Ice Melee > Ice Patch

Troo

Please allow Ice Patch to be enhance-able with IO and ATO sets.

It seems like it should allow Slow & Knockdown enhancements.

Ice Patch

Location (PBAoE), Foe Knockdown, -SPD, -Jump

• Like 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I would rather see it do a DoT or something. It's an auto hit ability though, so being able to slot it for anything other than recharge will force players to have to use more precious slotting choices to allow for accuracy, recharge, end reduct, KB/Damage and maybe even a KB to KD enhancement. 

My Ice/Ice Tank is already an insanely tight build and I simply wouldn't be able to slot it this way.

If it were up to me, I would rather see it get an auto hit -5% Accuracy Debuff, especially since the power is useless against AV's and EB's.

But please, don't require it to need actual slotting to make it useful. Don't do that to me, man.  😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Troo said:

Please allow Ice Patch to be enhance-able with IO and ATO sets.

It seems like it should allow Slow & Knockdown enhancements.

Slow sets = yes

Knockdown sets = yes

ATO sets = no

Note that being able to slot Slow and Knockdown sets into Ice Patch would make the Impeded Swiftness and Explosive Strike procs for Smashing damage available, in addition to Pacing of the Turtle (and Force Feedback, but seriously, who would ever slot that into Ice Patch?) ... all of which would be thematic and appropriate to put into Ice Patch (fall down, take smashing damage and debuff recharge? works for me!).

ATOs however are (usually) DAMAGE sets, and Ice Patch is not a damage power, so I'm a NO vote on adding those sets, or the Universal Damage set to Ice Patch.

• Thanks 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 3/29/2020 at 9:55 AM, ArchVileTerror said:

Yeah.  I think they should get around to making -every- Power IO'able.

Maybe this will happen when Energy Melee is reverted.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

• 2 months later

starts chant "Page 6", "Page 6", "Page 6"...

Edited by Troo

On 3/29/2020 at 4:07 PM, Solarverse said:

But please, don't require it to need actual slotting to make it useful. Don't do that to me, man.  😞

You could just..... slot it the same anyways?  Don't change a darn thing no matter what is permitted?  🙂

I know.... I know.... and in THEORY, I could walk past an open cabinet without closing it..... in practice.... not so much.  

image.png.e93e79c39043a1961fbb7c1ab9b81833.png

• Haha 4

• 1 year later
On 6/23/2020 at 9:54 PM, Psyonico said:

There's no such thing as a "Knockdown" set.  If you were to slot "Knockback" sets into it, anything other than procs would have mobs being knocked out of the patch.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume this is all about procs.

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2020 at 7:54 PM, Psyonico said:

There's no such thing as a "Knockdown" set.  If you were to slot "Knockback" sets into it, anything other than procs would have mobs being knocked out of the patch.

The Sudden Acceleration and Overwhelming Force sets have procs that gimp the KB magnitude, converting KB to KD. You'd need to slot one of them if you had other KB enhancements to make sure you weren't hurling mobs out of the patch.

• 3 years later