Help Choosing an Archetype for Solo

Archmage1000

So heres what I am looking for.  Something that can solo well and clear missions reasonably fast.  Range is perfered, but not required.  Money doesn't matter on build but lets not get too crazy.  Having some type of heal would be nice just "in case situations" but again not required if the archetype can stay alive well without it

If you have any suggestions and have a build for it that would be awesome.

Doesnt have to be true solo.  I have a friend that is playing also that we will team up with lots also, but having more of a solo ability will be nice

Thanks for taking the time to help

I was thinking Widow or Claws/EnA Scrapper. I'm attaching a build for the latter, Claws have two really good ranged attacks, and if you add Blaze Mastery you can have a pretty decent ranged DpS chain (although you'll want to move into melee to hit some follow-ups in there for the damage buff.

This is not a completed, build, just something I threw together in the last five minutes. It provides a good mix of melee/ranged/survivability/dps & fun (I hope).

Pique Vu.mxd

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

A Blaster with a good build. Uses Melee attacks also.

A Dominator with a good build. Though a lot of it's attacks are melee also.

Sentinel. Not the highest damage but pretty sturdy.

An Arachnos Fortunata/Widow . Team buffs and damage and quite sturdy.

A fire/Kinetics Corruptor. Teams will love you and good damage with a good build.

Edited by Gobbledegook

Sentinels. low learning curve, ranged, you don't need to worry about mez. As with any build they can be very sturdy with investment, and certain armor secondaries have self heal/end management/stealth tools so that leveling them is not a chore either.

I think a xxx/ninjitsu sentinel will suit your goals well.

• Like 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

2 minutes ago, Nemu said:

Sentinels. low learning curve, ranged, you don't need to worry about mez. As with any build they can be very sturdy with investment, and certain armor secondaries have self heal/end management/stealth tools so that leveling them is not a chore either.

I think a xxx/ninjitsu sentinel will suit your goals well.

I run a Dark/Nin Sentinel and I can echo this sentiment. Dark Blast has an extra attack/heal in Life Drain, and the debuffs in the set effectively stack with Ninjitsu's mitigation, and there is some good headroom to boost performance with I/Os if you like the character later.

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

If you go with Sentinel, be sure to pay attention to your damage/debuff powers. Yes, they can take a beating, and can usually hold their own. But there is a handful of content that you might have trouble with simply because the EB heals too fast.

If you go with a Blaster/corruptor, I think a moderately built blaster is achievable by early 30s. Mez is a big problem for me with blasters; if you can mitigate that, then your foes will be dead before they have a chance to draw their weapons. These bad boys can even handle TFs solo.

Spiders (Soldiers and Widows) can be quite a pain in the low levels. But they become awfully strong mid-end game. If you stick with it, you will be rewarded by mid 30s.

Khelds (PBs and WSs) are very strong in the early game, and quite versatile if you get the hang of tri-form (which I haven't). But even in human-only form, they are still quite formidable. You'll find yourself racing to the higher levels to be rid of the mez factor. And once you're there, you are an EPIC AT (as it says on the tin). Human only will tend to force you to fight melee, though.

Doms and Trollers are a bit tricky for me since I'm just getting into them. I myself haven't figured out how to handle them solo. I usually need a buddy or two with me. Same with MMs, I just rolled my very first MM, so I can't offer any advice or feedback.

So far I a made a MM (2 actually) Bot and Demons to try Bots/Dark and Demons/Thermal (not sure on how I like Demon/Thermal yet)

Going to make a Sentinel, just needing a build for a very good one, tried /SR didn't care for it much

Working on a Brute also to see how it plays out, have a good build for that so far its decent

Khelds sound fun but dont want to have to do Tri-Form, I assume you can do a Human only build

If you prefer range, then I’d either go blaster or sentinel. Blaster will have better damage, but sentinel will have better survivability with a smaller investment. 

I think sentinel will overall have a smoother leveling experience, however I think blasters have overall more potential once both have a full build. 

I have a beam rifle / energy aura sentinel that is quite amazing. It has great defense, can pick up rune of protection to stack resists, and has a heal and endurance recovery. Beam rifle has respectable damage and should clear things fast enough. 

If you want to take on some more risk for a more fast paced play style then I would go with a blaster. Nothing is more fun than a dual pistols / martial combat blaster.  With somewhat of an investment it can solo with the best of them.  Keep in mind though the hail of bullets (the dual pistols nuke) is currently bugged and not doing its full damage. The devs are aware of this though and have a fix planned to go out sometime in the hopefully near future. 

Brute (Ice/Fire) is actaully working about nicely so far only lvl 33

Mastermind is doing well also forgot what level I got them to, Bots/Dark

Havn't made the Sentinel yet, still trying to come up with something.  Thinking Beam/??? not sure on what to take.  I have had a few /SR and a /Dark, not sure about those

Thinking of trying Energy Aura, any thoughts on that?

• 1 month later
On 7/23/2020 at 7:17 AM, Archmage1000 said:

Brute (Ice/Fire) is actaully working about nicely so far only lvl 33

Mastermind is doing well also forgot what level I got them to, Bots/Dark

Havn't made the Sentinel yet, still trying to come up with something.  Thinking Beam/??? not sure on what to take.  I have had a few /SR and a /Dark, not sure about those

Thinking of trying Energy Aura, any thoughts on that?

Beam rifle/energy aura sentinel is pretty good. Very tough with soft capped type defenses, high resists when stacked with rune of protection, a good heal, + recharge, and great endurance tools. Energy aura is one the best mitigation sets for any archetype that can take it. It also works well with pretty much any primary. 

Beam rifle sentinel is pretty good. Out of the sentinels I’ve made, it is the set that feels the best damage wise. Fast recharging nuke that will basically fill your opportunity meter each time you use it.