Set Scores (because why not :P)

BasherBot

So, the deal here is, with the help of you all, I would like to score as many power sets as possible based on various aspects. The categories are as followed:

Damage Sets (Ranged and Melee)

Single Target Damage 1-10

AoE Damage 1-10

Utility 1-10

Defense Sets:

Defense 1-10

Healing 1-10

AoE Damage 1-10

Support Sets:

Utility 1-10

Healing 1-10

Ally Buffing 1-10

Debuff 1-10

Control Sets:

Utility 1-10

AoE Control 1-10

Pet Power 1-10

Blast Sets:

Damage 1-10

Utility 1-10

Suitability 1-10

Assault Sets:

Single Target Damage 1-10

AoE Damage 1-10

Utility 1-10

Pet Sets:

Pet Power 1-10

Petless Damage 1-10

Pet Buffs 1-10

Universal scores:

Visual Flair 1-10

Enjoyable 1-10

Difficulty 1-10

For example, Archery would have a 7 in Single Target, a 5 in AoE and a 3 in utility. It has good single target attacks while still having a good number of AoE options... however, it lacks utility since it doesn't have a baked in debuff or mez while only having Stunning Arrow as an option for utility specific moves.

I hope you all have fun with this topic :3

Edited by BasherBot
  • Like 2

My take on my Scrapper.

Katana

Single Target Damage: 10 - (Soaring Dragon and Golden Dragonfly are no joke)

AoE Damage: 4 - (AoE is a bit weak)

Utility: 7 - (Divine Avalanche is an incredible ability for +DEF)

Re: support sets. Little too limited, missing debuffing as well. Some sets do little to nothing for "ally buffing," but are still beasts.

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Perhaps 'healing' in support could be 'damage mitigation', so that +defence and +resistance sets can be compared. Buffs, then, would be the support toon's ability to make their teammates wreak more havoc.

This is cool, though, and I like the criteria. I'll have a think as I play some sets.

1 hour ago, Lines said:

Perhaps 'healing' in support could be 'damage mitigation', so that +defence and +resistance sets can be compared. Buffs, then, would be the support toon's ability to make their teammates wreak more havoc.

This is cool, though, and I like the criteria. I'll have a think as I play some sets.

I personally would put defense and resist buffs under ally buffing since most of those buffs are not usable on oneself.

35 minutes ago, arcaneholocaust said:

Titan Weapons specifically needs a “Clunkiness” score so it can fail in a category.

actually, it would get a 10 in clunkiness, those meaning it aces that category... rather then failing it XD

Blaster dual pistols

single target - 6

aoe - 8 

utility - 8

style/fun - 100 100 trillion Google Plex Infinity

Compared to something like fire or ice the single target damage isn’t really there even with procs, but it’s not horrible.  I mean it’s still a blaster.  I think it is one of the better AoE damage primaries though. Bullet rain is decent and short cooldown. Hail of bullets (when not bugged) is pretty good and can be on a shortish cooldown of 25 seconds or so. 

I think dual pistols has pretty good utility with its swap ammo capability and built in effects based on ammo. 

As for style/fun - dual pistols is the undisputed champion especially when paired with martial combat. 

Edit: more accurate style/fun number. 

Edited by Saikochoro

I'd rank all the scrapper/brute/tanker sets, both attack and armor categories a DerPS factor of 11 out of 10. Stalkers sets get a DerPS factor of 8/10, those guys, you can't trust those guys to go full DerP.

Complimented by the Eddy Gordo score of 10/10 - button mashers rejoice!

2 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

As for style/fun - dual pistols is the undisputed champion especially when paired with martial combat. 

Ninja training has entered chat.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!