Inv or WP for Praetoria?

I haven't played in Praetoria since it was introduced, so I figured I would roll my start my new DM toon there. Unfortunately, I decide between WP or Inv to go with it.

I love both sets, just hoping for some pointers to help point me in the right direction.

Thanks for looking, and any advice is appreciated.

I used Staff Fighting / Willpower for my first Praetorian.  No regrets.  Did well.  Was a long time until I got Rise To the Challenge becuase it was my secondary and I turned off XP for long stretches to ensure I didn't outlevel any story arcs I wanted to finish. 

Invulnerability should also do quite well, but, keep in mind, you'll see a lot more Energy damage coming at you at low levels than you would on Primal earth.

I'm biased... a total WP fan-girl... So that would be my own choice, of course.

Having actually taken a number of WP characters through those arcs (My very first Praetorian back-in-the-day was a KinMelee/WP Stalker. My first one here was a Fire/WP Sentinel.), though, they really do handle pretty well there. I didn't have any trouble running that content with either of them. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Unless you have a strong preference, I think WP is better soloing as it gets an additional +end recovery early on, and its semi focus on self healing helps against all damage types. I don't play much melee, so probably not the best person to answer, but I always think of WP as great for low downtime fun where you just keep going, and going, and going... defintely a good trait to have in Praetoria!

For balance, Invuln will probably make your character 'tougher' ultimately, but WP just has so many nice quality of life features!

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

As a secondary Willpower gets Quick Recovery at 20, which is right about the time you'll get kicked out of Praetoria.  If you roll a tanker it comes at 12.   What it does have going for it at those levels is some defense to psi damage and general ease of operation.  It also provides resistance to Fear and Confusion, which we all could use a little more of these days. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

If you're planning on a Scrapper or Brute, I would suggest WP just because Invul doesn't get mez protection until level 16 and there's a lot more mezzing going on in Praetoria than in primal content at those levels.  This one time my Praetorian /Invul Brute got dribbled to death by a bunch of Destroyers.  Not fun.

• Haha 1

I'm running a Savage Melee/Dark Armour Brute through Praetoria at the moment and she's been quite effective so far, mostly the only thing she's had to worry about so far is KB, which and Enh will help mitigate.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

12 hours ago, Heraclea said:

As a secondary Willpower gets Quick Recovery at 20, which is right about the time you'll get kicked out of Praetoria.  If you roll a tanker it comes at 12.   What it does have going for it at those levels is some defense to psi damage and general ease of operation.  It also provides resistance to Fear and Confusion, which we all could use a little more of these days. 

Thanks, I was thinking of regeneration which gets quick recovery a lot earlier!  

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

On 5/16/2020 at 4:07 AM, Peacemoon said:

Thanks, I was thinking of regeneration which gets quick recovery a lot earlier!  

yeah.  If you are only planning to go from 1-20, regen looks pretty good though.