Power Boost and XX/Traps MM

JulioThom33_2

I went to the Red Side to pickup PB for my Bots/Traps MM, and I'm completly underwhemled but the results...

PB didn't affect the defense from Scorpion Shield, from my FF generator, or from the Protector Bot. It didn't affect Barrier - Partial Core either. I DID see a boost to Maneuvers and Assault, but that was about it.

Based on this, I'm guessing that PB only boosts what I do, and not what was done to me (like by my Bots and such)? 

Am I right in thinking that everything PB boosts has to come from me, and if it's from a Trap, it won't get any benefit? If so, I'm bummed, and it's time for a respec...

Powerboost only affects powers you cast.  For example, if you toggle off Scorpion Shield and then trigger PowerBoost before toggling on Scorp Shield again.....it will slightly boost your defense bonus from Scorp Shield.  But that’s kinda worthless to do as you’ll have to toggle off/on Scorp Shield and boost only lasts 10 secs or so.

PowerBoost does boost things like defense bonuses from your secondaries.  It works very well with /Time MM’s.

On 6/30/2020 at 9:22 PM, Crysis said:

Powerboost only affects powers you cast.  For example, if you toggle off Scorpion Shield and then trigger PowerBoost before toggling on Scorp Shield again.....it will slightly boost your defense bonus from Scorp Shield.  But that’s kinda worthless to do as you’ll have to toggle off/on Scorp Shield and boost only lasts 10 secs or so.

PowerBoost does boost things like defense bonuses from your secondaries.  It works very well with /Time MM’s.

While that applies to click powers I'm not convinced it applies to toggles 

5 minutes ago, Chance Jackson said:

While that applies to click powers I'm not convinced it applies to toggles 

Correct. Toggles are basically click powers that are reapplied every couple of seconds and the duration of the effect lasts for those couple of seconds. When you use Scorpion Shield and cast Power Boost, the next tick from Scorpion Shield will be buffed and each tick after that will be buffed the same way, until the effects of Power Boost runs out.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• 2 weeks later
3 hours ago, Six Six said:

Hi guys, quick hijack of the thread...
is Bots/traps too hard for a first time MM player? I'm apprehensive that traps might be tedious to manage and might over-tax my limited brain capacity.

Not at all. It lends itself to a relatively slower, position-defense style of play (defend that flag!). If you can manage tankerminding, you’ll be absolutely fine. There’s a bunch of threads about this style. The granddaddy compilation of tactics and recommendations is here: https://dechskaison.blogspot.com/2012/01/gd-mastermind.html?m=1

Bear in mind that there are more pet uniques now, and it is easier to slot resistance and incorporate damage procs while controlling for knockback. But in the end, this only has an effect on higher level of play (increasing spawn size or levels, or both). 

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Thanks for the encouragement and tips/advise Nyghtmaire. 😃

I mustered up the courage to roll an MM. took him out for a test drive. different, to say the least, but hardly in a bad way. slower, more planned attacks and confrontations (which I like). I doubt if I'll be teaming with him until I'm comfortable enough with my skill. Thanks again. 😃

• Like 1