Booster Pack Rewards

Ry

So far the only way to get a Booster Pack whether its Hero/Villain or whatever is by buying them. Honestly, that being the ONLY way to do it is kind of lame. Maybe throw in a few of them for Taskforces or Trials? Or have them as an option instead of bonus merits for the weekly?

Or something?

Please? 😧

• Like 1

Eh. It only costs in-game influence, not real-life monies, and it's not hard to pile up a hundred mil a week (Honestly, I think that's a *very* modest figure.) with even part-time marketeering for a half hour a couple times a week. 

I don't mind it staying right as it is. 

I will admit I did used to wonder how people ever afforded them back when I was levelling up my first characters and hadn't learned of the glorious awesomeness that are Enhancement Converters.

Edited by MTeague
  • Like 1

I wouldn't argue with the winter / ATOs dropping extremely rarely outside of the packs. OTOH the packs themselves dropping would make getting the ATO-less ones less annoying, since you haven't dropped 10 (or 25) mil on it.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I think it would be cool to work them or the ATOs/WinterOs into gameplay rewards somehow, with such rarity that the 10/25mil cost for a pack is still a good baseline.

Not sure what that would look like, though.

• Like 1

My gut instinct is that we have a lot of rewards already.  It would be cool to get a lottery ticket and get a Winter Pack to drop, but I'd expect/hope for the odds to be extremely low, and in exchange for other rewards (like purples) drop rates to be cut.

Who run Bartertown?

Packs are plenty available, enough that we've already seen in the past few months a decrease in AH prices for most of the stuff that comes out of packs.  If granted as a reward, it should be almost as rare as a purple drop (and I get few enough of those already).  I could almost see them being sold at the Merit Vendor, but not everything needs to be in one place like a convenience store.

Spend the 10M inf (or 25M) to buy a pack.  Unlike most things in the game, packs used to cost real money.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, FrauleinMental said:

Packs are plenty available, enough that we've already seen in the past few months a decrease in AH prices for most of the stuff that comes out of packs.  If granted as a reward, it should be almost as rare as a purple drop (and I get few enough of those already).  I could almost see them being sold at the Merit Vendor, but not everything needs to be in one place like a convenience store.

If we're looking specifically at ATOs, which I think most people buy the packs for, they *are* sold at the merit vendor. The rest of the stuff is nice - and does drop, generally - but the ATOs tend to be the focus. Though it *would* be nice to have an alternate way to get them.

Heck, I'll buy a Winter IO, sell it for 17-25 million, and turn around and buy a hero/villain or rogue/vig pack sometimes. 🙂 That way I take a shot at what's in it and still have some inf left over.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

for non-card drops,

• I admit I've never bought a single Unslotter, because I still have a few hundred from opening packs. 
  • I've still got an extra 30+ respecs on tap in my email as well. 
  • getting Brain Storm ideas in bulk can be nice.  My personal base salvage racks are stocked with rare salvage because I'll let them pile up to 400-600 brain storm ideas at a time, then crunch them all into rare salvage. 
  • can scoop up some Boosters / Catalysts on the side, but you're not going to get them in BULK unless you're buying a gazillion packs. 
  • the Candy Canes are nice in the winter packs.  I don't have all the Winter Event Badges yet.
  • I wish I could vendor/sell the Tailor Tokens. I'll NEVER use them. Ever. Not until I get all the tailor badges anyway.
  • the inspirations are "meh" at best to me. 
  • Like 1

Opening boosters is fun, and I wish there were ways to get them besides deciding to buy yourself one, but I wouldn't want it to be something too common that would devalue them.

They'd definitely make fun prizes for community- or Homecoming team-run events.

• Like 1