Add an 8th enhancement tab, or add 3 more so we can have 10

I don't know that I'd personally need more enhancement tabs. Lately, though, I'd been rather wishing I had a button to just "compact enhancements," though, as I sell off SOs that drop and fill spaces between IOs I craft. It takes a while sometimes to move them around between tabs so I can see just how many I have (and, honestly, *what* i have) on some characters.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

In the past 1.5 weeks I have crafted about 300 IO if not 400, on my farm brute before I toss them in storage when it fills up.  70 is fine, if respec just pop out like 15 to be on the safe side, drop in storage than respec.  Don't even bother keeping SO if you plan to sell, a level 50 recipe is worth 10x the amount and 500k to craft assuming you already have the salvage, drop in storage and delete to SO, 3 sec for each one. 

Its time management, not salvage or recipe management.  Find a system that works for you and devote some time every couple of days.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

70 accommodates a respec with a character unslotting all enhancements. If not for respecs we likely wouldn't have that many.

Edit: Turns out I totally forgot about the initial slot per power.. and multiforms. Given that, it is not an unreasonable request.

Edited by Troo
  • Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

56 minutes ago, Troo said:

70 accommodates a respec with a character unslotting all enhancements.

It really doesn't, though. I mean sure, if you only count the enhancement slots that you add, there are 67 total slots placed at level 50, but that ignores the initial slot in each power (24 choices + 7 inherent, skipping the prestige sprints) for a total of 98 slots to fill for most characters. So the suggested 100 would actually meet what you're saying, unless you're talking about a Kheld with at least one other form.

I'm not saying we need to be able to carry that many enhancements, just stating that it takes multiple respecs to strip a fully slotted high level character.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Greycat said:

I don't know that I'd personally need more enhancement tabs. Lately, though, I'd been rather wishing I had a button to just "compact enhancements," though, as I sell off SOs that drop and fill spaces between IOs I craft. It takes a while sometimes to move them around between tabs so I can see just how many I have (and, honestly, *what* i have) on some characters.

This is less than perfect, but you can compact down a little faster by putting the enhancements in the AH (not listed, just stored), then taking them back out, at which point they move to the lowest available space in your trays.

I'd also like a one button solution.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, siolfir said:

It really doesn't, though. I mean sure, if you only count the enhancement slots that you add, there are 67 total slots placed at level 50, but that ignores the initial slot in each power (24 choices + 7 inherent, skipping the prestige sprints) for a total of 98 slots to fill for most characters. So the suggested 100 would actually meet what you're saying, unless you're talking about a Kheld with at least one other form.

I'm not saying we need to be able to carry that many enhancements, just stating that it takes multiple respecs to strip a fully slotted high level character.

This ^^.  It really isn't enough when doing a total respec.  I have more than once on Live and Homecoming had characters where I was not reusing any previous enhancements when respecing.   There are not enough slots to hold all of the enhancements that you could have slotted.  This meant slotting stuff I wasn't going to use and then either blowing another respec or using a bunch of unslotters to get rid of what I didn't want and having to spend a bunch of influence to do so.

• Thanks 1

As an ebil cowman, I recognize that granting more enhancement slots would directly benefit the power marketeers.  I think we already have too much power.

i suspect that the 70 number was chosen specifically for respecs, and I think that for the vast majority of cases it’s plenty enough.  And if it isn’t, respecs are cheap and plentiful.

Personally I’d like to see the number of enhancement slots drop to something like 30, which seems to me a goodish number for people just playing the game “normally”.  We don’t need to make the game any easier for power marketeers, trust me!  It’s already plenty easy.

Who run Bartertown?

2 hours ago, siolfir said:

This.  I sometimes strip an older 50 that I'm not playing much in order to equip a newer 50, and having to burn two respecs and/or a bunch of unslotters for that is frustrating, when I know that the 70 slots limit is arbitrary.  They could easily just tack on another 3 trays for a full 100, in the same way they tacked on the additional 4 to make 70.

Or at least add something to P2W for additional trays, say at 100K Inf each.  I'd gladly spend the 300K per char for that, if we really need the Inf sink.

• Like 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Yeah I mean ultimately it's a suggestion that would be beneficial in edge cases but the point about respecs generating over 90 enhancements does give it practical value and I can't imagine it would be a huge hurdle to put in the game. 

I remember well the 10 slot limit we used to have and I struggle to find a practical reason to limit it to 70 for same reason one might struggle to limit it to 10. It's a relic of a first or second "gen" MMO grind for the sake of grind, "limit things to increase the grind" mindset that people had back then when these games were being made. It's a very outdated mindset.

It would jack up the potential size of character databases so that's something practical I guess but I have no idea if the DBs are that limited. 

• Like 1