FREEDOM Forever!

MADMAN

Longtime CoH player (2004-2012) here, exclusively on Freedom.  My mains were Kid Lazarus (50 empath/energy Defender) and Freek (50 mind/psi Controller).  It's embarrassing to admit, but I don't recall the name of my longtime SG, but I was playing sporadically and mostly solo for the last few years.  In the unlikely event anyone recalls me, feel free to shoot me a note!

I had read some time back that CoH had returned, but "rogue server" sounded complicated and illicit.  If I had known rejoining was so simple, I would have jumped in months ago.

Original CoH player [2004-2012]; Freedom Server

• 11 months later
  • 3 months later

Hi, so I'm pretty sure I played freedom with my family back in the day. We played beta and pretty long into the actual run but we moved a lot and we ended up not returning to CoH after a few moves and im searching for some old family friends. We may have been on protector so ill be posting there as well but I unfortunately only remember my mother's name and mine as mine was essentially her name. Hers was GreatOracle and mine was Orlcle. I believe my father's was Provider or Palindrome as those were his most common names in all of our family based groups. I remember having a friend named @terradome that I used to spend forever talking to and I haven't been able to find him since MySpace days unfortunately. Anyway, its nice to see that this game is virtually still around. It was the best memories my family made together as we grinded missions and whatnot together and basically started our family gaming dynamic. 

• 1 month later
  • 3 months later
  • 3 months later
On 5/17/2019 at 8:42 PM, Elendil said:

Another Freedom refugee here...grouped with Top Ten and occasionally, when he was mostly sober...J-Man.

Hello, all!

~Elendil fire/fire FREEDOM!

Nice to see someone else from Top Ten. It's Umbral Fist DR/Regen Scrapper, if you remember.

I just DL'd the game again after resisting the nostalgia itch for a few years now. Hopefully, we'll be able to meet up again.

• 1 year later

I played from late issue 6 all the way to issue 20. I stopped playing City of right after it went to free to play. I was the leader of Forge Exiles, a super group I made to honor my fallen Star Wars Galaxies. I closed it down after everyone quit. 

I'm glad City of Heroes is back. The way I left never sat right for me. I went off to play champions online (huge mistake), Star Wars the Old Republic, Star Trek Online. I always remembered my love for this game.

@Taos here. I played exclusively on Freedom from i7 until around i17 or 18. I was in a hero sg called Superheroes of the Ironfist and played with the Repeat Offenders on the villain side. I was also in a few other sg’s just can’t remember which. Oh well, just logging in and hearing the music again gives me goosebumps. I’m enjoying my time on Excelsior!

Side note, I’m hoping to get back in touch with my old friend @Encounter.

I remember you quite well. While we didn't get along near the time you left. I had always thought about you. 

• 2 months later

AgenTitan here and I'm actually using my old username from the old days which brings a smile to my face.

Used to be on Freedom as "Maverick Spyder" of the Doom Supremacy, so if any of the old gang is on I'll be around if you want to enjoy some mayhem 😉

>TAXEE teleports in to this thread in a big whoosh!

>Looks around and says " Sup SUkkahs! Special Hello to Morna and Rose"

>She powers up her suit as she starts to glow! "Well as if we were gone? Nope NEVAH was... J-FORCE STYLE, Babies!!!

>In a burst of energy she is enveloped in a glow of light and electrical smoke "See yah on the streets! JFS!!!"

>Pooftah she is gone

• 2 weeks later

Almost positive our SV was here “Misfits”. We did pvp and base raids when bases first came out. 

i think I was @MostlyHarmless but can’t remember

Mains: Lobster eng/eng stalker

Flaming lips fire/rad corrupter. 

I don’t remember if I moved my heroes to freedom. 

On 12/30/2023 at 9:23 AM, Fade v2 said:

Played at launch.  Quit a few months after COV was released.

Fade

Fade v2 

Guitar

Slow Motion

Were my mains, played with Babes of War, X-Syndicate, and Top Ten

WB Fade, Its High Beam.  As I said when we chatted in game, there are a couple other Babes of War on Excelsior that I know of.  Libbyator, Sweet Dream, and Xai Cross I have actually talked to in game.

Edited by High_Beam

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I don't know why I haven't seen this forum post before...

Wow!

I played from beta to shutdown off and on. My mains were Adam Alpha MK 1 (redside) and Adam Alpha MK 2 (blue side)

...and now he has returned to torchbearer as Adam Alpha MK 1.0!

Hopefully I will see some old friends like Neko and Cicada out on patrol.

I was in a SG called the League of Extraordinary Avatars. I played as Small Wonder, Cute Little Girl and Parry Hotter (until he got GenericHero’d). 

Some teammates I can recall included:

KayCapitol

Mstr Mental

Blagdash

Whimsy

Vramin

if any of you are out there, look me up on Indomitable. @Kara Farlander is my global.

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later
On 6/27/2019 at 10:00 PM, Psypunk said:

Psypunk

SG: JAL

On Torch, @Psypunk...feel free to hit me up. Having a great time playing again, what's up to all the folks from Freedumb!

I didn't play on freedom, but you played on the test server PvP scene, yeah? JAL was Justice For All League? Or different JAL? I vaguely remember JAL being on Justice and moving to Freedom.

Hello all Freedomers !

I was in the Beta server (hello to all Primers ! ) 😉

And then @Khortex was on Freedom from day one or rather from day -3 ... -4 as I was in the headstart (thanks to @Leilani for getting us pre-order copies of the game that was unavailable to EU players).

Proud founding member of Astral Force (with old friends from SWG's Astral Fantasia band) a day one SG that did not last long enough.

Then I was in a couple of SG after that (I remember Freedom Reborn and Damage Inc, also the name Legion of Doom rings a bell, not sure I ever joined you full time)
I was on the channel Radio Freedom for a long time !!!

I did a couple of alts on Liberty but I was mostly only on Freedom, on and off until sunset... 😞

I searched for a way to keep playing COH after that with no luck, then kept the despair to me until NCSoft did the right thing and it went first page news on every gaming sites around the world !

So hello to all those I remember and saw around this thread @Myrdinn @SuperDan @Elendil @Neko @DoomStar @Fire Assault
and sorry for those I did not, there was so many of you !

If you ever remember a very small Empath/Illusion controller wearing a pure white tuxedo with a white fedora just ping me, @khortex is back on Excelsior 😉

Regards,

Neopatch aka @Khortex back then on Freedom and right now on Excelsior
also playing a lot FeelingOfPain the Brute (because an Empath is as bad at farming then a brick at swimming)

Neopatch was, is and will forever be @Khortex

Currently playing FeellingOfPain on Excelsior and La Georgette on Reunion

Seeing a lot of familiar names here.  I played from just after launch until just before Going Rogue went live.  Playing on Excelsior now.  Had many many alts but my primaries were:

@Horseplay

Maxwell Houser

Dash Redfist

ESPerOne

On 4/25/2019 at 6:07 PM, Destinymorna said:

Wow!  So many familiar faces and names.  *waves to everyone *

My mains were all on freedom:

Destiny Morna (defender)

Mysteries Morna (corruptor)

Lil Ms Morna (Ill/rad)

Looking forward to rolling a new member of the family

My old SG was oblivion guard. 

I missed y’all. 

Hello there Destiny! I'm rolling on Indom server now.