The name of Infinite Corona (Excelsior) was reset

czis

4 hours ago, Ulysses Dare said:

Equally unsurprised—disappointed, but not surprised—to see the the usual tired rationalizations being trotted out to celebrate the suppression of other's speech.

Good thing congress doesn't run Homecoming then. 

There is no right to free speech on someone else's hosted MMO. 

If Homecoming stops you from speaking out outside of *their* hosted servers / forums / discord / etc we can all lose our minds then.  

• Like 1

I would wish it to be context related because Corona can have quite a few different meanings.   If your char description, or you brought up the current events with it, then it might get you the generic hammer.  I have a couple characters that could get nailed and if it happens, it happens.

• Like 2

This is really, really simple. 

HC Devs own these servers. 

We are all of us here as their guests.

If they don't want Corona to be used, I'm free to consider that ridiculous.

It changes nothing of course. Their house, their rules.  That easy.

edit:  @Haijinxbeat me to it an hour or so ago.

Edited by MTeague
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MTeague said:

This is really, really simple. 

HC Devs own these servers. 

We are all of us here as their guests.

If they don't want Corona to be used, I'm free to consider that ridiculous.

It changes nothing of course. Their house, their rules.  That easy.

edit:  @Haijinxbeat me to it an hour or so ago.

It would be like suggesting you can't tell someone that they have to leave your house if they won't stop screaming "duck!"  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lemming said:

I would wish it to be context related because Corona can have quite a few different meanings.   If your char description, or you brought up the current events with it, then it might get you the generic hammer.  I have a couple characters that could get nailed and if it happens, it happens.

I would like it if they could take the time to be that precision guided. 

But I would not expect them to be able to take that kind of time.

• Like 1

Absolute overkill and completely ridiculous.  Context matters.  Ban the word "coronavirus", sure, but "corona"?  Seriously?  It's like using Ion Judgement to defeat a level 1 Hellion.

Of course the GMs don't have time to just police it all themselves.  That's why players can report offensive names, and that is the approach that should be used here instead of a blanket ban on a word that had zero offensive meaning before 2020.

On 5/16/2020 at 8:57 AM, ForeverLaxx said:

I think getting uppity about words is just silly.

If that were true then the protection of speech wouldn't be written into so many laws across the world. I didn't include the rest of the post because this statement is ridiculous in almost every context.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

If that were true then the protection of speech wouldn't be written into so many laws across the world. I didn't include the rest of the post because this statement is ridiculous in almost every context.

Because taking things out context is easier, right? That's why people get mad about words, by the way. In case it wasn't clear, my point is people getting mad about words is silly. "Fire" isn't a bad word, that is until it's shouted in a crowded theatre or near a group of people waiting for the command to pull a trigger. Context matters.

I'm also aware that in the scope of the game, the (volunteer) dev team doesn't have the time or manpower to consider context and choose instead to blanket-ban specific words/terms to make things easier on themselves. That's their right as it's their server. We're adults (I think), so we shake our head at the innocents caught in the crossfire and move forward because there's worse things to worry about.

We follow the rules of the place we choose to spend our time. We don't have to agree with them all the time, but we have to follow them all the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

• Retired Lead Game Master

If you would like to appeal any name changes, please submit a ticket to our team with all of your information. 

• Like 2

Contact me on Discord (Miss#1337) for a faster response!

Want more information on lore pets?

Want to get involved in our weekly discussions on discord or the forums?