TA/Arch - DEF/COR/Blaster

CantgetRight

10 hours ago, Psyonico said:

I'm going to stop you right there.  Flash Arrow does not stack from the same caster.

2 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

As it's not a new power set I'd probably check Mids' .  It should indicate if the power does not stack from the same user

2 hours ago, LordScrod said:

Where is your information coming from?

Flash Arrow

• PvEUnresistibleStacking-90% PerceptionRadius for 60s
  • PvEUnresistibleStacking-6.25% ToHit for 60s

Neither effect stacks from same caster.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

1 hour ago, LordScrod said:

Well there you go!

Thanks for looking at that. I'll edit my post later this evening when I'm back at the computer.

Even more thoroughly complete information can be found HERE.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 4/29/2020 at 5:47 AM, CantgetRight said:

So, I need some help.

The best advice I can give you is to wear sunscreen. Anything else I tell you would be my own meandering experiences.

Ignore what others say and play what you find fun. If you've got a build chugging along and something feels off or it's not clicking, don't feel bad about stepping away (or even potentially pulling the plug). What I can tell you about TA/A from a Defender aspect however is that it gets better and is strong enough on its own merits. It can solo an AV, clear mobs at a reasonable speed. It may not go running around at +4/8 Solo, but truthfully not every build can do that. I can hold my own in Incarnate content, and contribute to the orange number buffet like nobody's business. Wander through this thread to gather some knowledge about build experimenting with Defender sets and a little bit about this whole "proc" business.

One thing about TA/A for a Defender/Corruptor is that it takes time before you get that key defensive shield (Scorpion/Ice/Stone) for that S/L Defense before you have a good protective cornerstone. Up to that point you've got to rely on manipulating Flash/Glue/Poison Arrows for their debuffs, but even still it may feel a bit off as Defenders don't dish out a ton of immediate damage that feels "good enough" in some cases. What I can tell you is that if you focus on teaming (even just duoing) with the Trick Arrow, you'll be able to greatly multiply team effectiveness with just Acid and Disruption Arrows -Res. I can say that TA/A isn't necessarily the easiest to wing through and has some learning curve to really get its stride right.

For what it's worth, this is my 50 build:

