Is there an in-game icon/graphic usable for a "blank space"?

r0y

I am filling out my various power trays (1-3) with a simple /macro . nop but would like something other than the default gray (temp power) icon/graphic.

I know the game can use badges, as well, with the /macroimage function, so what I would like to do is have either an as-subdued-as-possible or better-yet-empty graphic/icon for this.

So, hide the ugly grays:

image.png.024e9b53eb3f2f4258a01c8c793009d1.png

Anyone know or suggest an internal image?

You can look through the lists here:

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Macro_image_(Slash_Command)

Edit: Maybe /macro_image "Macro_Button_01" "Tooltip" "Command" is what you're looking for?

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

7 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

Edit: Maybe /macro_image "Macro_Button_01" "Tooltip" "Command" is what you're looking for?

That was the first suggestion that popped to mind for me as well.

You might also be able to use one of the 'pogs' that are the background for enhancement icons. Each enhancement icon is actually made of 4 elements: a left and right half of the border, the background 'pog' that signifies the class of enhancement (defense, damage, etc), and the unique icon image. The 'pogs' are shown on the table on the Enhancement Colors wiki page, under the column 'Color Example'. These are all the pog names I could find in the piggs (spoilered to avoid the wall o' text):

Spoiler

E_POG_ACCURACY
E_POG_BUFF_DAMAGE (lighter rose color)
e_pog_buff_damage_resist
e_pog_buff_defense
e_pog_buff_heal (slightly lighter green than heal)
E_POG_BUFF_TO_HIT
E_POG_CONE_RANGE (slightly darker green than range)
E_POG_CONFUSION_DURATION
E_POG_DAMAGE
E_POG_DAMAGE_RESIST (slightly darker and more blue than run speed)
E_POG_DEBUFF_DAMAGE (dark maroon)
e_pog_debuff_damage_resist (nearly same color as fear duration)
E_POG_DEBUFF_DEFENSE
e_pog_debuff_heal (slightly darker green than heal)
E_POG_DEBUFF_TO_HIT
E_POG_END_DISCOUNT
E_POG_END_DRAIN (slightly darker than end mod)
E_POG_FEAR_DURATION
E_POG_FLY_SPEED
E_POG_HEAL
E_POG_HOLD_DURATION
E_POG_IMMOBILIZATION_DURATION
E_POG_INTAGIBILITY_DURATION
E_POG_INTERRUPT_TIMES
E_POG_JUMP_DISTANCE
E_POG_KNOCKBACK_DISTANCE
E_POG_LEAP_HEIGHT (slightly darker than jump)
E_POG_RADIUS (hot pink)
E_POG_RANGE_INCREASE
E_POG_RECHARGE_TIME
E_POG_RECOVERY
E_POG_RUN_SPEED
E_POG_SLEEP_DURATION
E_POG_SLOW_MOVEMENT
E_POG_STUN_DURATION
E_POG_TAUNT_DURATION

There are ten more pog names listed above than there are in the wiki table, so a few of them are probably unused for enhancements. For those I noted the color as best I could in parentheses. If you have access to a pigg viewer then you can check them out beforehand.

I normally wouldn't post until I could test myself, but I can't test these at the moment so I can't be totally sure they work, But, if you want to try these just use the form below (using the accuracy pog as an example):

/macro_image "E_POG_ACCURACY" "Tooltip" "Command"

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Thanks 1

@AboveTheChemist Just tested, can confirm that these Pogs "work" just like any texture, but they're a bit oversized compared to a regular power icon and take up more room on the tray. Not recommended unless you want a button that makes it slightly harder to select adjacent powers.

@r0y If you want something very unobtrusive, I would recommend one of these two:

/macro_image "icon_ig_storeaccess_color_0" "Tooltip" "Command" - Grey empty circle Pictured in slot 9

/macro_image "icon_ig_storeaccess_color_6" "Tooltip" "Command" - Small white spot Pictured in slot 0

1699658002_SmallPowerIcons.png.d61e0c595a01c260344c324fbc881ba4.png

Edit: These look quite smart. 

bodytype_scroll_tab

bodytype_scroll_tab_over

bodytype_scroll_tab_over_tintable

bodytype_scroll_tab_tintable

138701284_SmallPowerIcons2.png.c2b07e47a60712e850461e5c368d7910.png

Edited by Aberrant
Some more suggestions
  • Thanks 2

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

10 minutes ago, Aberrant said:

@AboveTheChemist Just tested, can confirm that these Pogs "work" just like any texture, but they're a bit oversized compared to a regular power icon and take up more room on the tray. Not recommended unless you want a button that makes it slightly harder to select adjacent powers.

Thanks for checking on that! I was trying to picture it in my mind and thinking the enhancement icons were the same size as power icons, and I should have checked the image dimensions in that wiki page I linked. Stinks that they are too big, I had plans to try a couple of them with some of my macros!

Just checked, even if a texture is too big, it doesn't actually increase the hit box to select the power. Even though the texture squashes on click and mouseover, they won't trigger unless you hit the right area in the tray or prevent activating other powers, so the only worry is obscuring your UI (and large textures seem to cause client errors).

Edited by Aberrant

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

17 hours ago, Aberrant said:

@r0y If you want something very unobtrusive, I would recommend one of these two:

/macro_image "icon_ig_storeaccess_color_0" "Tooltip" "Command" - Grey empty circle Pictured in slot 9

/macro_image "icon_ig_storeaccess_color_6" "Tooltip" "Command" - Small white spot Pictured in slot 0

1699658002_SmallPowerIcons.png.d61e0c595a01c260344c324fbc881ba4.png

Edit: These look quite smart. 

bodytype_scroll_tab

bodytype_scroll_tab_over

bodytype_scroll_tab_over_tintable

bodytype_scroll_tab_tintable

138701284_SmallPowerIcons2.png.c2b07e47a60712e850461e5c368d7910.png

Precisely what I was hoping to find!  I like both the color_0 and color_6... I'll play around with them and see how it looks overall.

Again, thank you all!

• Like 2

• 1 month later