Ill/Rad or Ill/Traps: Which would you choose?

WillParkinson

I've got one of each, and I would like to take one to 50 and gear him up, but I'm not quite sure which would be the better option for a mostly monster solo build. If you were choosing, which path would you take, and why?

Thank you!

Edited by WillParkinson

Traps.

Rad works fine, but Traps specifically fits holes that Illusion has, while Rad doesn't.

Traps: AoE damage, AoE containment, immobilizing AVs. These are Illusion's specific holes compared to most other Control sets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WillParkinson said:

I've got one of each, and I would like to take one to 50 and gear him up, but I'm not quite sure which would be the better option for a mostly monster solo build. If you were choosing, which path would you take, and why?

Thank you!

Illusion Rad with a complete set of Stone Epic in my case! 😄

I just had to 'try' it.

I've had a terrific amount of fun with it.  I'm near capped.  Very difficult to hit.  Choking Cloud.... 🙂  'I'll attack you...I'll urh...EH?  URK!!!  Can't....breath...' 

Anchors on bosses to debuff or AVs.  Debuff.  Debuff.  Debuff. ::D

Try both to L22 and SOs and see which you like more.

I don't have any 'trap's only a devices blaster.  I can see the appeal.  Traps and Illu make have that 'Magician' vibe.  Who knows what your concept is. 

But why not try both and see which bakes your noodle.  It takes 'no time' to get to L22 these days.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

Illusion Rad with a complete set of Stone Epic in my case! 😄

I just had to 'try' it.

I've had a terrific amount of fun with it.  I'm near capped.  Very difficult to hit.  Choking Cloud.... 🙂  'I'll attack you...I'll urh...EH?  URK!!!  Can't....breath...' 

Anchors on bosses to debuff or AVs.  Debuff.  Debuff.  Debuff. ::D

Try both to L22 and SOs and see which you like more.

I don't have any 'trap's only a devices blaster.  I can see the appeal.  Traps and Illu make have that 'Magician' vibe.  Who knows what your concept is. 

But why not try both and see which bakes your noodle.  It takes 'no time' to get to L22 these days.

Azrael.

Oh, I do have one of each. One is 40 and the other is 20 something. Just not sure which works better, hence the reason I asked. You raise a good point about the anchors, as traps seems to be limited in range.

17 hours ago, Nafsmar said:

I think I found a new way to respond to people thank you Azrael.

Np.  If you're curious, it's good to ask about comparing two things.  And ask people's opinions.  Always good to do that.  CoH community is the best for that.

However.

It's not like we have to pay for more server slots...or the 'running sore' of debt like in the old days.

It's quite easy to say.  'Roll one.'  'Try it.'  It takes 'no' time to get both to L8 and you'll quickly get the idea of one's 'feel' vs the other.

CoH is back from the dead.  Here's your chance to roll the 1000 alts you never did on live.

Sure.  Ask for opinions and help.  But nothing beats trying something for yourself.

It's profound.

It's the way we really do learn.  *(Points to self for trying an SR/SJ Tank, an ice/ice/ice Tank, an Ill/Rad/STONE troller....things I didn't get to do on live.)

Azrael.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WillParkinson said:

Oh, I do have one of each. One is 40 and the other is 20 something. Just not sure which works better, hence the reason I asked. You raise a good point about the anchors, as traps seems to be limited in range.

They seem aimed at different things.  One is an AV or Boss killer.  Though I find with Ill/Rad I can take mobs as well.  I'm right in the middle of them. 😄

If you like Illusion that much.  Then just play each of them until you hit L50.  You should have a good idea of why you like each one by then and what they are good at doing.  I'm guessing you like the L40 one that bit more unless you got bored of it and are now playing the L20...?  Which is which type?

I've used Trick Arrow on Def' and Devices on a Blaster.  The idea of pre-planning to tie mobs into Knots.  Nimble of thought and planning combat in advance.

It's its own thing.  And gives a different flavour to other AT or Power types.  It's different and can be enjoyed on a more strategic level rather than all out blasting, for example, with a fire/fire blaster vaporising the mobs or a fire brute just melting the mobs with burn.  Both of which I have and can do.

