at 6:08 AM, Redlynne said:

The only reason NOT to put a permanent Halloween event into one of the existing Echo zones is that all of the Echo zones are blueside.  To my knowledge, there are no existing Echo redside zones.

Of course, that could be easily fixed making an Echo Halloween: Peregrine Island and an Echo Halloween: Grandville pair of zones ... but I'm not sure if doing that is within the capability of the dev team (it might be, but I have no way of knowing for sure).  One of those things that's easy to SAY in a post, but perhaps not so easy to DO in implementation in the game engine.

Not only is this suggestion easy to say, it's easy for me to quote and say that I am a +1 on this.  Of course, that still doesn't make it easy to implement.  But still +1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting