PVP event with large prizes! Sign up with a group of 4! July 11th at 6PM est!

CR Banana Man

• Community Rep

-Randomly pair up with other teams of 4 people and face off against other team combos in 8v8 matches!

PRIZES!!!
*Members of the winning team will receive AT LEAST 1000 merits each!
*Second place finishers will receive at least 750 merits each!
*Other finalists will receive at least 500 merits each!
*Those who don't win anything above will qualify for raffle prizes!

This event will take place on the INDOMITABLE server on SATURDAY, JULY 11th, at 6:00 PM EASTERN time! NOTE THAT THIS IS 6 EST AND NOT 9. Expect this event to take a few hours from start to finish. Please be on time or early to minimize delays!

All experience levels welcome, obviously! See you there!

Signing up

-Sign up by posting your teams here, or pming me your team (@S) on the PvP discord (which I will then post here).

-Sign ups should contain the most commonly known alias of the player, maybe a commonly used global or two, or your PvP discord alias. If you're not in the PvP discord, it's a great place to be! Here's the join link: https://discord.gg/ACfXPxK

-Feel free to advertise in this thread or on the discord (or almost anywhere) as a free agent if you don't have partners. 

Example signup:

Team WyOWNing, a collection of the finest Wyoming based CoH PvPers

-hot dogger

-Iron Cabbage

-blazingbob55

-WhyOhming Shocker

Rule-set:
-Matches will be 10 minutes, 8v8
-No heal decay, no travel suppression, small insps only
-Alpha incarnate only
-Minimum xp level 50
-No "barcode" names
-animation canceling methods that use emotes and do not cause the player to drop targets (ie /em liedown) are not allowed
-Banned powers:
--Telekinesis
--Electrified Net Arrow

--Stalker Zapp

--All variations of taunt, not to include the passive taunt applied by tanker attacks

-ARCHETYPE LIMITS:
--Once in the match, your team of 8 may have no more than 3 each of the following ATs: Blaster, Dominator, Mastermind, Stalker, Tanker, Brute
--Poison is limited to one per team (your combined 8 person team)

Map Pool: Randomly selected and announced at the start of each round robin round.

Outbreak

Steel

Skyway

Atlas

Striga

Eden

Industrial

Edited by CR Banana Man
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 6/30/2020 at 3:45 PM, CR Banana Man said:

-Banned powers:
--Telekinesis
--Electrified Net Arrow

--Stalker Zapp

--All variations of taunt, not to include the passive taunt applied by tanker attacks

Hi,

I have to admit i really dont understand why Electrified Net Arrow, Stalker Zapp and taunts should be banned 🙂

Thank you !

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

• Community Rep

Electrified net arrow: -jump powers currently have no counter-play. It's possible to permanently prevent one (or several) players from jumping. With things like /trick arrow (non blaster version), or even /devices, this capability, while still annoying and impossible to counter, comes at a cost - by running these things you're sacrificing damage, survivability, and other utility to keep people grounded. These sets also lean heavily on their -jump powers, and there'd be no reason to run them otherwise. Conversely, /Tactical Arrow on blasters, is already a top performing set without the use of electrified net arrow, and from what we saw in earlier KBs on the server when it wasn't banned, matches devolve into 3 people on each team spamming electrified net arrow without consequence between spikes. It's borderline broken and just makes the game really unenjoyable.

Stalker Zapp: Ranged attack that can be fired from complete safety which does comparable damage to an AS. Not much else to say on that one. GPB is also suspect, but at least it's melee I guess, lol.

Taunt:  It's possible to completely lock someone down with this power, with minimal effort. The risk/reward just isn't there, and there's no counter-play. No matter how good a player is, no matter what that player does, if you just follow him spamming taunt, you can limit your target's offensive contribution to zero. You're typically stacking anywhere from 200-300% -range on the person you're taunting, and you're forcing him to target an un-killable character for as long as you do this. It's been pretty hideously broken since live, but even more so now with the increased -range, and the advent of animation cancels. Not only is it objectively the most broken power on this list, but the prospect of people taking time out of their day to show up to an event, then being perma-taunted for entire matches is something I'd like to avoid. It's pretty miserable to play against.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, FireWire1 said:

if anyone would like a target caller/blaster/corr for your 4s team i would like to join, please let me know

I thought you were on Team WyOWNing? aka what's left of GBoTI. Please advise 

On 7/5/2020 at 12:01 AM, CR Banana Man said:

Electrified net arrow: -jump powers currently have no counter-play. It's possible to permanently prevent one (or several) players from jumping. With things like /trick arrow (non blaster version), or even /devices, this capability, while still annoying and impossible to counter, comes at a cost - by running these things you're sacrificing damage, survivability, and other utility to keep people grounded. These sets also lean heavily on their -jump powers, and there'd be no reason to run them otherwise. Conversely, /Tactical Arrow on blasters, is already a top performing set without the use of electrified net arrow, and from what we saw in earlier KBs on the server when it wasn't banned, matches devolve into 3 people on each team spamming electrified net arrow without consequence between spikes. It's borderline broken and just makes the game really unenjoyable.

Stalker Zapp: Ranged attack that can be fired from complete safety which does comparable damage to an AS. Not much else to say on that one. GPB is also suspect, but at least it's melee I guess, lol.

Taunt:  It's possible to completely lock someone down with this power, with minimal effort. The risk/reward just isn't there, and there's no counter-play. No matter how good a player is, no matter what that player does, if you just follow him spamming taunt, you can limit your target's offensive contribution to zero. You're typically stacking anywhere from 200-300% -range on the person you're taunting, and you're forcing him to target an un-killable character for as long as you do this. It's been pretty hideously broken since live, but even more so now with the increased -range, and the advent of animation cancels. Not only is it objectively the most broken power on this list, but the prospect of people taking time out of their day to show up to an event, then being perma-taunted for entire matches is something I'd like to avoid. It's pretty miserable to play against.

as far as i can undestand for elect net arrow (that i love and abuse) :

- Stalkers snipers are the only strong RANGE response to the horde of blasters for a mélée burst AT as stalkers.

- Sure that taunts powers with -range are extremly strong but, IMHO, i love this for giving a strong tool for mélée class in team fight.

I understand that Events are not easy to balance.

But As i see it, this event will be Jumpin' Range vs Jumpin' Range 🙂

Have fun 🙂

1 hour ago, Tsuko said:

as far as i can undestand for elect net arrow (that i love and abuse) :

- Stalkers snipers are the only strong RANGE response to the horde of blasters for a mélée burst AT as stalkers.

- Sure that taunts powers with -range are extremly strong but, IMHO, i love this for giving a strong tool for mélée class in team fight.

I understand that Events are not easy to balance.

But As i see it, this event will be Jumpin' Range vs Jumpin' Range 🙂

Have fun 🙂

Playing against taunt is one of the most miserable things in pvp. You are taken out of the game for 10 mins, no counterplay, no nothing. Breaking LOS rarely does anything(on some maps it's impossible) and even if you do, you still have 2-3 -range debuffs stacked on you. May as well bring back perma caging while we're at it if we're gonna allow taunt lol.

11 hours ago, Tsuko said:

just to be clear, moonbeam isnt banned, just zapp because its damage is overtuned

21 hours ago, M3z said:

Playing against taunt is one of the most miserable things in pvp. You are taken out of the game for 10 mins, no counterplay, no nothing. Breaking LOS rarely does anything(on some maps it's impossible) and even if you do, you still have 2-3 -range debuffs stacked on you. May as well bring back perma caging while we're at it if we're gonna allow taunt lol.

We could say the same for "4 or 5" holds blaster builds toying with mélée AT.

i can understand that for scrappers (and i love my confront lol) cause they kinda have burst but i think that banning 100% Taunt just completly ban Brutes and Tankers.

If devs could change the Taunt -range to be non stackable, maybe.

Well, this is not the thread to debate about this, it's a 4 men tournament after all, OP cannot allow some options.

Have fun 🙂

On 7/5/2020 at 8:26 PM, M3z said:

#burritokingbarrier4eva

but I’m mostly in agreement. Though, having seen certain taunt players (especially one whose name starts with Web), there is at least a measure of positioning skill required to taunt properly. It’s a super low bar, but there are some really short people out there.

The -range might also have some interesting interactions with jaunt and we really shouldn’t be aiming to increase mortality in a game with very few mitigation strategies.

14 hours ago, Tsuko said:

We could say the same for "4 or 5" holds blaster builds toying with mélée AT.

i can understand that for scrappers (and i love my confront lol) cause they kinda have burst but i think that banning 100% Taunt just completly ban Brutes and Tankers.

If devs could change the Taunt -range to be non stackable, maybe.

Well, this is not the thread to debate about this, it's a 4 men tournament after all, OP cannot allow some options.

Have fun 🙂

1. Holds don’t matter that much on blasters. They’re kind of a liability in team settings.

2. Scrappers probably do less damage than tanks and brutes in most 8v8 settings.

4 minutes ago, barrier said:

1. Holds don’t matter that much on blasters. They’re kind of a liability in team settings.

so why not ban any build with more than 2 holds ? 🙂 to be completly and violently honnest, the way i read the "rules", makes me think at a "Kings Blasters and their Empath court" go to their hunting party 🙂

Why not, 4 ranged guys jumping everywhere can eventually be fun.

Sort of flea circus.

4 minutes ago, barrier said:

2. Scrappers probably do less damage than tanks and brutes in most 8v8 settings.

its 4 men tournament 🙂

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Tsuko said:

so why not ban any build with more than 2 holds ? 🙂 to be completly and violently honnest, the way i read the "rules", makes me think at a "Kings Blasters and their Empath court" go to their hunting party 🙂

Why not, 4 ranged guys jumping everywhere can eventually be fun.

Sort of flea circus.

its 4 men tournament 🙂

Okay dude, go read up the rules. It's 4-man teams paired into 8v8 setups.

Why are you so concerned with the number of holds? Holds don't stack anymore, this isn't PVE.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, barrier said:

Okay dude, go read up the rules. It's 4-man teams paired into 8v8 setups.

Why are you so concerned with the number of holds? Holds don't stack anymore, this isn't PVE.

NP "dude" 🙂

Take a Deep breath, DUDE 😄

Have fun in your "Blaster circus tournament" DUDE 😄

It's cool that the OP create events for DUDES 🙂

PS : no seriously, creating events is nice and it requires hard work, kudos to the OP 

Edited by Tsuko
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

On 7/5/2020 at 12:16 PM, FUBARczar said:

Any team shy a player?  Will play for free...

Still available  😀

5 hours ago, vegetableknife said:

why cant it be kyle, madvillain, vegetableknife, larry lobster on a team?

let me know if one of those won't be joining...