Azrael.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Golden Azrael said:

They seem aimed at different things.  One is an AV or Boss killer.  Though I find with Ill/Rad I can take mobs as well.  I'm right in the middle of them. 😄

If you like Illusion that much.  Then just play each of them until you hit L50.  You should have a good idea of why you like each one by then and what they are good at doing.  I'm guessing you like the L40 one that bit more unless you got bored of it and are now playing the L20...?  Which is which type?

I've used Trick Arrow on Def' and Devices on a Blaster.  The idea of pre-planning to tie mobs into Knots.  Nimble of thought and planning combat in advance.

It's its own thing.  And gives a different flavour to other AT or Power types.  It's different and can be enjoyed on a more strategic level rather than all out blasting, for example, with a fire/fire blaster vaporising the mobs or a fire brute just melting the mobs with burn.  Both of which I have and can do.

Azrael.

The Illusion/Trap guy is 40, the Illusion/Radiation is 26.

My biggest problem, and I freely admit it, is that I want someone I can solo like a demon with, because honestly, with the rare exception of teaming with a friend while he's at work, solo is pretty much all I do. I am NOT an elite type player. In fact, my friend often has to rez me, because I do something stupid. I guess, in this case, I'm looking for something a bit more forgiving of my flaws, if that makes sense.

team = rad

solo = traps

setting up traps on fast moving teams can be frustrating

• Like 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Troo said:

team = rad

solo = traps

Exactly. Illusion/Traps should be one of the best soloing builds for Controllers. Definitely better than /Rad, because Illusion struggles to clear spawns while /Traps adds a lot more damage if you put damage procs in Acid Mortar and Poison Trap, and drop Poison Trap followed by Trip Mine. So that gives you the AoE damage that you are lacking, while Illusion is great at single-target damage and Boss slaying. And for soloing AVs, there isn't much that can argue it's better than Illusion/Traps.

• Thanks 1

I'd agree with the above ... especially as the team size grows beyond a friends only composition.  It can be done even on fast moving teams but it's not nearly as casual and forgiving as Rad will be.  That said the mez protection offered by FFG as well as defenses one can get with minimal effort and IO's are also very beneficial for more casual play.  To me they both scream "pick me, pick me" 😁

Maybe that's why my altitis runs rampant.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WillParkinson said:

The Illusion/Trap guy is 40, the Illusion/Radiation is 26.

My biggest problem, and I freely admit it, is that I want someone I can solo like a demon with, because honestly, with the rare exception of teaming with a friend while he's at work, solo is pretty much all I do. I am NOT an elite type player. In fact, my friend often has to rez me, because I do something stupid. I guess, in this case, I'm looking for something a bit more forgiving of my flaws, if that makes sense.

Ah.  So your Ill/Rad is 'only' 26.  It's got SOs.  Hmm.  Could do with getting your Phantasm pet.  Push the defence numbers a bit higher.  Getting to L32 on that would help a bit.  The more you play it the more you can solo like a 'demon.'  I can solo all the time with mine.

Don't have to be an 'elite' type player.  I love doing 'stupid' things.  I learn from them.  😄 

The Illu Rad becomes more forgiving over time.  Put those anchors on the boss man and the minions evaporate with the Phantom Army.  Spectral Terror for Mez lock down and Phantasm to help put the boot in.

And the choking cloud picks up anyone who thinks about getting 'too smart' for their own good. 😉

And I love my 'Stone Epic' melee set for dishing the retribution.  All in melee. 😄

If solo is all you do?  Phantom Army, Spectral Terror, Phantasm (Loads of pets...try and get Phantom Army Perma...that would help massively...in soloing like a 'demon') and with the choking cloud plenty of protection between it and Spectral terror.

I have zero problem soloing at all.  I can't be hit.  But I send swarms of pets in for damage, lockdown and to melt mobs.  It's a grower. 😉

Radiation can take a bit of patience to begin with but as you get into it...and post L32 Illusion with yet another pet and epics pending....

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 10:42 AM, Golden Azrael said:

Ah.  So your Ill/Rad is 'only' 26.  It's got SOs.  Hmm.  Could do with getting your Phantasm pet.  Push the defence numbers a bit higher.  Getting to L32 on that would help a bit.  The more you play it the more you can solo like a 'demon.'  I can solo all the time with mine.

