Nota request, but could be (Claws)

Solarverse

Claws are fun, no doubt about it, and I have fun with the set no matter what. Having said that, do you think the set should get a damage buff or do you feel it is fine as is?

Edited by Solarverse

I have two claws toons. On my Dominator, it does feel like she could use more damage... but then again all my dominators' attacks are quite lacking. I suppose that's because they're secondary powers (I have no problem with their primary control powers). On my brute, however, I feel it's fine. Numbers-wise, I don't think it measures up to my Energy Melee brute, but nor does it lag far behind. I think the claw's combo-mechanic makes up for it, so an attack chain to maximise that mechanic worked for me. He still cuts down the same amount and notoriety of mobs as my other Brutes and Scrappers.

Between you an me, the quietness of the claws maybe why it doesn't feel as strong. It doesn't have the oomph of other melee attacks. It was the case with my Katana scrapper. the vanilla blade sound felt weaker, but your lightsaber made her attacks feel like they're hitting harder.

PS. My Brute claws is a guy with a lion head and your Lion Roar Taunt is awesome, though 😃

Edited by Six Six

I'm all for buffs ^^

... but it's also the best set as far as I am concerned. On non-tankers it has a gapless self-contained AoE chain, it has all powers early (thus exemplars well), animates fast and etc on top of Shockwave mitigation.

On Tankers I've been unable to find something that breaks my record (2:30 on a non whiffing run but 2:45 average) which while still behind double stack Rage and Titan Weapons is still a better set that those two.

Ahhh, see, I play it on a Stalker...so it has no combos and it has no AoEs. So maybe that's why I find it lagging behind...and not to mention, it's all lethal damage, which makes the hits land even softer. It's a hella fun set though, so i wouldn't stop playing it even if they nerfed the damage, but compared to all of my other melee Stalkers, it feels less damaging than the rest of them.

3 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Ahhh, see, I play it on a Stalker...so it has no combos and it has no AoEs. So maybe that's why I find it lagging behind...and not to mention, it's all lethal damage, which makes the hits land even softer. It's a hella fun set though, so i wouldn't stop playing it even if they nerfed the damage, but compared to all of my other melee Stalkers, it feels less damaging than the rest of them.

Claw is one of those sets, like dark that is best in its original format on something like a xcrapper. Stalkers are super fun, and super deadly have a few at 50 myself. However offense sets that often have the best reputation in general tend to be the worsts on stalker because they are usually the best because they use something other then generic build up for their sets dmg buff. Follow up when it is basically used as an every other attack in a rotation, can let one maintain a constant dmg buff that surpasses the spike dps of classic build up quite well.

Stalker can make anything pretty deadly, but yeah in general stalkers are best with sets that had build up as a core, and its just kind of the price of power porting. Not every melee set can be given to the stalkers with just a simple swap to build up and have it really feel as fun as it was.

IMO try something really classic like a claw/regen scrapper or brute, and focus on extreme global recharge to leverage follow up and all the regen clickies. You may be surprised to find one of the original iconic combos on a set often lamented as terribly gimped( regen) can hold its own with the best META when well played.

5 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

The only change I'd like to see for claws would be for eviscerate to be given swipe's original animation (cat going insane on scratching post) as an alternate choice.

I support the alternate choice...even though I think you are crazy for wanting it😄

3 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I support the alternate choice...even though I think you are crazy for wanting it😄

I'm ok with that. You wouldn't be the first to question my grasp on sanity. This is why more choices is always the best course of action. It's why Sent SR was done correctly. People have the choice to go with either a click that adds absorption, thus radically improving SR's survivability and making mez protection passive, or to continue on with a click mez protection for... reasons.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

So..since all teh replies seem to be different..are we talking Claws OR Savage Melee?

Lots of mixed info about combos and aoes and stalkers. Claws has no combos..on any AT!

We should be talking about Claws.  😄

3 hours ago, Solarverse said:

We should be talking about Claws.  😄

Stop talking about me, it's rude. 

On topic, yes, buff Claws. It is terribly underperforming and I don't understand why anyone would ever play such a gimped set 

<.<    >.>   

*I think they bought it* 

Edited by ClawsandEffect
  • Haha 2