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Trick Arrow
Secondary Power Set: Archery
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flash Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Snap Shot -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 2: Aimed Shot -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(19)
Level 4: Fistful of Arrows -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(46), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(48), PstBls-Dam%(48), Rgn-Knock%(50)
Level 6: Ice Arrow -- GldNet-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(7), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(7), NrnSht-Dam%(9), ImpSwf-Dam%(9), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/EndRdx(11)
Level 8: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 10: Blazing Arrow -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg(19), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Dam%(37), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 12: Acid Arrow -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(37), TchofLadG-%Dam(40), PstBls-Dam%(42), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(50)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(15), GldArm-End/Res(15), GldArm-3defTpProc(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31)
Level 16: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(17)
Level 18: Disruption Arrow -- EndRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 20: Explosive Arrow -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(21), PstBls-Dam%(21), JvlVll-Dam%(27), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(27), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(23), ShlWal-Def(25)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Oil Slick Arrow -- PstBls-Dam%(A), RechRdx-I(45), TchofLadG-%Dam(46), Dmg-I(46)
Level 28: Ranged Shot -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), StnoftheM-Dam%(33), GldJvl-Dam%(33), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx(33)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(31), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(43)
Level 32: EMP Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(43), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(45)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), ShlWal-Def(36)
Level 38: Rain of Arrows -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Dmg(39), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(40), PstBls-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
Level 47: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 49: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(5)
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon
Level 1: Quick Form
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1486;712;1424;HEX;|
		|78DA6594496F126118C7DF1986566829A51B2D94B6D05628CB9469A91E4DED62E86|
		|21A355E098129A015C840A31E3DF80534A6EE4B34462F1E6C6DBDFA01BCB91DBC78|
		|309E5CBE013ECCFF81366112F8F1FEDF67F9BFCF0CB37E6DB1F3CD991BA784D4B5B|
		|095AE54528BFAA65ECCEA86753D9D2B6444FD6AA7CF50434F9DDEDEDC542F1885CC|
		|E5D4BC6194AEBA9B3BE7D2C59C9E55E78D4C5E37AEBB9245825EACAA8D1F8E8D526|
		|94B5D2EE4F2D54231673757E7CBBA9E759A3FD7F43455A9E40BE5CEC6BA4C71DEA5|
		|7221A32E940C63BB5C2D19A9F57446A7AF4A957A0C92B3207D6ECB82AF9A101E82A|
		|68807879A2CE614539BD2C070027C48311262ACD25B8BA929BBA07D0FEC7CC7DC07|
		|7B0EC047946BE15CCB017AC676C1E93DE63EF33DA89D944DDE215839D7BA847A6D4|
		|9ECB55D914C1E4B137DC497A0FD525DB709B91D77A47ED6763EEB634AB5713D5B1C|
		|757AA2A03FC654C1098D1945DF1D5A76706EC72F68131F48EC5544F02362A71AFE7|
		|F625FE3735AC888C31C604D714C63AF2BCED4C0EE1970C48D733CA1924EF4939C11|
		|619EA9FB35FADC25B878CFE5C7DE14C73CAD5B422F6B2FCFBB8FE7DCC7FE3C01F4F|
		|2FC00FD375157219FFDC8B5F4F763BE0349C40C2C83832B608062DD8895DC11D41D|
		|64DEA37243F06719E29E51F617E359C57CB4F6D9C4335A7A79AEDE389EB7E119E62|
		|C38F60935C6F85E8CBD402D1779F0B15F1FFB1D619F23EC3BBC0ADEA73EA3EC69F4|
		|9B6CCE38FC198C7E657E01CB9412E0BA01AE3B6ED6B589F12493E7F09C5226D9FFE|
		|4099CEDF80C7396990083734C9E490FF90FA18F08F17DEC252DC25AE4958C5EA4A9|
		|FC2CABDF516380B438C7C5D9E3B072E4FF5DA34B845B94788BA2B528B32D4AA2455|
		|96B51CED61538AA6D28CD378690CC5D5B77F33D50FB6DA75DF62EC5308BBF879A2C|
		|F9315BF922CE25AF10838AF873342F84BC7F879A24DDC2BC941D7E9EDD0476B41A6|
		|EFAADFD0757F0E4B8|

• Like 3

On Flash Arrow, my understanding of it was that it was always a situational -perception aggro management tool rather than a battle-hardened -tohit staple debuff. 

Like an AoE sleep, it was the power you wanted to use on a mob close to the one your team was piling into so you kept them from getting aggro’d too. 

Not that it matters in endgame content now with IOs and incarnate boosted toons happy to aggro a whole map because they know they won’t take a scratch, but back in the day it was very useful, situationally, and still can be during the level-grind now. 

• Like 2

I think there is some misinformation being pushed about Trick Arrow

It is one of the only sets that can keep up on a fast team. Disruption Arrow gets out super fast and makes a tangible difference. Oil slick is a really great power. Wish it cycled even faster, but if I was designing my dream debuff set it would be my tier 8 choice along with sleet. 

Flash arrow appears weak, but it can help a lot on some maps.

A team that thinks they need a healer is a bad fit for TA, but a team that is sort of doing ok and would like to start doing excellent, is a great fit for TA (and several other debuff sets).

If you hear someone say something like "it's rarely the first choice of power set from the standpoint of effective mechanics" that is more than likely because the team is running poorly and they may not even realize that they want a healor. Disruption arrow, oil slick and acid arrow are some of the most effective mechanics you can add to a stable team. 

Trick arrow is far from perfect though. It suffers from devs that thought 2 sources of -res could easily be overpowered (they werent wrong), but as such disruption+acid arrow is only 40% -res. Freezing rain from storm is 35%. Hopefully after the TA buffs it is closer to poison in its ability to apply a quick -65% res. 