Don't have to be an 'elite' type player.  I love doing 'stupid' things.  I learn from them.  😄 

The Illu Rad becomes more forgiving over time.  Put those anchors on the boss man and the minions evaporate with the Phantom Army.  Spectral Terror for Mez lock down and Phantasm to help put the boot in.

And the choking cloud picks up anyone who thinks about getting 'too smart' for their own good. 😉

And I love my 'Stone Epic' melee set for dishing the retribution.  All in melee. 😄

If solo is all you do?  Phantom Army, Spectral Terror, Phantasm (Loads of pets...try and get Phantom Army Perma...that would help massively...in soloing like a 'demon') and with the choking cloud plenty of protection between it and Spectral terror.

I have zero problem soloing at all.  I can't be hit.  But I send swarms of pets in for damage, lockdown and to melt mobs.  It's a grower. 😉

Radiation can take a bit of patience to begin with but as you get into it...and post L32 Illusion with yet another pet and epics pending....

Azrael.

Way back during live, I had a level 50 Ill/Rad controller (Mind Wyrm), and loved him to bits. That's who I remade, but I wanted to try other options too. I'm sure at some point, I'll get Wyrm up to 50 as well In fact, now that I'm thinking about him....lol.

back in the day, Ill/rad was absolutely the way to go.

In today's IO set environment, though, Ill/Traps is far faster at Killing GM's and Bosses, and can provide real DPS to a team. Trip mines and, like Coyote said, hole-fillers for illusion like web grenade, caltrops, and seeker drones to add more control effects to your hold/fear.

Plus, of course, a shield drone that provides excellent defense PLUS mez protection.

Rad was better when there were few ways to cap recharge, but with LOTG procs and set bonuses, perma-PA is easy for just about anyone... Now you have Dark, Plants, Poison, and sonic able to solo GM's as well... not as fast, not as efficiently, but they provide lots of alternative to a team that rad does not (although rad definitely has it's team benefits).

But traps with illusion is just a top notch overperformer. a few days ago one of my trip mines (I got lucky with containment, procs, and was damage capped with reds and incarnate stuff) blew over a quarter of Black Swan's HP off in 1 shot (as a +4 AV!) and arresting her was an absolute breeze. Even soloing the ITF is a breeze because you tend to have lots of very tough, additional targets for things to beat on instead of YOU. Trip mines and poison mines help stop ambushes, and actually KILL stuff rather than just controlling it for a while.

• 3 weeks later

Traps was never given to Controllers on Live specifically because they didn't want it combined with Illusion.

Illusion was balanced around not being able to setup containment damage and having poor controls. Traps fixes all that.

• 1 month later

I have had both.  The first character I ever got to 50 on live was Illusion/Rad.  I solo'd everything with it (AVs and GMs) and it was a lot of fun.  The first character I got on Villains side when it came out was Bots/Traps.  So I had a lot of experience with traps too.  You can honestly solo +4/8 with traps alone and not use anything else.  You can do the same with /storm too (off topic sorry) But I have done both.  It isn't fast, but doable just to try something different lol.

Anyway, I just made Illusion/traps since I didn't even know it was available until I saw this thread.  He is 50 now and I really love it so far.  If I had to pick I would choose traps over radiation.  The only power I actually miss in radiation is choking cloud, which IMO is one of the best powers in the game(especially slotted with (Lockdown +2 chance to hold) GOD I love that power so much! Probably because it is just a toggle and I never have to worry about it.

