That Positron 1 TF started badly

DougGraves

Joined a Positron 1 TF with my 24ish level controller.   I was the 7th to join.  We waited a bit to find an 8th.  Then decided to go with 7.  We start.  The leader is level 8, so it is a level 8 TF.  One player says sorry, he doesn't want to play at level 8 so he quits as we start the first mission.  Someone else silently quit.  So we had a team of 5 at level 8 doing Positron 1.

It was really fun.  We had a decent mix of AT's.  No tanker, so our defender charged in and took the alpha - not a plan, they were just aggressive).  Some quick healing would keep him alive most of the time.  With only 5 of us, each person really mattered.  And at level 8, each power really mattered.

The whole TF was less chaos.  Spawns were small enough  that they did not occupy the whole map.  And at level 8 there were no Ruin Mages - so that was nice.

I normally just assume we will try to fill a team, but unfilled teams might be more fun.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Joined a Positron 1 TF with my 24ish level controller.   I was the 7th to join.  We waited a bit to find an 8th.  Then decided to go with 7.  We start.  The leader is level 8, so it is a level 8 TF.  One player says sorry, he doesn't want to play at level 8 so he quits as we start the first mission.  Someone else silently quit.  So we had a team of 5 at level 8 doing Positron 1.

It was really fun.  We had a decent mix of AT's.  

I normally just assume we will try to fill a team, but unfilled teams might be more fun.

I've started running 4/5 person TFs. 

Everyone gets to showcase their powers and typically we roll as a tight group. 

Great fun....highly recommended. 

• Like 2

My go to test for my fresh 50s is to have them slotted with common IOs and solo Posi 1.  This lets me see what they need out of set bonuses and incarnates.  Posi 1 can be solo'd on any AT, any powerset combo, but the most difficult for me was my time/psy defender...simply because the shadow doppelganger was a beast...so hard to beat!  (Had to get the taser from p2w to knock her down and keep her down)

I like solo, I like small teams, I like large teams.  What i dont like is people not reading chat and screwing up the ambushes so we all die.  That makes me sad.

5 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

My go to test for my fresh 50s is to have them slotted with common IOs and solo Posi 1.  This lets me see what they need out of set bonuses and incarnates.  Posi 1 can be solo'd on any AT, any powerset combo, but the most difficult for me was my time/psy defender...simply because the shadow doppelganger was a beast...so hard to beat!  (Had to get the taser from p2w to knock her down and keep her down)

I like solo, I like small teams, I like large teams.  What i dont like is people not reading chat and screwing up the ambushes so we all die.  That makes me sad.

Clamour's Freakshow ambush in Penelope Yin's task force can be quite the surprise for the unprepared.