Regarding archery, the single target is fine. Snipe and blazing arrow are right up there with anything. The person that says they aren't probably isn't a good enough player to make use of any difference in the other sets anyway. No rain of arrows isn't as potent as other nukes, but it is up every spawn. You should be able to get out a disruption+rain of arrows every spawn (if that is your combo). I don't think that is a meaningless contribution, quite the opposite in fact.

• Like 3

Some thoughts on TA/A defender:

1) In terms of AoE debuffs, it’s very hard to criticise it. Fast animations mean that within 5 seconds a mob’s damage, recharge, resistance, and defence are all severely reduced.

2) AoE damage is nice too with oil slick, Rain of Arrows, and explosive arrow (slotted with KB>KD IO) thrown in on top of the debuffed mob. 

3) It does lack for a little -Regen on AVs, but that can be helped by incarnate. The -resist and -damage is really effective in these fights though. 

4) You’re not going to be steamrolling big mobs solo, but a defender isn’t designed to do that. You’ll make others better around you though, which leads onto the caveat of...

5) The better your team is, the more effective you’ll be. Having someone happily using AoE knockback and scattering mobs all over will reduce your effectiveness, for example. Good controllers and blasters will make you better. 

6) Single target is surprisingly decent on archery. Ranged shot and blazing arrow are good attacks, and a procced-out Ice Arrow becomes better than both. That makes for three very decent ST attacks with quick recharge. 

7) You’re not going to get a great amount of love on a TA/A defender for two main reasons... a) although you’re doing A LOT, you aren’t necessarily seen to be doing much.  It’s not a flashy set, oil slick aside, so many won’t notice what you’re doing. And b) not enough players have actually played TA enough to genuinely appreciate it. 

8). IO’s can make TA/A, like all defenders, VERY survivable. Mine has capped S/L/E/R and with a single flash arrow the other categories get to the cap or very close to it too. 

9) TA/A always keeps you involved and engaged. Very little/no downtime on powers so your pace of play feels frantic, fluid, and fun. 

10) While you won’t be steamrolling +4/x8 solo missions, you absolutely CAN solo just fine. It’s a little slower and needs more thought than scrappers or brutes but that more cerebral demand is what makes defenders/support toons most fun for me anyway. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later
On 4/29/2020 at 2:14 PM, Braddack said:

here an Post from a Beginners Guide to Defenders:

Shadewe steps up to the podium, adjusts some papers, clears her throat, and looks at her audience with a calm, confident look of determination...

I'd like to take a moment to call to attention what I feel is the misunderstood nature of Trick Arrows.

I have seen now two people claim that it is "flawed", "broken", "tier 3"; I would like to say that I feel that this could not be further from the truth. Trick arrows does one thing, and one thing only; it debuffs. Dark miasma debuffs, but it also heals. Radiation debuffs, but it also resurrects. Trick Arrows does not heal, it does not buff, it does not resurrect; it debuffs, and it does it very very well.

Right out of the gates you have flash arrow. As soon as you start playing, you can neuter your enemies ability to hit anything, making the prized "healer" nigh-useless. Right around the corner is glue; if you don't think glue is useful, ask your blaster and sentinel friends if it's useful having 10+ people all in one tight little bundle that can't move, and then watch as your capstone AoE goes to town on some unsuspecting people.

You might then say, "But Shadewe, what about big nasty bosses, elites, AV's and GM's? You don't have -regen as well as some other skills, you can't possibly do anything useful!" Nay I say, your usefulness is just beginning!

First off is your bread and butter, EMP arrow. EMP a targeted AoE, not PBAoE (safety first!) to both hold nearby minions and -regen the AV, which will buy you a little time while your acid arrow and disruption arrow get added on (oh, the debuffs!), making the offending target as soft as a marshmallow. By then, your precious DPSers and tank should have things firmly under control, and the day is saved.

You might then say, "But Shadewe, Trick Arrows can't do everything, thus it must be bad!" Nay I say, for they whom specialize at everything specialize at nothing.