My only problem is it seems like I do less damage than I used to do.  I don't know why honestly, but it just seems to be lacking.  I don't know if something was nerfed or what? I just feel that something is different somewhere.  Here is my build now though.  I changed acid mortar just now, added another slot and I am going to try chance for toxic+chance for negative X2.  I am also going to change Poison Trap and remove the +2 mag hold and add EH? probably ghost widow's chance for Psi.  I might try to change some more, maybe Seeker drones so I can add a damage proc to those as well? I just need some more damage I think.  EDIT- I think I just realized why I seem to do less damage (this is only on AVs) It is because I am not really using Poison Trap enough.  I get caught up with PA, and other stuff, and I have been forgetting my -regen comes from poison trap lol.  So it is more about the AV regenerating vs low damage IMO.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Illusion Control
Secondary Power Set: Traps
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Blind -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Web Grenade -- GrvAnc-Hold%(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(7), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(7), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(9), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(9)
Level 2: Deceive -- CrcPrs-Conf%(A), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(17), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(17), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(19), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(19)
Level 4: Triage Beacon -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(45), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Prv-Heal/Rchg(48), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(48), Prv-Absorb%(48)
Level 6: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Superior Invisibility -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(21), Rct-Def/EndRdx(23), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(23), Rct-Def/Rchg(25), Rct-Def(25)
Level 10: Acid Mortar -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), GldJvl-Dam%(21), TchofLadG-%Dam(29), Apc-Dam%(29)
Level 12: Caltrops -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(27), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(31), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(40), GldArm-ResDam(40)
Level 16: Force Field Generator -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(34), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34)
Level 18: Phantom Army -- SlbAll-Build%(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(37), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 20: Poison Trap -- UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(A), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(27), UnbCns-Dam%(37), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(39), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(39), Lck-%Hold(39)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 26: Spectral Terror -- GlmoftheA-Dam%(A), GlmoftheA-Acc/Fear/Rchg(42), GlmoftheA-Acc/Rchg(42), GlmoftheA-Fear/Rng(42), GlmoftheA-EndRdx/Fear(43)
Level 28: Seeker Drones -- SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(43), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(45), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(50)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 32: Phantasm -- ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(46), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 35: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(50)
Level 38: Trip Mine -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(11), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(11), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(5)
Level 41: Dark Consumption -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 47: Group Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Containment
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(13), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PrfShf-End%(15)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment
Level 50: Agility Partial Core Revamp
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1527;726;1452;HEX;|
|78DA6594DB4F134114C667DBADD8726B8152B054A45C8A85162AA8D16848E4260A0|
|90AFA8675030B6C52DB665B127DF42FD0375E352A444DFC1F8CCFBE69348280F1C5|
|1B772F892FF574CED716D3499BDFCC37E7CC7C737676C76E0F94BD18BEDB2714677|
|F4C4BA5A2FD8978DA4CC462BA691BD3E68C69916D25F46F2ECCE482C223B1D842CA|
|48C47382FB40CC8585D9D9F0A4A92553AE91F8BC6EEAF17438D7291F4F50F690313|
|79F36E273657234AA6B491A38E46022A9EB3395397D463753F346D23B9834A6C303|
|895B465C4B27CCE8446221161DD35269DDBC53470E83F47FA008B48C55BCB108E15|
|385E53DF88EA9BE657E68CBC7AAE21A6911551CBA025E651E9E0027990F697D0539|
|8AC69AF32638C5ACBA014699ABB48F95736CD62F56A9757E05BF31BBBE833FC04DA|
|642A5B771AEB065A88947B47D89C2AB95EC7354CD5E967651BB0DEE30EB7679BE6E|
|8BF9919CD8511DFB4B72574DB99D3CD7F09ADD3644982B145B8A93969E66ED480FF|
|3E829F024D8CBB492DB72F666293FC1EB063C8AAC76A08BC76BB46E25FC57BA15E9|
|F3580DE854644C930BAC022F73EE131ABA90EBEAE73D9BF7C07D7087D9B26D916BB|
|6F4F1789DF6ADC653A8BE88F30C237684D936080E817F992A9DCBCDFB2A6E780E38|
|992E9AF360CEE3FEFF1C4B847AD4B07E83B5E3EBE00AB8C60CAE3237C8A71739DEE|
|77CEEE012F80CB7E62933B2CCF493071F3CF83A84F4109154C532E98D78E68DBB7C|
|9E106A1442ED42A8DD7D5ACE8F75FCBFB0C74FE627F2D50A5FADE739DE718659761|
|6E373A8D76755F21EA5B6CBF72523DAE1A796BC76F01EA203F57A4C08E39687DD5C|
|070FC57543EB5EC5DD54F36F2CFDB26F83AFA0648245B3DD454AA448E929527A8B9|
|4D1AC02CFC2CE5EC6D5FC97402838DBB68334DC7F71893A01AA4D13D7AFE23A9F6B|
|AB10932D8ED4760A9A227EABB226158B7C7F370FC68738DEEECC7F5132530E3923D|
|82AB545BAE51108AFFC85FE9F5AEAF342997F5D370107|
Edited by Schiz0
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 8:46 PM, Frostweaver said:

back in the day, Ill/rad was absolutely the way to go.

