I hate Rainbows.

Abysmalyxia

4 hours ago, Abysmalyxia said:

*glare*

Come on, you know that despite your poker face and evil glare, deep inside there is a shining unicorn kitten dancing with glee and joy at the suffering it's causing. The rainbow is just the kitten dancing on the keypads of your inner Dance Dance Domination 😉

And, yes, my inner kitty is dancing with joy at the glares I'm causing 😈

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Honestly though, that's kinda how I see it too.  Dominators aren't just about utterly destroying the body and mind of others..  They're all about the warm fuzzies they feel while destoying the body and mind of others.  Believe it or not, some people smile when they're in a fight, even if those people generally try to be peaceful.

I will say though, that players should have options.

P.S.:

and there totally needs to be a "Rainbow Domination" primary with a supporting "Lollipop assault" secondary.  Of course the Lollipop mace is the big scary eye-catcher, but it's the throwing lollipops that you've really gotta watch out for.

Edited by Hardboiled Hero
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Abysmalyxia said:

Is there a means or a mod available to eliminate the super flashy happy rainbow that splashes all over my super evil Dominator when she wants to destroy someone's body and mind utterly?

spacer.png

• Haha 5

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

My only Doninator is Mind/Psy with everything set to the reddy-pink theme... barely noticed this! 
In all seriousness this is something that could be altered in the ‘inherent’ tab of power customisation? I’ve always wondered what that tab is for.

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

You mean the special effects when you activate Domination? I hadn't really thought about it as rainbow. Isn't it mostly just white? I guess I don't notice it much since I am usually activating it in the middle of combat, so it's just swallowed up by the rest of the effects. Anyway, you do have a good point. Do any of the other ATs explode when they power up their inherent? 

4 hours ago, VV said:

You mean the special effects when you activate Domination? I hadn't really thought about it as rainbow. Isn't it mostly just white? I guess I don't notice it much since I am usually activating it in the middle of combat, so it's just swallowed up by the rest of the effects. Anyway, you do have a good point. Do any of the other ATs explode when they power up their inherent? 

I love exploding my rainbow domination goodness 😛

4 hours ago, VV said:

Do any of the other ATs explode when they power up their inherent? 

Count the number of other Archetypes that have Click Inherent powers for their Archetype.  I'll wait.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

16 hours ago, VV said:

I thought he meant the glowing aura around your character when you are at 90+ Dom 

• Like 1

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

On 5/2/2020 at 6:45 PM, Peacemoon said:

I thought he meant the glowing aura around your character when you are at 90+ Dom 

Oh wait, what? I've never even noticed that.

On 5/1/2020 at 12:34 PM, Coyote said:

Dance Dance Domination

Now I want to roll a new toon with that name.  But what sets?

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

7 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Now I want to roll a new toon with that name.  But what sets?

Energy Assault, because it's sparkly? Martial Assault, because you do spinny kicky things?

Ice Control because you'd be so cool? Darkness might be colored bright and be like disco lights?

Ice/Martial and Dark/Energy are both good combinations. Well, "good" is a relative term if you're talking Ice Control 😛

• Like 1

This thread gave me the widest smile. I always loved the rainbows of sadistic glee.

3 hours ago, Coyote said:

Well, "good" is a relative term if you're talking Ice Control 😛

I feel awfully self conscious about picking Ice Control...

@rajjypants - Everlasting Server

12 hours ago, Coyote said:

Energy Assault, because it's sparkly? Martial Assault, because you do spinny kicky things?

Ice Control because you'd be so cool? Darkness might be colored bright and be like disco lights?

Ice/Martial and Dark/Energy are both good combinations. Well, "good" is a relative term if you're talking Ice Control 😛

I was thinking Martial just for the kicky-ness.  How does it combine with Energy Assault?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, Coyote said:

It's kind of difficult, since they're both secondaries 😛

Derp.  Then what would you suggest to go with Martial?  I'm new to Doms.

Go have fun!

Dark, Ice, Fire (Disco Inferno!) and Elec would work with Martial since they all kind of like being in close. 

Weirdly on my Dark/Martial I ended up going the other route, dropping the kicks and staying mostly at range throwing sharp bits of metal at things. Not sure I'd recommend it though, I miss the kick animations. If I had the will to respec I'd try and get them back in there since you can still throw sharp bits of metal from point blank range (Trick Shot and the Snipe are just as good from 6 inches away). I think the combo of 2 cones in Dark coupled with Melee was irking me a tad (one cone is just the immob so skippable). 

• 3 weeks later