Yes, there are sets that have more options than trick arrows; I'd argue that ALL primaries have at least as many options as Trick Arrows, for Trick Arrows does only one thing, but it does it very, very well; it debuffs. While others will argue that Trick Arrows is Tier 3 because it does not have multiple options, I counter that it is Tier 1 as its focus is unparalleled.

To further add, Trick Arrows is also the only (as far as I know) power set that gives you extra tricks up your sleeve! Do you like your Fulcrum Shift? One Oil Slick, divided a dozen times or so, and you have targets galore! Do you like extra damage? One Oil Slick with a fireball and you have damage galore! It even acts like a mini-dominatrix, mini-dominator, with Ice arrow and EMP keeping things nice and safe for your group so a silly empath doesn't have to!

I am not expecting this message to sway the masses; keep your Time, Empath, Dark Miasma, your Nature and Thermal! I send this message out to those whom keep an open mind that there is a better way! There are options out there besides "you must have healing in your group" (which, if I remember correctly, was the original point of this thread to begin with)!

If you're watching this thread and feel afraid to try Trick Arrows because others label it Tier 3, I will stand up and proudly say that I am playing Trick Arrows and that I love Trick Arrows! If you want to follow the crowd, your Empath or Time defender awaits. If you want to be different, to have fun, and to bring justice/terror to the world, a Trick Arrows build might be just what you're looking for!

Shadewe collects herself, nods to the crowd, and steps down from podium. She doesn't know if anyone will hear her words, but if even just one person might break out of their shell and try TA, then it will be worth it...

She's the brains, sweetheart.

Azrael.

Trick Arrow is a multiplier to its secondary.  Archery as a secondary is light on endurance with a fast early rotation and high accuracy.  If you have ever been mauled by Redcaps in Croatoa you know what this feels like.  Try running a Redcap mission on high difficulty.

The Sleep Arrow has -damage for 20 seconds on any foes you hit.  Flash Arrow has -to hit and Entangle and Glue Arrow stifle enemy recharge.  You can do serious damage in 20 seconds - which can defeat or cripple foes?

If you don't defeat them all?  Hit and fade.  Retreat around a corner or two whilst the enemy are wading through the glue.  Take a knee.  Pop a green.  Come back and hit them again.

Trick Arrow is a set to play smart with.  Not face tank.

• 4 weeks later
On 8/4/2020 at 2:53 PM, Tath99 said:

Trick Arrow is a multiplier to its secondary.  Archery as a secondary is light on endurance with a fast early rotation and high accuracy.  If you have ever been mauled by Redcaps in Croatoa you know what this feels like.  Try running a Redcap mission on high difficulty.

The Sleep Arrow has -damage for 20 seconds on any foes you hit.  Flash Arrow has -to hit and Entangle and Glue Arrow stifle enemy recharge.  You can do serious damage in 20 seconds - which can defeat or cripple foes?

If you don't defeat them all?  Hit and fade.  Retreat around a corner or two whilst the enemy are wading through the glue.  Take a knee.  Pop a green.  Come back and hit them again.

Trick Arrow is a set to play smart with.  Not face tank.

I concur.

Azrael.

• 4 weeks later
On 5/1/2020 at 6:56 AM, Sir Myshkin said:

The best advice I can give you is to wear sunscreen. Anything else I tell you would be my own meandering experiences.

Ignore what others say and play what you find fun. If you've got a build chugging along and something feels off or it's not clicking, don't feel bad about stepping away (or even potentially pulling the plug). What I can tell you about TA/A from a Defender aspect however is that it gets better and is strong enough on its own merits. It can solo an AV, clear mobs at a reasonable speed. It may not go running around at +4/8 Solo, but truthfully not every build can do that. I can hold my own in Incarnate content, and contribute to the orange number buffet like nobody's business. Wander through this thread to gather some knowledge about build experimenting with Defender sets and a little bit about this whole "proc" business.

