Tier 9 Crash Power Suggestion

Lockpick

When looking at Tier 9 crash powers like Elude and Overload it seems many people skip these powers because they believe the powers only add to already existing attributes (such as defense) so the use is limited and the crash at the end is a pain.

It seems many people skip these powers (I generally do as well).  My suggestions is to add a minor accuracy and damage buff to these powers.  This might incentivize people to take them because they are not just getting endurance and defense (for example) but some extra accuracy and damage to help with hard targets.  It might also lead to more build options because you may be able to skip Assault and Tactics in the leadership pool.

Frankly I'd like to see them made much stronger.  Make Unstoppable remove the resistance cap letting you push it to 100% for the duration or something nuts like that. Also 100% slow resistance.  Something you'd be willing to eat the crash for.

(I know I'm in the minority but I always wanted the sets to have stronger buffs and crashes with maybe some way to mitigate the crash built into the set. Like Elude only having a crash if all the toggles are on or something. Higher highs and lower lows.  Without removing the options now.  So you could build the armor sets in multiple ways.    Just as long as people have the option to build for consistency if you want.)

Toggles drop completely, T9 starts to act like the Incarnate toggle powers as they run for 2 min while recharge of the power is like 30 mins unmodifeable recharge. Massive boosts to def or resist, +regen and recovery, +damage and tohit, but if the target isn't dead you face plant by the end of the duration mid battle.

Power is an oh-shit, not an every other mob group power, with huge benefits but something to keep in the back pocket.  Incarnate before Incarnate, demi God before being an all omnipotent knowing asshole type of character everybod hates.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

4 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

You think those T9s are useless.  Fire and Dark have to die to use theirs .. 

Rise of the Phoenix should be able to be used when Alive.  

Whatever the Dark Armor version is called also.  

Self rezzes in general, wish they had an alive activation purpose. I think sentinel regen is a good example of making a self rez cool

Personally, I *like* having crashing T9s... but they have to be worth the cost.

With IOs and Incarnate abilities, it's hard to make the argument for several of them that they are. (I actually don't mind Fire's.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I think that Meltdown and Moment of Glory should be the model for T9s.

Overload, OWTS and SOW are somewhat better than Elude, Power Surge and Unstoppable, as the crash only drains your endurance, not your health.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller