9 months of Veracor

Veracor

Hello again everyone!

Today marks 9 months of me leading daily Hami raids and iTrials on Everlasting.  Coincidentally today also marks the 600th Hami raid that I will have led.  I am making this post now due to the fact that I am not entirely sure if I'll make it to the 1-year mark.  I am trying, but the burnout is quite real (as are IRL issues resulting from COVID) and I may have to call it quits before then.

That said, Everlasting has been a terrific community and I'm glad to have had the chance to help so many people in it get the harder badges and gear out their characters.  I only ever played City of Heroes for a total of 6 months back in 2006 and only found out about the private server in March last year purely by random chance.  I was a cynical, jaded, anti-social downer that had just recovered from a life-threatening illness, and frankly I just didn't want to be like that anymore: I wanted to be a new person.  When Homecoming opened I took the opportunity to try and reinvent myself as an upstanding and professional leader to prove to myself that anyone can change and become whatever they want through force of will and constancy.  I have tried my best to lead through example and to avoid clamping down or snapping at anyone giving me problems, and while I haven't handled every issue perfectly, I feel I've done a fair job of it so far and intend to keep at it to make it a permanent and natural lifestyle to me.  Thank you all for your faith and kind words, and for giving me my initial chance to lead content (I was a newbie when I started)!

Since there might not be another breakpoint for me to post it, here's the raid leader statistics / dragon hoard as of the 9-month mark:

598 Hami raids led
585 iTrial badge runs led
238 "Master of" task force runs led (counting Apex+TinMage as one)

2,507 Players eaten Veteran Levels

3,768 Astral Merits
2,934 Empyrean Merits
4,041 Incarnate Shards
10,000 Incarnate Threads

83 Very Rare Incarnate Salvage
166 Rare Incarnate Salvage
169 Uncommon Incarnate Salvage
811 Common Incarnate Salvage (A lot of these are from getting rid of excess Threads)

Villains Defeated: 1,103,145
Damage Inflicted: 666,537,730
Damage Taken: 135,510,066
Healing Given: 12,272,806
Total XP Earned: 2,147,483,647
XP Debt Acquired: 5,065,580

---

Anyways enough about me, I'll see you all at the 600th Hami raid!  Thanks to everyone who joins and especially to the regulars who target in Hami raids and attend iTrials to help with Incan chains and other required roles!

(Outside of the daily ELTFs schedule, we are currently speedrunning on task forces with an end goal to get a full team of speeders to finally give the Excelsior runners some competition.  If you're interested in playing the game super hardcore with min/max strats and builds, hit @Elmyder up, he'll proc your ears off about it!)

Edited by Veracor
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 11

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

Wow, that is quite an impressive record!

You have been inspirational to the people of Everlasting over the last 9 months , collecting all the 1531 badges on Kallisti the Friar has been no small part down to you and the various trials and Masters of you've run. I don't know how many Hami raids I've been a part of but your leadership and non-judgementalism of the silliness that sometimes happens has made them immensely enjoyable over the months.

Then there is that incredible SG base you built! Wow, just wow!

Thanks for all the fun!

The Kallistiverse COH site:

https://kallistiverse.mardona.com/coh/

While I know that we are never responsible for other people's emotion and cannot expect to tell someone how they should feel, you certainly have accomplished your goals in my perspective. Wife and I started on Torchbearer when we found out about Homecoming and then, one night, that suddenly changed when the strangest tentacled individual came to lead a DD iTrial. Little bit of talking back and forth later and soon the wife and I were transferring over to Everlasting to be able to attend more event ran by Mojo and those he associated with. Through him we learned about the Everlasting TFs channel and there we got to participate in several of your runs; for those, thank you so much. You have, in the very least, inspired me to want to be able to run content, any content (even if just TF Commander TFs) at the same level of proficiency you show us in the iTrials.

All that said, thank you for what you've brought to Everlasting and here's hoping RL doesn't ruin the fun and that the fun never runs out.

I've done iTrials with you a bunch of times and MSRs too.  You were always a good leader.  That said I can totally empathize with burnout.  After SIX HUNDRED Hami raids and all that other stuff too I don't think ANYONE would blame you for hanging up the raider hat for a while. 

On 5/9/2020 at 8:27 AM, Veracor said:

I am making this post now due to the fact that I am not entirely sure if I'll make it to the 1-year mark.  I am trying, but the burnout is quite real (as are IRL issues resulting from COVID) and I may have to call it quits before then.

I can sympathize about the burnout.  Back when the game was live, I ran a coalition of 3 SG's and was an officer in 5 others.  I ran events for my SG's during the week and TFs/trials on the weekends with open sign-up on the forums.  I ran overnight gladiator heal farms.  I worked with people to farm the PvP badges.  After the game shut down and I moved to other games, I didn't even JOIN any guilds, let alone run one.

So, when you say "call it quits", I hope you are only referring to the nightly grind and aren't thinking about leaving the game entirely.  I (and clearly many others) would hate to you see you go.

Maybe you could (glances around furtively) become a . . .  casual player.  😮

Edited by Ironblade

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• 2 weeks later

Even though we haven't had the pleasure of meeting, I've trounced many a pretender in Brigg's fire farms.

One question remains on my mind since I've met people associated with you... How did you manage to make that castle so seamless?

16 hours ago, Shock Star said:

Even though we haven't had the pleasure of meeting, I've trounced many a pretender in Brigg's fire farms.

One question remains on my mind since I've met people associated with you... How did you manage to make that castle so seamless?

Roman Bridge Foundation 3 luckily has a nice line-up with its top trim that makes the bottom and mid parts overlap with minimal z-fighting, and for taller walls these objects can be layered on top of each other like legos.  The thinner top section has a gap when it doesn't have another wall on top of it, but this gap can be filled with a pillar of similar color.

For parts like entrances and windows, some extra stuff like columns or blockwork had to happen to make it fit.

I've been meaning to write a visual guide on the things I did to make the base but I keep getting drafted for speedruns, lol.

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

Thank you Veracor for everything you've done for this community. You will always be welcomed back when you should ever feel the need to take a long rest. It happens as we all sometimes need a break due to burnout, real life or otherwise. We will miss you, but keep in touch! Let us know where your journey takes you next (mostly cause I'm curious to see others games you can smash through). 

Much love to you and your family during this time. 

• 2 weeks later

I've appreciated all of the runs that I have gotten to participate in.  Your clear, concise directions make players, (like my wife and me) who don't get to raid that often, feel comfortable about what we are supposed to be doing. We don't always get it right, because sometimes power effects plus lag, plus my ungodly lousy sense of direction, make it hard to stay on target, but the instructions given before and during the raid help us get right back on track.

We thank you for all you and others have done for this server and this game to make it more enjoyable for everyone.  I understand burnout and hope that you ultimately do what is best for you, because you've certainly earned it.

Cold-Strike