One thing about TA/A for a Defender/Corruptor is that it takes time before you get that key defensive shield (Scorpion/Ice/Stone) for that S/L Defense before you have a good protective cornerstone. Up to that point you've got to rely on manipulating Flash/Glue/Poison Arrows for their debuffs, but even still it may feel a bit off as Defenders don't dish out a ton of immediate damage that feels "good enough" in some cases. What I can tell you is that if you focus on teaming (even just duoing) with the Trick Arrow, you'll be able to greatly multiply team effectiveness with just Acid and Disruption Arrows -Res. I can say that TA/A isn't necessarily the easiest to wing through and has some learning curve to really get its stride right.

Reveal hidden contents

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Defender

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flash Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Snap Shot -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 2: Aimed Shot -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(19)
Level 4: Fistful of Arrows -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(46), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(48), PstBls-Dam%(48), Rgn-Knock%(50)
Level 6: Ice Arrow -- GldNet-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(7), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(7), NrnSht-Dam%(9), ImpSwf-Dam%(9), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/EndRdx(11)
Level 10: Blazing Arrow -- Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dmg(19), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Dam%(37), GldJvl-Dam%(37)
Level 12: Acid Arrow -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(37), TchofLadG-%Dam(40), PstBls-Dam%(42), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(50)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(15), GldArm-End/Res(15), GldArm-3defTpProc(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31)
Level 16: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(17)
Level 20: Explosive Arrow -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(21), PstBls-Dam%(21), JvlVll-Dam%(27), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(27), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(23), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(23), ShlWal-Def(25)
Level 26: Oil Slick Arrow -- PstBls-Dam%(A), RechRdx-I(45), TchofLadG-%Dam(46), Dmg-I(46)
Level 28: Ranged Shot -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), StnoftheM-Dam%(33), GldJvl-Dam%(33), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx(33)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(31), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(43)
Level 32: EMP Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(43), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(45)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), ShlWal-Def(36)
Level 38: Rain of Arrows -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Dmg(39), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(40), PstBls-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A)
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|MxDz;1486;712;1424;HEX;|
		|78DA6594496F126118C7DF1986566829A51B2D94B6D05628CB9469A91E4DED62E86|
		|21A355E098129A015C840A31E3DF80534A6EE4B34462F1E6C6DBDFA01BCB91DBC78|
		|309E5CBE013ECCFF81366112F8F1FEDF67F9BFCF0CB37E6DB1F3CD991BA784D4B5B|
		|095AE54528BFAA65ECCEA86753D9D2B6444FD6AA7CF50434F9DDEDEDC542F1885CC|
		|E5D4BC6194AEBA9B3BE7D2C59C9E55E78D4C5E37AEBB9245825EACAA8D1F8E8D526|
		|94B5D2EE4F2D54231673757E7CBBA9E759A3FD7F43455A9E40BE5CEC6BA4C71DEA5|
		|7221A32E940C63BB5C2D19A9F57446A7AF4A957A0C92B3207D6ECB82AF9A101E82A|
		|68807879A2CE614539BD2C070027C48311262ACD25B8BA929BBA07D0FEC7CC7DC07|
		|7B0EC047946BE15CCB017AC676C1E93DE63EF33DA89D944DDE215839D7BA847A6D4|
		|9ECB55D914C1E4B137DC497A0FD525DB709B91D77A47ED6763EEB634AB5713D5B1C|
		|757AA2A03FC654C1098D1945DF1D5A76706EC72F68131F48EC5544F02362A71AFE7|
		|F625FE3735AC888C31C604D714C63AF2BCED4C0EE1970C48D733CA1924EF4939C11|
		|619EA9FB35FADC25B878CFE5C7DE14C73CAD5B422F6B2FCFBB8FE7DCC7FE3C01F4F|
		|2FC00FD375157219FFDC8B5F4F763BE0349C40C2C83832B608062DD8895DC11D41D|
		|64DEA37243F06719E29E51F617E359C57CB4F6D9C4335A7A79AEDE389EB7E119E62|
		|C38F60935C6F85E8CBD402D1779F0B15F1FFB1D619F23EC3BBC0ADEA73EA3EC69F4|
		|9B6CCE38FC198C7E657E01CB9412E0BA01AE3B6ED6B589F12493E7F09C5226D9FFE|
		|4099CEDF80C7396990083734C9E490FF90FA18F08F17DEC252DC25AE4958C5EA4A9|
		|FC2CABDF516380B438C7C5D9E3B072E4FF5DA34B845B94788BA2B528B32D4AA2455|
		|96B51CED61538AA6D28CD378690CC5D5B77F33D50FB6DA75DF62EC5308BBF879A2C|
		|F9315BF922CE25AF10838AF873342F84BC7F879A24DDC2BC941D7E9EDD0476B41A6|
		|EFAADFD0757F0E4B8|

