"Chance to heal" procs affected by bonuses

macskull

The heal from the Panacea proc and the heal from the new Power Transfer proc (and I also assume the Call of the Sandman and Entropic Chaos procs but haven't had a chance to test those) have two issues:

1. The heal from these procs is not flagged to ignore enhancements and buffs so powers like Field Medic and Incandescence can affect the heal.
  2. The heal is a fixed percentage of base HP, not max HP, even though the IO description says "max life." Contrast that with the +end procs which give you a percentage of your max endurance.
  3. (Surprise third point!) Panacea's heal ignores AT scales and heals for a fixed value instead of a percentage (though this may be working as intended but I have no way of knowing this).
  4. Panacea spams the "healing given" channel when the proc fires on the caster. Power Transfer doesn't. The heal correctly shows up in the "healing received" channel for both though.

Additionally, the info text for the Panacea proc still incorrectly states that the heal portion is +regen in a PvP environment (and multiple powers in Nature Affinity, Pain Domination, and Time Manipulation still do +regen in PvP instead of the correct heal-over-time).

Edited by macskull
  • Like 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 4/5/2020 at 6:15 PM, macskull said:

(Surprise third point!) Panacea's heal ignores AT scales and heals for a fixed value instead of a percentage (though this may be working as intended but I have no way of knowing this).

Actually, I'm getting even weirder results than this.

Tank (L50, highest base HP) = 64.58 HP heal (3.45%)

Dominator (L50, lowest base HP) = 78.93 HP heal (~7.7%)

edit:  Defender (L50) = 89.69, as noted in my post below, this looks to be using the AT Heal Other modifier.

So, this means my results conflict with the original point three.

Edited by Caulderone

18 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

Actually, I'm getting even weirder results than this.

Tank (L50, highest base HP) = 64.58 HP heal (3.45%)

Dominator (L50, lowest base HP) = 78.93 HP heal (~7.7%)

Yow!  Is that with Panacea?  That's nutty.  

Here's my math from the thread in the Tanker forum.  Base HP for a tanker is 1874.1.  My actual healing totals are:

Panacea is healing for 64.58.

Power Transfer is healing for 93.7.

1874.1 * .0345 = 64.7

Panacea is healing somewhere around 3.45% of Tanker base HP.

1874.1 * .05 = 93.7

PT:Heal is healing 5% of Tanker base HP.

Thanks for pointing me here Caulderone!

Edited by Sura
better formatting

I'm not sure which Dev we should ping about these oddities.

(edit: removed unnecessary ping) seemed to have done the most work on the new IO Sets, so I'm guessing they are working with IOs the most?

Panacea seems to be all wacky, at the least.

Edited by Caulderone

Check the global heal set bonuses in the respective builds.  Might be a factor there, in addition to other healing enhancement slotted into the power(s) themselves with these procs.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

8 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Check the global heal set bonuses in the respective builds.  Might be a factor there, in addition to other healing enhancement slotted into the power(s) themselves with these procs.

The 2 builds I did on Beta (tank,dom) only had the single Panacea and PT procs slotted, literally nothing else.  No powers were taken that should modify healing, and no set bonuses were present.

3 minutes ago, GM Arcanum said:

Posting a thread in the Bug Reports channel is sufficient!

The dev team is constantly reviewing this channel for any reports listed!

Ah, my apologies then.  Thanks for the note.

1 minute ago, Caulderone said:

The 2 builds I did on Beta (tank,dom) only had the single Panacea and PT procs slotted, literally nothing else.  No powers were taken that should modify healing, and no set bonuses were present.

Did you have Domination clicked on when you did the test?  If Domination adds a global healing buff ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 4/5/2020 at 4:15 PM, macskull said:

The heal from the Panacea proc and the heal from the new Power Transfer proc (and I also assume the Call of the Sandman and Entropic Chaos procs but haven't had a chance to test those) have two issues:

The heal is a fixed percentage of base HP, not max HP, even though the IO description says "max life." Contrast that with the +end procs which give you a percentage of your max endurance.

