i'd like to see the forums cleaned up a bit too, like out of date builds archived,

a build subforum for each AT at least, but ideally per primary set for each AT if possible, then when someone asks if there's a build for Primary/Secondary, they can see it right away in the AT Forum that they want a build for. and future builds can be added as each player makes one. thus making it easier to see what's been tried vs not for those willing to provide their builds

Like that you mean?

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I don't think it's a good idea to do it how you suggest as there are both Primary and Secondary to consider. If I want to talk about a Rad/Sonic defender, I don't want to have to post in both the Radiation Emission sub-forum and also the Sonic-Attack sub-forum.

What I'd rather see is Powerset sub-forums. So if I want to talk strictly about Time Manipulation, I can be talking to Defenders, Corruptors, Controllers, and Masterminds who play the set. If I want to talk Street Justice I can talk to Tankers, Brutes, Scrappers and Stalkers who play the set. If they can do something like that, cool. But it's fine as is, mostly.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

5 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Like that you mean?

yes, like this, then those looking for a build in that AT forum can find it a lot easier then rooting through how many pages for each? i limit mine to <1year now, as i think most older than that would be too dated to use.

3 hours ago, Bopper said:

I don't think it's a good idea to do it how you suggest as there are both Primary and Secondary to consider. If I want to talk about a Rad/Sonic defender, I don't want to have to post in both the Radiation Emission sub-forum and also the Sonic-Attack sub-forum.

What I'd rather see is Powerset sub-forums. So if I want to talk strictly about Time Manipulation, I can be talking to Defenders, Corruptors, Controllers, and Masterminds who play the set. If I want to talk Street Justice I can talk to Tankers, Brutes, Scrappers and Stalkers who play the set. If they can do something like that, cool. But it's fine as is, mostly.

i can see how that'd work for discussion, but for find a build specific to the AT's powersets, what i'm suggesting would make it a lot easier. somewhat similar to what happens on the discord. perhaps if it was just builds, than a link to the post it's from for discussion could help?

Edited by twospirited
adding more to my comment.

48 minutes ago, twospirited said:

i can see how that'd work for discussion, but for find a build specific to the AT's powersets, what i'm suggesting would make it a lot easier. somewhat similar to what happens on the discord. perhaps if it was just builds, than a link to the post it's from for discussion could help?

It will depend on how someone presents it. But if folks are doing a Short/Long forum post, it will provide information about the Archetype, Primary, and Secondary. Those all follow a format. So you can do a search for... let's say:

Tanker
Primary Power Set: Stone Armor
Secondary Power Set: Super Strength

Your search would be: "Tanker Primary Power Set: Stone Armor Secondary Power Set: Super Strength"

And anyone who posted in that format will have the build available to you.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

It will depend on how someone presents it. But if folks are doing a Short/Long forum post, it will provide information about the Archetype, Primary, and Secondary. Those all follow a format. So you can do a search for... let's say:

Tanker
Primary Power Set: Stone Armor
Secondary Power Set: Super Strength

Your search would be: "Tanker Primary Power Set: Stone Armor Secondary Power Set: Super Strength"

And anyone who posted in that format will have the build available to you.

so, just make it a build only post, but it's all the discussions that fill the rest of the AT, and that's what makes finding a build so annoying, sorting throught what is a build vs what's just a discussion. that's what i'm hoping to alleviate

• 4 weeks later
On 6/26/2020 at 8:32 PM, twospirited said:

so, just make it a build only post, but it's all the discussions that fill the rest of the AT, and that's what makes finding a build so annoying, sorting throught what is a build vs what's just a discussion. that's what i'm hoping to alleviate

But here is the caveat.. The discussion and proceeding post within the thread with builds and changes is what makes the build sometimes..  

Don't get me wrong but I have seen people post builds and then say this build is doing 4/8 when just looking at the build you already know there are doubts that is occurring.

I think the talk after the build sometimes is more important. 

Would be nice if they sensed build data and auto-magically created a tag for the post.  Like mentioned above.

It sees this

"bcolor=#B3CAF7]Level 50 Natural Sentinel-color][/b]
bcolor=#489AFF]Primary Power Set[:] color]color=#B3CAF7]Dual Pistols
bcolor=#489AFF]Secondary Power Set[:] color]color=#B3CAF7]Super Reflexesb

{Had to break it, to make it appear}

Level 50 Natural Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Dual Pistols
Secondary Power Set: Super Reflexes

And creates tags accordingly. Some kind of regex because that pretty much never changes regardless of the color.

OR 

You start the trend.. 
Hey moving forward when you post a build please create these tags for the build.. 
Maybe have a sticky on each forum stating that..

Someone sees a build thread and adds the tags. But again that would allow other people to tag your thread.  So we would be self policing.. Eventually everyone would get the gist and follow along. 

But yet again that would require everyone to follow the same format.. So Super Reflexes would have to be Super Reflexes NOT SR, S/R, Super Reflex, Super R.. ETC..ETC... 
Again the only way to do this is players would have to be allowed to tag other threads.

You would have to or should copy and paste right from the text of the build or add whatever combinations in between as long as you search the specific forums. But again I did find Kin builds in the Corruptors forums that helped my Mastermind build.

Capture.PNG.3b8a6dce00be605905c02d619c530977.PNG

I think the easiest would be Start a Trend with the help of the forum mods to create a sticky

The other issue is we would need the option to search tags, which appears we cannot atm.

Edited by plainguy

You CAN search by tags.  Just click on the magnifying glass next to the search box to bring up the Advanced Search options.  Right above the "Content Type" header, there are two options, one is "+Search By Tags" and the other is "+Search By Author".  Click "+Search By Tags".  A text box will appear.  Type in the tag(s) you wish to search for.  Go to the bottom of the page and hit "Search Content".

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

2 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

You CAN search by tags.  Just click on the magnifying glass next to the search box to bring up the Advanced Search options.  Right above the "Content Type" header, there are two options, one is "+Search By Tags" and the other is "+Search By Author".  Click "+Search By Tags".  A text box will appear.  Type in the tag(s) you wish to search for.  Go to the bottom of the page and hit "Search Content".

But we would need to have others care enough to post proper tags.

It would be cool though, because there are enough good builds out there that get lost in the mix..  
I know when this just started up there was a nice AR Device thread where we posted around 20 different builds..  Was a nice place to get different ideas and elements.