Is it worth taking the Scorpion Shield for a Tricks Arrow?

Context.  My Duo Partner and myself are running two Tricks Arrows.  So our debuffs stack(?) and we control the battlefield by debuff.  Flash, Gas and Glue and we 'moider' the mobs.

We have Manoeuvres, Stealth, Flash Arrow and CJ.  Man's stacks.

We're at L37.  We don't have Fighting.  We don't have Scorpion shield.

Our defence together (side by side) is 21% ish.  It's not bad.  But I don't think we're maximised in this area.  We're getting hit more (as I suspected we would as we approached the mid-30s to late 30s with the 40s to come.)

Advice welcome.

Regards,

Azrael.

7 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

Advice welcome

Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer:

You have a few key elements of anti-support in Trick Arrow like -ToHit, -Dam, which are effectively reverse Def and Res respectively, but not necessarily enough, and (currently) can be resisted. The biggest way you can support each character would be to get some defensive values into that 45% range (S/L/En). That alone will tremendously boost survival of each. Whether you do that with dual Maneuvers, the Fighting Pool, Scorpion Shield, set bonuses that’s your call and n those builds. Scorpion Shield will definitely be the easier choice to get there though.

Also, I hear pray tell a buff may be coming to Trick Arrow per the announcement yesterday.

15 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer:

You have a few key elements of anti-support in Trick Arrow like -ToHit, -Dam, which are effectively reverse Def and Res respectively, but not necessarily enough, and (currently) can be resisted. The biggest way you can support each character would be to get some defensive values into that 45% range (S/L/En). That alone will tremendously boost survival of each. Whether you do that with dual Maneuvers, the Fighting Pool, Scorpion Shield, set bonuses that’s your call and n those builds. Scorpion Shield will definitely be the easier choice to get there though.

Also, I hear pray tell a buff may be coming to Trick Arrow per the announcement yesterday.

Thank you for your reply.

We've gone for the 'Offender' approach because things like Tactics/Assault and Man's can stack.

Our last three picks have been Victory Rush...EMP and Stun.  

But we don't have hasten, aim or the ice hold.

I think the biggest single flaw in our builds is the lack of significant defence.  We can't complain about getting hit and knocked back if we don't have the defence to quash most of that.

And our biggest vulnerability is the exposure to melee aggro'.

Eg.  Man's is nice.  But it's nowhere near Weave's 8%.  Or Scorpion Shield's 17% -21% (I noted from your build?)

Leaving 28-30% defence on table for characters that can't heal seems to be questionable.  And we don't have a big pile of hit points to play with.  Though once we lay down the Flash and Gas you wouldn't notice.  Tricks is an imperious battlefield debuffer.

Scorpion shield not only covers smashing and lethal (most common damage type?) but also Energy as well which is fairly common too.  And with some toxic resistance?

(We weren't overly convinced about having any epic powers...and focusing on debuffs and attacks of the Trick/Arrows build....but if I had to pick one epic...it would be the Scorpion Shield...for the reasons outlined...)

If you added 20% on top of our 21% shared (16% single player) through Man's stacking...that would give us 41% near the cap.  And Fighting pool would definitely see us at the cap with Weave adding to the other positions as well.

Note.  We're SO 'old school' builds until L50 (a challenge we set ourselves...) with the only exceptions being the AT sets of which we're fitting both as we go.  