Aren't all heals (which acts very different from regen) based on base HP?  I know things like siphon life don't go up when I get +hp bonuses.  Not sure that isn't working as intended and more likely a description text oversight imo.  Would be happy to be wrong (and have siphon life buffed to be based on current max HP to be consistent then) 😀

Edit:  Actually, unless I'm somehow missing it,  I don't see anywhere in the IO description where it says "max life", it only says "heal the target of the power for a small bonus amount"

On 4/5/2020 at 4:15 PM, macskull said:

Surprise third point!) Panacea's heal ignores AT scales and heals for a fixed value instead of a percentage (though this may be working as intended but I have no way of knowing this).

That one I find more weird.  I noticed this the other day when I saw a tank with the healing # of 65 floating over his head and realized it was the same 65 my stalker was getting.  May also be working as intended, but seems like it'd make more sense to be AT scaled/based on base hps as other heals are.

Edited by Riverdusk

@Boppernoted in the tank thread that maybe Panacea is using AT heal scale.  I swear this used to be a flat 7.5%, but upon searching, I can find nothing to back up my memory.  I found an old thread from July 2019 where someone said they were pretty sure Panacea's heal varied by AT.

I made a defender on Test and the Panacea heal is 89.69.

Looking on paragonwiki, the self heal scale for Tanker (187.407) and Dominator/Defender (101.735) is vastly different, so that isn't what is being used.  Looking at the Heal Other scale, it is 96.381 (tank), 117.799 (dom), and 133.862 (defender).  That could be what the Panacea heal is using.

32 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

That one I find more weird.  I noticed this the other day when I saw a tank with the healing # of 65 floating over his head and realized it was the same 65 my stalker was getting.

The stalker heal other scale is the same as the tanker, so that then looks to verify that Panacea's self heal is using the Heal Other AT scale.

Edit:  I found another old thread that pointed out that Panacea's Heal will heal the "target" of a heal it is put into, and was designed to do so.  That would explain why it uses Heal Other scale.  And, it means my memory of Panacea being a flat 7.5% heal must just be faulty.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

@Boppernoted in the tank thread that maybe Panacea is using AT heal scale.  I swear this used to be a flat 7.5%, but upon searching, I can find nothing to back up my memory.  I found an old thread from July 2019 where someone said they were pretty sure Panacea's heal varied by AT.

I made a defender on Test and the Panacea heal is 89.69.

Looking on paragonwiki, the self heal scale for Tanker (187.407) and Dominator/Defender (101.735) is vastly different, so that isn't what is being used.  Looking at the Heal Other scale, it is 96.381 (tank), 117.799 (dom), and 133.862 (defender).  That could be what the Panacea heal is using.

The stalker heal other scale is the same as the tanker, so that then looks to verify that Panacea's self heal is using the Heal Other AT scale.

Edit:  I found another old thread that pointed out that Panacea's Heal will heal the "target" of a heal it is put into, and was designed to do so.  That would explain why it uses Heal Other scale.  And, it means my memory of Panacea being a flat 7.5% heal must just be faulty.

Thanks for tracking this. I made mention of it late last night and was gonna look into it in detail today but glad I don't have to now. I have used Panacea in heal others and it is great (Electric Affinity is perfect for it), so I'm not surprised it is using that modifier.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

2 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

Edit:  Actually, unless I'm somehow missing it,  I don't see anywhere in the IO description where it says "max life", it only says "heal the target of the power for a small bonus amount"

The non-Panacea heal procs say "max life." I suppose Panacea's wording makes sense considering it's a little different than the rest of the heal procs in that it can be slotted in heal powers and won't always necessarily be affecting the caster. That being said, this leaves a few issues:

1. The heal values of any of the heal procs are probably not supposed to be affected by +/- heal.
  2. Either the non-Panacea heal procs should be scaling with max health per the IO description or the IO description is wrong and should say "base HP" and not "max life."
  3. The +end procs (Performance Shifter, Panacea, and Scourging Blast in both regular and superior flavors) scale the end bonus off the target's max endurance and I don't see any reason why the same shouldn't be true for the non-Panacea heal procs considering they are a low, unenhanceable value or the behavior of the +end procs is inconsistent and should be based off base endurance or +HP and +end procs are just two different beasts for reasons that aren't even remotely clear.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube