Why is seeded salvage increasing in price?

Alpha Man

1 hour ago, Peacemoon said:

Now I'm high level, not many of the recipes are worth crafting over just selling the level 50 mats and recipes individually. There are a few level 50 recipes which don't require rare salvage that have been worth it, or something like LotG, but otherwise the time I spend crafting and selling would usually be better just mass killing.

During the day time I just AFK farm on my fire brute all day when I'm working with my laptop (work laptop on monitor 1, gaming rig on monitor 2). I usually vendor trash almost everything because I can't be bothered to sort through all the trash drops. What I DO keep, and I just dump it on the auction house vault to craft/sell at the end of the day are: Rare Salvage and IO recipes that are worth 5mill+ After a while you get a good idea at what is worth something and what isn't.
Anything with Gladiator in the name should go for 10 mill+, Experienced Marksman, LoTG, Panacea, Aegis and a few others.
The only converting I do is to convert some purple recipes that aren't worth as much into others that are

38 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

After a while you get a good idea at what is worth something and what isn't.

It's interesting how the definition of "worth something" depends very heavily on what content you play and personal taste. I mostly do missions of one kind or another and sell just about everything in the AH. It gives me a nice change of pace before going off to do a few more missions.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

It's interesting how the definition of "worth something" depends very heavily on what content you play and personal taste.

Selling recipes that are worth 1-1.5 mill when it costs 1+ mill in mats, crafter fees and AH fees is not worth the time to bother with it. Why would I waste my time painstakingly putting up yellow and white salvage for peanuts when I can go and kill mobs in a fire farm. I make 100x the amount I would make wasting my time putting that trash up on the market by just killing more stuff in the farm map Is why I vendor 95% of what i get

Edited by Seigmoraig

42 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

Why would I waste my time painstakingly putting up yellow and white salvage for peanuts when I can go and kill mobs in a fire farm. 

Why not do both?  It usually takes me about 30 seconds to clear out a full stash of salvage, and for me, those peanuts add up over time.

Who run Bartertown?

What we need are improvements to the AH and crafting, salvage costs aside 500k to craft standard L50 IOs is excessive. For Sets, sure, but standard IOs cost for crafting should be halved. Stacks should be increased to 99 for selling/buying, along with a 1-click button to dump all of your common salvage and/or recipes on the market. In SWToR, you could have your minion take all of your "trash" and sell it, we need something that makes selling your undesirables just as easy.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

4 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

What we need are improvements to the AH and crafting, salvage costs aside 500k to craft standard L50 IOs is excessive. For Sets, sure, but standard IOs cost for crafting should be halved. Stacks should be increased to 99 for selling/buying, along with a 1-click button to dump all of your common salvage and/or recipes on the market. In SWToR, you could have your minion take all of your "trash" and sell it, we need something that makes selling your undesirables just as easy.

I agree with everything except for cutting the price to craft level 50 IOs.  That was meant to be an Inf sink, and we need Inf sinks to counter inflation.

• Like 3

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

8 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

I agree with everything except for cutting the price to craft level 50 IOs.  That was meant to be an Inf sink, and we need Inf sinks to counter inflation.

Maybe for standard level 50 IOs as sometimes a level 50 recharge simply is the best enhance you can get.

However because of the way the market pools enhancements, it really makes crafting level 50 set enhancements quite punitive, to the point its hardly worth bothering.  You might as well craft the level 20-30 version for a fraction of the price, and someone can simply buy that as a level 50 enhancement, or attuned enhancement. Basically low levels can craft the same items for much cheaper, so they become our 'cheap workers'  who drive down costs, that higher levels can't compete with. Other than to supply the recipes - but even they often sell on the AH for lower than the price you get from a vendor (no idea why?). Maybe this all works well in a roundabout way? But took me a while to get my head around it. 

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

5 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

Perhaps a sliding scale then? I can see maybe 350k at the top not being so off-putting, especially for folks that don't make tonnes of inf through fire farms/marketeering.

Granted, you can bite the bullet and craft towards memorization, that halves the costs.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Just now, Oubliette_Red said:

Perhaps a sliding scale then? I can see maybe 350k at the top not being so off-putting, especially for folks that don't make tonnes of inf through fire farms/marketeering.

Granted, you can bite the bullet and craft towards memorization, that halves the costs.

Are standard IOs pooled? As in, if player x is selling a level 25 recharge enhancement, can player y buy it as a level 50?

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

4 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

Are standard IOs pooled? As in, if player x is selling a level 25 recharge enhancement, can player y buy it as a level 50?

I do not believe so, I think they are set at 5 level increments. Crafting a L45 is half the cost of a L50 and the % of the boost from 45 to 50 is pretty slim, usually only a couple of percentage points.

I'm talking about costs for standard IOs, not Set IOs.

I just looked on the AH and Standard IOs crafting costs for a L50 range from about 180k-465k depending, obviously recipes for Damage and Acc and the like are at the top of the scale. I think it odd that they all do not have the same cost based on level.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

Maybe for standard level 50 IOs as sometimes a level 50 recharge simply is the best enhance you can get.

However because of the way the market pools enhancements, it really makes crafting level 50 set enhancements quite punitive, to the point its hardly worth bothering. 

I agree that crafting lvl 50 recipes is supposed to be an Inf sink, and I can live with it. I actually always craft my lvl 50 (uncommon, PVP, Purple) recipes and even craft the odd rares that accumulate (I have those turned off from dropping, but the game demands I still occasionally get them!). I find that vendoring the common recipe drops (@ lvl 50, they average around 100K each) more than covers the cost of crafting all the non-common drops, so it doesn't feel punitive to me.

7 hours ago, Peacemoon said:

Basically low levels can craft the same items for much cheaper, so they become our 'cheap workers'  who drive down costs, that higher levels can't compete with. 

This is actually a deliberate part of the AH set-up on HC, intended to help move inf from high-level characters to low-level ones. 

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

8 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

What we need are improvements to the AH and crafting, salvage costs aside 500k to craft standard L50 IOs is excessive. For Sets, sure, but standard IOs cost for crafting should be halved.

THey are ... once you've memorized them. 🙂

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.