If we take Scorpion and Fighting (we'll be taking RoArrows at 38, ofc...) that 'us' up to L50.  This means we miss out on Aim, Hasten to boost burst damage and Speed up the cool downs.  Though we can address some recharge capability through SO recharges in power.  And most things come around reasonably fast with one or two laggards on a mob to mob basis.  It might be the case that we take the Scorpion shield and look at AIM/Hasten and maybe the Ice Hold.  But that's something we'll chat about as a DUO.

I'm not so enamoured by EMP because having spent 31 levels trying to negotiate a stamina 'neurtral' build EMP torpedoes your end for 15 seconds.  Maybe something that could be mitigated by putting a few end reds in there.  At the moment it's an 'oh crepe' power for me until I can spare the slots to go into it.

We have no travel power.  (RP reason.). So we 'sprint' and take the trains everywhere.  (Part of the old school challenge we set.)

I'll check out the Defender Tricks 'news' as my duo partner mentioned that to me but I didn't get chance to read it yet.

Regards,

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

• 3 weeks later
On 5/1/2020 at 1:56 AM, Sir Myshkin said:

I really like your proc focused builds, Sir Myshkin. This is exactly the sort of foundation I was looking for on my new TA/A Defender.

I've tweaked the slotting to my personal preference, but most of the primary meat remains the same. I'd love your thoughts on my iteration. 

One thing I have felt the pain with in my own softcapped builds that rely on scorpion shield is the low resistance totals. It's a bit of a losing battle to focus too much on shoring this up with IOs if you want to maintain good recharge. What are your thoughts on taking Poison Gas arrow in place of assault to pick up some of the slack late in the build? The animation is pretty quick, and even with resistances accounted for, it seems like a good proxy for anywhere from 10-23% DR, depending on the mobs you are fighting.

What was your rationale behind skipping PGA? Have you tried and just found it a waste of animation time? 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Defender

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flash Arrow -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(15), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(25), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 1: Snap Shot -- SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 4: Fistful of Arrows -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(31), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(46), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(48), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(48), PstBls-Dam%(48)
Level 10: Blazing Arrow -- Apc-Acc/Rchg(A), GldJvl-Dam%(17), Apc-Dmg(19), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Dam%(37)
Level 12: Acid Arrow -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(37), TchofLadG-%Dam(40), PstBls-Dam%(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50), HO:Nucle(50)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(15), HO:Ribo(17)
Level 16: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 20: Explosive Arrow -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(21), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(21), PstBls-Dam%(27), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(27), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(23), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(37)
Level 26: Oil Slick Arrow -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(43), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(45), TchofLadG-%Dam(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), ImpSwf-Dam%(50)
Level 28: Ranged Shot -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(29), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), StnoftheM-Dam%(33), GldJvl-Dam%(33), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(33)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 38: Rain of Arrows -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Knock%(39), Rgn-Dmg(39), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(40), PstBls-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Poison Gas Arrow -- LthRps-Acc/EndRdx(A)
Level 44: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
------------

• 5 months later

Depends on what you're building for.  My TA/Arch doesn't have any soft-capped defenses so I took Barrier and Support.  If you've already got soft capped defenses, Ageless Radial is a better way to go since you don't have any Defense Debuff Resist.

What this team needs is more Defenders

On 4/3/2021 at 9:50 PM, admiralnorman said:

Do you have any notes on incarnate selection? In particular Destiny and Hybrid.

Depends on what advantage you want to create for the build. Neither Archery nor Trick Arrow needs an excessive amount of recharge to be super effective, and most builds can get to Perma Hasten on their own with little trouble, so Ageless tends to be one you can skip. Barrier can be useful as a general team buff and to give some temporary resistance on top of defense, but this is kind of unnecessarily stacking effects with TA. Clarion wouldn’t be bad for the Mez, but honestly I’d say the best choice would probably be Rebirth because a mass support heal is the one thing TA really can’t do, nor do you yourself have beyond maybe the Defender proc or Inspirations.

For Hybrid I’d likely look at taking Melee for the Status Protection. If you know you’ll be on a team or league with a lot of global clarion/Mez protection I’d consider having Assault Radial as a backup.

• Thanks 1