In today's IO set environment, though, Ill/Traps is far faster at Killing GM's and Bosses, and can provide real DPS to a team. Trip mines and, like Coyote said, hole-fillers for illusion like web grenade, caltrops, and seeker drones to add more control effects to your hold/fear.

Plus, of course, a shield drone that provides excellent defense PLUS mez protection.

Rad was better when there were few ways to cap recharge, but with LOTG procs and set bonuses, perma-PA is easy for just about anyone... Now you have Dark, Plants, Poison, and sonic able to solo GM's as well... not as fast, not as efficiently, but they provide lots of alternative to a team that rad does not (although rad definitely has it's team benefits).

But traps with illusion is just a top notch overperformer. a few days ago one of my trip mines (I got lucky with containment, procs, and was damage capped with reds and incarnate stuff) blew over a quarter of Black Swan's HP off in 1 shot (as a +4 AV!) and arresting her was an absolute breeze. Even soloing the ITF is a breeze because you tend to have lots of very tough, additional targets for things to beat on instead of YOU. Trip mines and poison mines help stop ambushes, and actually KILL stuff rather than just controlling it for a while.

Now I want to try this. Do you have a build you can share? 

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

I run this its been pretty much unkillable so far

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

ILL TRAPS INCARNATE: Level 50 Natural Controller
Primary Power Set: Illusion Control
Secondary Power Set: Traps
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Spectral Wounds            EntChs-Heal%:35(A), EntChs-Acc/Dmg:35(3), EntChs-Dmg/EndRdx:35(3), EntChs-Dmg/Rchg:35(5), EntChs-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:35(5)
Level 1:    Web Grenade            GrvAnc-Hold%:50(A), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx:50(7), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg:50(7), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg:50(9), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg:50(9)
Level 2:    Blind                BslGaz-Acc/Hold:30(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg:30(11), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:30(11), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:30(13), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font:50(27)
Level 4:    Triage Beacon            NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg:50(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg:50(15)
Level 6:    Flash                BslGaz-Acc/Hold:30(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg:30(13), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:30(15), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:30(17)
Level 8:    Superior Invisibility        Rct-ResDam%:50(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(19), Rct-Def/Rchg:50(19), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:50(21), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(21), Rct-Def:50(23)
Level 10:    Acid Mortar            TchofLadG-DefDeb/Rchg:40(A), TchofLadG-Rchg/EndRdx:40(23), TchofLadG-%Dam:50(25), AchHee-ResDeb%:20(25)
Level 12:    Caltrops            TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow:50(A), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow:50(27)
Level 14:    Boxing                Empty(A)
Level 16:    Force Field Generator        LucoftheG-Def:50(A), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg:50(17), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg:50(31), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(33), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(33)
Level 18:    Phantom Army            ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg:50(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(34), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg:50(34), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg:50(34), SlbAll-Build%:50(36), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg:50(36)
Level 20:    Poison Trap            UnbCns-Dam%:50(A), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg:50(29), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg:50(29), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg:50(31), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold:50(36)
Level 22:    Tough                GldArm-3defTpProc:50(A), GldArm-ResDam:50(39), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(39)
Level 24:    Weave                LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(39)
Level 26:    Spectral Terror            SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%:50(A), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx:50(40), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg:50(40), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg:50(40), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear:50(43)
