How should I use the 5 free dmg/rech +Proc enhancements?

DougGraves

I just found about the free enhancements from the p2w vendor yesterday when someone mentioned them.  I normally just do regular IOs so I don't really know how procs work.  I don't want to know how procs work.  What I want to know is how much it matters where I put these. 

1. Does the proc chance apply to each target so I should use it in a big AOE or does it take that into effect so using it in a single target attack is just as good? 
  2. Does the amount of damage from these really matter so putting it into a tanker damage aura makes sense, or is it just a bonus and I should make sure I am getting the benefit of the recharge?
  3. Does the recharge of the power matter or if I use it whenever it is up I have the same chance to proc in a minute with a fast power and a slow power, or is one better?

Basically assume I have 3 single target melee attacks that do more damage as their recharge increases, a longer duration AoE, and a damage aura - which one is best to put the procs ?

The procs only work until lvl 22. After that all they are DO level dam/rech enhancements, the proc aspects stop working. They are just something to help with slotting while leveling, not "end game" enhancements like IO sets are.

• Like 1

Hello, my name is Ynaught and I am an altaholic.

I typically put one on Brawl, and the other four into my first and second attacks. 

The ones in powerset attacks get replaced as soon as something better comes down the pipe. I still have this in Brawl in many level 50s.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Don't worry about trying to maximize the proc potential, because as was written they stop working (as procs) above lvl 22. I usually just drop them into the first couple of attacks as soon as I have slots. If you want to 'move' them, I assume you can just overwrite the original ones with some other drop and pick up a new one from P2W.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ynaught said:

The procs only work until lvl 22. After that all they are DO level dam/rech enhancements, the proc aspects stop working. They are just something to help with slotting while leveling, not "end game" enhancements like IO sets are.

Thank you for this.  That changes a lot.

I almost always take Air Superiority and put 3 of these in that so I can perm-knock down a single target.  And then I put the other two in attacks either the t1 or t2 attacks that will give me an attack up all the time (and use brawl sometimes if needed).  This usually gives me an attack chain I use up through level 22 when I implement a full build.

The procs I consider just bonus.  If they go off and do damage, great... but the recharge is what I'm looking for.  And the fact that you don't out-level them since they act like attuned IOs.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Correction: the procs stop working at 21.

Overwriting: easy. Because these are free, I occasionally buy 2 of each. That way as I level up, I can rotate which powers get them.

Knockdown proc: can work multiple times, which is why I try to put it in aoe. I'm sure that makes it proc less but I love it when I see everyone fall down when I hit them with an aoe immobilize. If I have a damage aura, I put it there instead.

On 4/28/2020 at 12:59 PM, Heraclea said:

I typically put one on Brawl, and the other four into my first and second attacks. 

The ones in powerset attacks get replaced as soon as something better comes down the pipe. I still have this in Brawl in many level 50s.

Wait, you use Brawl on level 50 characters ?

I usually just buy the p2w attack powers at level 1, remove brawl from my bar and forget it exists until i make a new character and have to take it off of his bar.

Edited by Seigmoraig

2 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

Wait, you use Brawl on level 50 characters ?

I usually just buy the p2w attack powers at level 1, remove brawl from my bar and forget it exists until i make a new character and have to take it off of his bar.

I very seldom use Brawl on levelling characters. 

I occasionally use Brawl on non-Torchbearer characters, where getting resources to them is a bit more cumbersome.  On a tanker slotted only with SOs and generics, there will be many stretches of combat where you're swapping between Taunt and Brawl while waiting for endurance to come back.  They at least give you something to do.  A scaling DO enhancement that's free is good enough for Brawl in those situations. 

Better than slotting Brawl with something that costs salvage and inf. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 4/28/2020 at 12:59 PM, Heraclea said:

This.  And, specifically, the one I put in Brawl is the one with chance for knockdown because I find it entertaining when it works.  🙂

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

6 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

Holy cow. I thought the whole enhancement stopped working at 22. But it's just the proc that stops?

Very interesting....

Not only that, but if the numbers the game shows are accurate, they provide better enhancement value for dmg/rch than anything else you can slot for a good while past when the proc stops working.  I tend to keep them around for quite a while.  When attuned IOs start to catch up is when I think about finally replacing them.  I'm not sure when that is.  Somewhere in the 30s maybe?

I do tend to try to slot them in longer-recharge powers both to maximize proc chances but also because they provide so much better recharge reduction than anything else available at the level.  Give me a much snappier attack chain.

• Like 2