Anyone else think the Beast Mastery power set for MM's is kind of disappointing?

I love wolves as much as the next guy, but when it comes to video games, I feel like wolves are such a generic, overdone animal. And this power set has TWO wolf summons out of the three total types you get. Lions are cool, but they really couldn't think of better animals to put here?

Gorillas, rhinos, alligators, a horde of penguins, a giant crab .... they could've gotten creative with the animals to include, but they settle for generic wolves. (no offense to people who actually like wolves).

Would be a dream come true if we could customize which animals we could summon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, massivemoo said:

Gorillas, rhinos, alligators, a horde of penguins, a giant crab .... they could've gotten creative with the animals to include, but they settle for generic wolves. (no offense to people who actually like wolves).

So ... you're volunteering to create the necessary rigging, skeleton and animations that would be needed for all of those ADDITIONAL body types?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I really, really wanted the boss pet to be a bear... A gorilla would also have been acceptable, and could have been rigged on the second tier demon skeleton, I suspect... But no. We got a weird, scaly wolf. <_<

I also don't like the way they play, but that's just a pure opinion thing. 

• Like 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I love wolves. Well I love dogs, and I own two Alaskan Malamutes who are basically wolves! So I should really love this set, but one thing I can’t get my head around is how are the two lionesses a good fit with all the wolves? Everytime I see it it just looks so wrong. Two cats part of the wolf pack?!
One of the most bizarre power decisions in CoH. I can’t bring myself to play that set because of those two cats! (And also because MM’s in general are the most frustrating and unrewarding AT in the game, but let’s not get into that...)

Edited by Peacemoon

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

I like them because they are among the smallest and least noisy of MM pets.  When I finally made a MM I chose them specifically for this reason. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

1 hour ago, Coyotedancer said:

I really, really wanted the boss pet to be a bear... A gorilla would also have been acceptable, and could have been rigged on the second tier demon skeleton, I suspect... But no. We got a weird, scaly wolf. <_<

I also don't like the way they play, but that's just a pure opinion thing. 

I was thinking Gorilla also tbh. 

It is disappointing it goes wolves-lions-wolf 

It makes the lions seem out of place in the Wolf mastery set. 

Maybe the T1s  could be hyenas instead or something.  Then at least you could have a theme song.

20 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

I love wolves. Well I love dogs, and I own two Alaskan Malamutes who are basically wolves! So I should really love this set, but one thing I can’t get my head around is how are the two lionesses a good fit with all the wolves? Everytime I see it it just looks so wrong. Two cats part of the wolf pack?!
One of the most bizarre power decisions in CoH. I can’t bring myself to play that set because of those two cats! (And also because MM’s in general are the most frustrating and unrewarding AT in the game, but let’s not get into that...)

This is why beasts are not named fearsome beast named, like "Winter Fang" or anything like that.  

My pets are named Daisy, Buddy, Lily, Fluffy, and Mittens (don't have the dire wolf quite yet, 2 more lvls to go), as if they were domesticated pets used to having the same living quarters.

And I may occasionally imagine that they talk to each other like the pets in the Homeward Bound movies. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

I can’t get my head around is how are the two lionesses a good fit with all the wolves? Everytime I see it it just looks so wrong. Two cats part of the wolf pack?!

Agreed , and why I can't bring myself to roll a Beast MM. 

I assume the dogs and cats were chosen simple because the frameworks were all ready made. And much as I would love for almost any different beast I don't see that ever happening.