Level 28:    Seeker Drones            CldSns-%Dam:30(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb:30(42), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg:30(43), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:30(43)
Level 30:    Hasten                RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(48)
Level 32:    Phantasm            ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg:50(A), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg:50(37), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx:50(45), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(45), OvrFrc-Dam/KB:50(45)
Level 35:    Charged Armor            UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam:50(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(48)
Level 38:    Trip Mine            Arm-Dam%:50(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(42), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(46), Arm-Dmg:50(46), SuddAcc--KB/+KD:50(48)
Level 41:    Power Sink            EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg:50(A)
Level 44:    Maneuvers            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(46)
Level 47:    Combat Jumping            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 49:    Super Speed            BlsoftheZ-ResKB:50(A)
Level 1:    Brawl                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Containment    
Level 1:    Prestige Power Dash        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Slide        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Quick        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Rush        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Surge        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Sprint                Empty(A)
Level 2:    Rest                Empty(A)
Level 4:    Ninja Run    
Level 2:    Swift                Run-I:50(A)
Level 2:    Health                Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), Mrc-Rcvry+:40(50), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(50)
Level 2:    Hurdle                Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2:    Stamina                PrfShf-End%:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod:50(50)
Level 50:    Agility Core Paragon    
Level 50:    Ageless Core Epiphany    
Level 50:    Support Core Embodiment    
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|MxDz;1508;722;1444;HEX;|
|78DA6593C94F535114C6EFED7BB502455A4A192D4399A796AA0BE3108265B0DA12A|
|4D52D7991024D6ADBBCB6892E5D2B4E1B961A8DA09298F8271857C6B8D3681407A2|
|5137326A346EEAE17D074AD29736BFF7BE33DC73CEBD377471D0FA78E472BF90367|
|F5C4BA727FCC944464FC6E351DD32AA65B2BA1617F43802C16063647C602CDC1818|
|F50F8C8F0E44862CA437E7DDB7233D81783C9B8E2513DB827397CF89ECD49427A26|
|BA9B4281D4B92F3706C7A26134B4C171B5FE154343A5966BC06A3DA64544FCFC452|
|D6EDEF14F9D50CA562E73D83C90BB1849649EA13A1EC44484B67A2FAA56A2AA783F|
|EB7A5E027A78A9B04B72A4CB3CC6BA07A9D79037CD7B62BE6AC49089F2AF6449861|
|70EF38F30C7887D6911C235F91E65245F16BE61BD0FA16ACA5FF56CC12ADA320462|
|A616968FB42E05D821936C5CCF9AC9C6F1FE7B371BE7BE46B3116CF992D9B8A115F|
|BEC15C072BD698AB60E50AF8816A28E2758A9E53BE76B2BD00AB5FA2B7EAA744872|
|ADE936F09D75BB2883A6B9F8092F6BF1436519AA3477C24EF32AEAAAC025EB672B0|
|DE0E363A9936E66954759F3EEDC866B6AFA28AA60DE626730D6CF633FBC14FB4AE8|
|377C21180B67F84390CD60F71CC4950A1EA9DA8D5E43C801ADABCCC2A694C59259F|
|2AF8C82AAEBB8DFB9A27D470BD358B88AB7F04B63F643E602E805DF3E067AAB78E7|
|7A0EE0776B4F32BD8F58DF91D74530D2EAEC1D52D8C782F7381F406EEBB8167D3C2|
|B3EA5967F20C7B96B1F655821BF914F75F682DBF98BF41EF1F7099EA6CE51E5B8F2|
|34FE731E651B0F708F330E8FD82937E45D9BA8DD2381D1DB3B0D9A9976EEEA59BE7|
|D9CBF3AC249B0736E1615B33697D7CC2FA96783FD59D9B4ABFAD53E7CA2BB9AE026|
|B5F81E22B500E1628870A94608132A6EEDC7F210DA5C8B673BB733F8BC9CAFDC85E|
|ECD76A5E33C926CCD8774A1A37CF770E3DAFEC8EEB40DC5A5E93720E73F0DD02FF5|
|51260CBCDD125F0F1FACFDCF9F7FF367E0067|

On 8/2/2020 at 12:33 PM, Meknomancer said:

I run this its been pretty much unkillable so far

[Ill/Traps build]

Curious -- what does "unkillable" mean to your Ill/traps build? For me, I'm running +4/*8 ITF to test my ill/rad. Then going to run all the AV arcs at the same max diff settings. 

Update: finished the ITF +4/*8. Now curious if ill/traps can do that. I'm fairly certain it can, but would be nice to hear from someone who's done it.

Update 2: went to beta and started an ill/traps on an ITF. That thing does insane damage! And really nice defenses with ff gen and triage. I think it has the upper hand over ill/rad. I haven't even learned the proper /traps play style yet.

Edited by Olly
update

Not dying vs anything so far but i don't play it much or test it that hard, i used to play an ill/dark for a long time on live and it soloed everything i tested it against and finished up taking on GW+LR in RV in the last hour before game closed and is still my favourite ill troll so the traps doesnt see much action.